PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers Foundation question

cjclong
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I appreciate the information Fnazxc0114 gave us about the Texas Rangers Foundation. I plan to go to a Rangers game in the next few days and may want to get a Hamilton or Young bat. Just wanted to be sure I have this right. If I go to the Rangers Foundation table on the 3rd base side of the concourse near home plate I can go up and tell one of the people at the table, no special person but just whoever is there, that I want to buy a bat today of Hamilton or Young or whoever, and someone will go find one of their bats even if they don't that players bat for sale at the table that day? (Is the black gentleman who goes and gets the bat a big man, if he is that sounds like Norm Lyons the head of the foundation) Also, are the bats they bring you usually cracked or not and will they bring you more than one to look at? Just want to know if I've got it right as I may want to try to buy a bat. Really appreciate your knowledge and assistance.

nationals2k9
07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Norm ran it when I worked there. Remember you're donating to their charity for a broken stick of wood... you can tell them what you'd like to see. I do think almost all Rangers bats are cracked... but go ahead and mention you want to see the goods!

Fnazxc0114
07-15-2009, 05:12 PM
its norm then. older black guy, who's pretty big. he will tell you what they have. last time i got stuff from him he brought back 3 kinslers, and asked me if i wanted a hamilton, because he had four of them down stairs. they were cracked but most were mllb auth.

cjclong
07-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much for your help. We learn a lot from helpful people here. I have a friend who worked for the Rangers and he wasn't aware you could ask the Foundation about bats they weren't displaying.

emann
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
This may have been answered already, but what are the prices from the Rangers Foundation for star bats (like Kinsler or Hamilton)?

Fnazxc0114
07-16-2009, 06:48 PM
they are cheaper than the store

cjclong
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
My experience with the store is that they sell Hamilton bats, which are invariably cracked, some worse than others, for $399.00 An autographed one sold at the store for over $600.