PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Howard World Series Bat on EBAY

Rob
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Any thoughts about this bat on EBAY? I searched Getty but did not find a match.

By the way, I have been on this site for several months and am amazed at the knowledge that members have. Thank you for educating me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-RYAN-HOWARD-DIABLO-FROM-2008-WORLD-SERIES_W0QQitemZ260444475326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca3b34fbe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BWHzVfw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl26,yBKV6!fz0yQ~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/13/!BWHzc4Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DYEjlLl4)iEBKV6!2pfB!~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/13/!BWHzgc!B2k~$(KGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09!jBKV6BCmgl!~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!BWHzjy!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLlgJ6SBKV6BOEZDg~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BWHzumwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLl1kKDBKV6B)19Ow~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/08/!BWH7Th!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKV6cnK+mg~~_35.JPG

Rossi46
07-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Honestly, I would stay away from that bat if you're really looking for a Howard World Series bat. Howard used a Black Marucci bat during the world series last year. There have been quite a few Howard Diablo bats that have come up on ebay in the past year. All were that "Red" color, that I believe was banned by MLB. The seller is also selling Ryan Howard "World Series" batting gloves. Howard has had a contract exclusively with Adidas since at least 2008 so he only wears adidas batting gloves and cleats. He wore Under Armour gloves early in his career so those are not World Series batting gloves. Just my 2 cents though. Maybe others can chime in and confirm my thoughts.

Rossi46
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Just emailed the seller and told him that his bat and batting gloves were NOT world series stuff. Told him Howard has a contract with Adidas since the start of 2008. I received this great response from him "Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info." I wouldn't buy anything this guy is selling based on that response.

dcrules01
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Looks like a black bat and adidas gloves to me..Send the thread link to the seller.And he used adidas last year how does the home run derby have anything to do with last year..:rolleyes:

http://www.everyjoe.com/knucklecurve/files/2008/10/ryan-howard-phillies_nc.jpghttp://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/01/large_howard_arbitration.jpg

Rossi46
07-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I sent the seller another email telling him nicely that these were not World Series items & also that Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves and Reebok cleats during the HR. Derby last night & I've received yet another vulgar response. He said "IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!"

Lokee
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
LMAO that bat would kinda hurt.

But seriously the information has been presented what more does the guy want ?

FastLane80
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Cant you report him to ebay for the foul language? This prick needs to be slapped by someone.

kudu
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Actually he can be reported for noting "personal checks" in his auction. He is only allowed to accept Paypal or other merchant card services. The only way he can accept personal checks/money orders is if the buyer asks him prior to bidding. BTW, his payment instructions are a joke "...PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF BID ACCEPTANCE. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! IF YOU CAN PAY WITHIN 24 HOURS PLEASE DO NOT BID!!! " :confused:

dcrules01
07-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I looked at a bunch of photos on Getty also after I posted the photos here all adidas.So I joined in and sent the seller a note providing all the information here was his response..

Ya! All those photos were probably taken at one game. I really have no way of proving he wore them in the World Series only what my friend told me. He's an advanced major league scout for the Phillies so he would know. Maybe I will relist them later as just game used and then maybe it won't be so baffling. Thanks

FastLane80
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Maybe it's all in how this guy is approached. I sent him a polite message and he replied back with a polite response. It seems like a nice bat but I doubt it was used in the world series...maybe batting practice?

Rossi46
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Fastlane, I did send him a polite message first telling him that I didnt think they were world series game used. I told him why I thought this. (How Howard has a contract with Adidas etc). Then he sent me that smart ass response about howard wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats in the derby last night. I basically told him that I know what I'm talking about and if he wants to screw people out of money then that's his problem. I could tell from his first reponse he knew darn well that these were not World Series items. I was just trying to let him know incase he bought them from someone maybe he could get his money back (if he bought them through ebay & paid paypal). after his responses though I'm done sending him proof.

FastLane80
07-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Fastlane, I did send him a polite message first telling him that I didnt think they were world series game used. I told him why I thought this. (How Howard has a contract with Adidas etc). Then he sent me that smart ass response about howard wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats in the derby last night. I basically told him that I know what I'm talking about and if he wants to screw people out of money then that's his problem. I could tell from his first reponse he knew darn well that these were not World Series items. I was just trying to let him know incase he bought them from someone maybe he could get his money back (if he bought them through ebay & paid paypal). after his responses though I'm done sending him proof.I'm not making any excuses for him and I'm sure your message was polite but because you questioned the authenticity of his items, he may have seen it as an attack. Some people are just more defensive than others. I wouldn't buy from him based on his responses to his negative feedback and the messages he sent you. He seemed pretty convinced the items would sell and they may but to that, I say shame on him for false advertising and shame on the potential buyer for not doing their research. Recently, there was "THE Joe Carter World Series home run bat" that was a nice gamer but was not blonde and not from the hall of fame where it currently resides. Starting bid was 999.99 and it didn't sell. Most people that are willing to spend that kind of money usually do their research but if they buy an obvious fake, then they need to take partial blame for it as well.

Rob
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the help.

When I first contacted the seller he said he had game used proof on Getty. However when I asked him for the image number he could not provide it.

I think he knows that it is not game used but he dosen't care.

jobathenut
07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
I know nothing about the bat and if it's authentic.I am only responding to your post.You told him,"if he wants to screw people out of money then it's his problem".And then you comment about his bad response to you.Are you surprised that he responded to you like that.I would love to read the emails you sent this person, as you only posted his responses.It's kind of like only hearing one side of the story.Because from what you said you said here,i'm not suprised about his response to you.i am not saying its right but i'm saying it sounds like you dished it out first to this person.:)
Fastlane, I did send him a polite message first telling him that I didnt think they were world series game used. I told him why I thought this. (How Howard has a contract with Adidas etc). Then he sent me that smart ass response about howard wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats in the derby last night. I basically told him that I know what I'm talking about and if he wants to screw people out of money then that's his problem. I could tell from his first reponse he knew darn well that these were not World Series items. I was just trying to let him know incase he bought them from someone maybe he could get his money back (if he bought them through ebay & paid paypal). after his responses though I'm done sending him proof.

jobathenut
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
To add on to my post.It's not what you say,it's how you say it.:)

Rossi46
07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Joba...Heres my exact messages and his responses. I was trying to inform him incase he was lied to when he bought the items and it was still within the time frame to get a refund thru PayPal.

Me 1st Message: Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves in last
year's world series. He's had an exclusive contract with adidas
since the begining of 2008 which is why he only wears Adidas
batting gloves and Adidas cleats. Howard used Under Armour
Gloves early in his career up until the end of the 2007 season.
Howard also nevered used a Diablo bat in the world series last
year. He used a Black Marucci Bat. I'm not sure if you purchased
these items from someone that told you this but the
information,but it is not correct.

Him Responding:Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info.

Me 2nd Message:yea I just watched it too and he was wearing Adidas stuff . Look
man, if you feel good about yourself trying to screw people out
of money, thats your deal. Theres already a thread topic about
your "World Series" stuff on a game used forum, that's the only
reason I looked at your listing to begin with. I was just trying to
help you incase you were misinformed about stuff you had
purchased.

Him Responding:IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!

jobathenut
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
rossi-Thanks for posting your emails to this person.Yeah, the first one you sent was alright.But that second one i can see where the person might respond to you the way the person did.Like i said in my other post,it's not what you say,it's how you say it.I'm not defending this person believe me.The response to you was way out of line and it should be reported to greed-bay as it's against thier many rules to express yourself in this manner.:)
Joba...Heres my exact messages and his responses. I was trying to inform him incase he was lied to when he bought the items and it was still within the time frame to get a refund thru PayPal.

Me 1st Message: Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves in last
year's world series. He's had an exclusive contract with adidas
since the begining of 2008 which is why he only wears Adidas
batting gloves and Adidas cleats. Howard used Under Armour
Gloves early in his career up until the end of the 2007 season.
Howard also nevered used a Diablo bat in the world series last
year. He used a Black Marucci Bat. I'm not sure if you purchased
these items from someone that told you this but the
information,but it is not correct.

Him Responding:Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info.

Me 2nd Message:yea I just watched it too and he was wearing Adidas stuff . Look
man, if you feel good about yourself trying to screw people out
of money, thats your deal. Theres already a thread topic about
your "World Series" stuff on a game used forum, that's the only
reason I looked at your listing to begin with. I was just trying to
help you incase you were misinformed about stuff you had
purchased.

Him Responding:IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!

Rossi46
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Yea Joba I agree, I probably should't have said the "screwing people out of money" but I could tell by his first response the he knew what he was selling from the get go. If he watched the derby like he said he did, it was quite obvious that Howard wasn't wearing Reebok Cleats or UA batting gloves to anyone that picks up on little stuff like that. I'm done emailing the guy. Honestly I could care less if somebody bought it. But when a forum member asked about it, then I felt like the need get involved and help him (forum member) and present the facts to the seller if need be.

nickacs
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Just my 2cents, I'm in no way a MLB collector/or really even a watcher, but wanted to say GOOD JOB to message this idiot. Yea, maybe the 'screwing' phrase wasn't the best, but you know, he's just another 1 of thousands of people that get their kicks from selling fake/unused crap to innocent people like us and others to make money the dishonest way.
It's just not right and another reason why this forum is SO great in helping/protecting/informing others of people like this that makes memorabilia collecting a tough hobby these days.

Good job! ;)

kudu
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Looks like the auction has been removed.

ryanhowardsabeast
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
its definantly fake. i know so much about ryan howard and that bat is fake. infact he doesnt always use the black bat. he somtimes uses a dark red bat. that ebay seller makes me mad, especially because he selling a fake bat for 1,300$.

ryanhowardsabeast
07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
that guy is such a frickstick