PDA

View Full Version : Is this an authentic Baltimore Colts game jersey?

apujols04
11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Were these tags ever seen on an authentic game used jersey? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post more pics of whose jersey this is once I find out more info on the tags. It may not even be a game jersey, but just one which is like the ones sold in stores.13I should have titled this "are the tags authentic" or have they been seen like the one I have a pic of.

Bernie J. Gernay
11-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Hello:

These tags are that of a store bought authentic from the 70's. With the "Designed and Tailored Exclusively for the Baltimore Colts" tagging, it can easily be confused and misrepresented. However, a careful look at the jersey will show the numerous differences between that and one of a true gamer. The tagging itself is actually different when compared.

Regards, Bernie

Bernie J. Gernay
877-580-6673
Football Authenticator - Global Authenticated Inc.

"Whoever denies Me before men, I will deny him before my Father in Heaven" -Matthew 10:33

apujols04
11-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks bernie for your help, here are the pics....15

Bernie J. Gernay
11-22-2005, 11:55 AM
In regards to the Unitas jersey the numbers appear to be wrong as well as the nameplate from those pictures. The numbers are silkscreened and the nameplate is tackle twill.

both-teams-played-hard
11-22-2005, 12:11 PM
...also, those tags were not used in the Unitas era...Medalist Sand Knit used square size tags and square exclusive tags during the late 60s-early 70s. NOT rectangle...