PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to the National?

athletics61
07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
It is hard to believe, but the National Sports Collectors Convention is coming to Cleveland in about two and a half weeks. I thought I'd start the thread now to see what some of the forum members are going to do. My intent is to make the two hour drive on the 30th.

I can only hope that the downward trend of game worn jersey availability reverses itself this time. Seems to me that there was more available in previous Cleveland NSCC's.

Any thoughts?

Don

dthedos@columbus.rr.com

Fnazxc0114
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
i am going thurs/fri. i plan on starting a 53 topps set and figuted this would be the best place to start. hopefully if i get lucky might find someone with some old rangers jerseys. but not keeping my fingers crossed.

skyking26
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll be in Cleveland for surgery on the 24th; then make the 3 1/2 hour drive 6 days later and be at National Thursday the 30th only.

My guess is, having been at the last 2, that if you are looking at cards you'll be thrilled. If you are looking for GU, you'll be disappointed.

Just my experience...

Moustache Gang
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
SkyKing,

I will be driving the boys over on Thursday morning. We plan on staying about 3-4 hours. If you get there around lunch time we will could hook up for lunch. I will be wearing my gold Reggie A's jersey so I should stand out. I believe you have my cell # but if not it is 313.354.3904.

Good Luck on your surgery. I believe this is the second or third time for you and I hope they nail it this time.

Mark

Mark Weimerskirch
Maumee, Ohio

dcgreg25
07-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I am coming in on Thursday night and will be at the show Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, they do not have many former (or any current) Indians signing at the show. Hopefully a National in Cleveland should have a pretty good shot at some Indians stuff.

hockeytigers
07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I have been considering going, but can anyone who has attended in the past let me know if there have been many dealers of GU NFL jerseys? Thanks!!

Sincityson
07-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I have been considering going, but can anyone who has attended in the past let me know if there have been many dealers of GU NFL jerseys? Thanks!!

There were some at the last Cleveland show, including the guys from GameWornUniforms, who had a bunch, a few other dealers had some as well but there certainly wasn't an over abundance of them. Mostly cards, and other memorabilia.

Tay1038
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Would someone be kind and keep an eye-out for some Minnesota Twins jersey's for me? Looking for Kirby Puckett, Harmon Killebrew, Tony Oliva and Rod Carew? I live in Minnesota so won't be able to attend. Who know's - maybe a legit one will show up out there?

skyking26
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
SkyKing,

I will be driving the boys over on Thursday morning. We plan on staying about 3-4 hours. If you get there around lunch time we will could hook up for lunch. I will be wearing my gold Reggie A's jersey so I should stand out. I believe you have my cell # but if not it is 313.354.3904.

Good Luck on your surgery. I believe this is the second or third time for you and I hope they nail it this time.

Mark

Mark Weimerskirch
Maumee, Ohio
Mark: I leave about 6 and would be there by 9-9:30 am. Unless I die on the table; lets plan on lunch... RK

jobathenut
07-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Me and brother always wanted to go to this show but never have.Has'nt it already been in cleveland like 2 years ago? I always thought they change the location of it.It's funny it would back there so soon.And i just wanted to say-skyking-good luck on the surgery my friend-:)
I'll be in Cleveland for surgery on the 24th; then make the 3 1/2 hour drive 6 days later and be at National Thursday the 30th only.

My guess is, having been at the last 2, that if you are looking at cards you'll be thrilled. If you are looking for GU, you'll be disappointed.

Just my experience...

jobathenut
07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
skyking-DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!!!!:(
Mark: I leave about 6 and would be there by 9-9:30 am. Unless I die on the table; lets plan on lunch... RK

skyking26
07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
skyking-DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!!!!:(
Joba - thanks for the kind words. I still have that Dunn AZ GU hat if you need it...

Yes, Cleveland 07, Chicago 08. Good for me as I live in Michigan and can make these excersions, but bad for east and west coasters; southerners... I'd be pissed if I were them. Show should move from region to region, but I think they've had success in midwest and thus the holding pattern.

jobathenut
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Not a problem skyking-And yes i still want and need that dunn hat.I'm trying to save up for it.But it's tough as you know i've been selling off my collection to help my family,so all the money has been going to them.And i hate to add to my collection,when i'm trying to sell it.Does'nt make sense to do that.But i've always wanted something game used from him.And i have'nt been able to put away much lately for the hat.But i've been trying to put a little aside for your hat.I thought i had a deal that i could've used for your hat but the person backed out on the items they said they wanted.As i told you i have $60 saved up for it.I will keep trying.As far as the national as i don't want to hijack this thread as i hate when people do that.Me and my brother have been to cleveland.Where do they have the national there? I really wish i could afford to go.As i said me and my brother always wanted to go to one.Back in the day we used to read the scd about them.They sure sound like alot of fun.Yeah,i always thought that,that they move from east to west every other year.I don't think it's ever been in the midwest like minnesota.Theres never any shows here.Please skyking take care of yourself and my thoughts will be with you.:)
Joba - thanks for the kind words. I still have that Dunn AZ GU hat if you need it...

Yes, Cleveland 07, Chicago 08. Good for me as I live in Michigan and can make these excersions, but bad for east and west coasters; southerners... I'd be pissed if I were them. Show should move from region to region, but I think they've had success in midwest and thus the holding pattern.

skyking26
07-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Not a problem skyking-And yes i still want and need that dunn hat.I'm trying to save up for it.But it's tough as you know i've been selling off my collection to help my family,so all the money has been going to them.And i hate to add to my collection,when i'm trying to sell it.Does'nt make sense to do that.But i've always wanted something game used from him.And i have'nt been able to put away much lately for the hat.But i've been trying to put a little aside for your hat.I thought i had a deal that i could've used for your hat but the person backed out on the items they said they wanted.As i told you i have $60 saved up for it.I will keep trying.As far as the national as i don't want to hijack this thread as i hate when people do that.Me and my brother have been to cleveland.Where do they have the national there? I really wish i could afford to go.As i said me and my brother always wanted to go to one.Back in the day we used to read the scd about them.They sure sound like alot of fun.Yeah,i always thought that,that they move from east to west every other year.I don't think it's ever been in the midwest like minnesota.Theres never any shows here.Please skyking take care of yourself and my thoughts will be with you.:)
National is typically held down by the airport in Cleveland. It's a 3 1/2 drive one way for me, but with all the medical problems I've had...I could make it there blindfolded.

Basketball-collector
07-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I definately am going to the National. I usually make the trip a mini-vacation as I usually go to downtown Cleveland for the nightlife.

Where is everyone meeting up on Thursday, July 30 ? Lunch area ?

ironmanfan
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
In 2010, The National will be in Baltimore for the first time (can't wait!)