PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Lampson's Finest Authentication, Yet!!

hblakewolf
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Current Ebay offering, "Dwight Gooden RT Game Used "Celebrity Game" jersey"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220441076180&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The LOA appears to be the standard style used with Bricol auctions.

Based on the simply in-depth and detailed LOA, I'm still scratching my head as to how in the world Lampson can attribute this to Gooden, a "Celebrity Game" or ever being within 100 miles of Gooden?

Would "Celebrities" actually wear jerseys for an event void of names on back?

Maybe Lampson has some keen insight or information that possibly Gooden wore this at the same time that Ripken was wearing the green St. Pat's jersey?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

sox83cubs84
07-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Howard...

Why don't you just call Lou and ask him?...Oh, that's right...he's hobby unlisted.:mad: :mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

mr.miracle
07-12-2009, 01:48 PM
In a quest to find the ever elusive Sweet Lou Lampson, I recently contacted a team of private detectives/investigators in an attempt to track Lou down. After a week of doing preliminary research on Sweet Lou's whereabouts, they told me that they would have better luck tracking down Bin Laden that ever coming close to finding Mr. Lampson. I paid them their $2500 in service fees rendered and sent them on their merry way.:rolleyes:

both-teams-played-hard
07-12-2009, 03:53 PM
What does "R-T" stand for? Many times identification is just as perplexing as authentication. Also, what does "R-T" stand for? I can't say if the Lampman is right or wrong. However, does anyone know what the "R' and the "T" stand for?

hblakewolf
07-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Should the winner of this Ebay auction also desire to obtain the extremely rare "RT" hat worn by Gooden, here's the link:

http://hats.cafepress.com/item/euro-rt-baseball-cap/17353689

Based on Lou's strict standards of grading, researching and photo matching from his extensive 6 million photos, I'm sure you can coax him to writing another rock solid LOA.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Eric
07-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Everyone knows that RT stands for "Red Team" and #16 was Doc Gooden who struck out #3 of BT "Blue Team" on three pitches. That #3 is Babe Ruth.

Eric
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Am I overthinking this, or do celebrity/athlete softball game usually have player names on the back to show people which celebrity they are looking at. Why would you NOT put a celebrity's name on the back of a jersey in a game like this?

otismalibu
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Why would you NOT put a celebrity's name on the back of a jersey in a game like this?

Lou's out of tackle twill?

Maybe he could throw in a Chargers facemask?