PDA

View Full Version : 80+ years of Rawlings Tagging

diamondicons1
07-12-2009, 09:24 AM
When through my jersey database and decided to pull together information on Rawlings Tagging. Primers have been posted in the past. I have gone back to some of the earliest examples. If you have any insight or examples from the 20s and 30s, please let us all know.

flaco1801
07-12-2009, 10:06 AM
thank you... great post

both-teams-played-hard
07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Nice work, thanks for posting. Do you have any examples of late 50s Rawlings tags, non-baseball, non-flannel?

diamondicons1
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I don't have any non-baseball examples.

Mike

www.CincinnatiRedsGameUsed.com (http://www.CincinnatiRedsGameUsed.com)

designedexclusively
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
BTPH,

There's two different grades of none baseball rawlings tags for the 50's and 60's, one's that went on to pro grade football and basketball shirts, like college and minor leagues, and then high school and youth shirts. The latter tag is white with the laundry instructions next to it, usually located on the inner back hem, where as pro grade and college shirts from this era were usually placed in the neck or on the bottom front.

DX

both-teams-played-hard
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
BTPH,

There's two different grades of none baseball rawlings tags for the 50's and 60's, one's that went on to pro grade football and basketball shirts, like college and minor leagues, and then high school and youth shirts. The latter tag is white with the laundry instructions next to it, usually located on the inner back hem, where as pro grade and college shirts from this era were usually placed in the neck or on the bottom front.

DX
DX
Yes, I've seen those variations. I need to search my database and post examples.