PDA

View Full Version : Oh, it's coming.....

brianborsch
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks to a fellow member on here, something great is coming to me, and as soon as I get it, I will post it! Ha! Until it gets here both you and I will have to fester!

Vintagedeputy
07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
"hhhmmm...what could it be?"

http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/f_playrm.jpg

emann
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
something great is coming to me, and as soon as I get it, I will post it!

Is it A-Rod's GU jock strap? :confused:

suicide_squeeze
07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Is it a Lenny Dykstra stock tip??

Vintagedeputy
07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Is it Mr. 3000's next alternate screen name?

brianborsch
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Ha! I never thought this post would bring so much humor! You guys are the best! That Uncle Fester is amazing!!!!! :D

Don't worry the item should be here very soon!

suave1477
07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
ARODS NEEDLE?????
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/idepc/dtopics/stds/images/syringe.jpg

OR ALL FRUIT FLAVORS????:D
http://shop.advanceweb.com/images/products/PSG/Pens/PSG_Syringe_HiLiters/Syringe_Hlighter_beauty_med.jpg

sox83cubs84
07-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Is it the baseball Milton Bradley threw into the Wrigley Field bleachers with only 2 out?:p :p :p

Dave M.
Chicago area

3arod13
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
It's not coming UPS is it?

both-teams-played-hard
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6497/upsbat7.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4316/upsbatbtphwatermark.jpg

3arod13
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6497/upsbat7.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4316/upsbatbtphwatermark.jpg

It's amazing how you're able to do that. Bats look like they're right in their hands.

both-teams-played-hard
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
It's amazing how you're able to do that. Bats look like they're right in their hands.

Thanks. My wife taught me everything I know.

allstarsplus
07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Sometimes the OT on here can get you rolling on the floor. Some of these are hilarious.

I saw the title "Oh, it's coming...." and got scared to open the thread and then Steve, Jim, and Emann and the photoshop work had me rolling.

Thanks!!!!

brianborsch
07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah,

I thought that my title would add a little suspense and excitement to the forum with all the steroid talk going on.

The guys on this forum are great though. This has been a fun topic and everyone has been great. But there is an item that I have been waiting for that is coming, and hopefully I get it today to show everyone. I have tried to get this type of item from people/companies who work directly with this player and they told me that acquiring this type of item can't be done for this player. So when I came across this, I almost died.

We'll see what you all think!

metsbats
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
In the meantime Everybody...

metsbats
07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
And for your sake brianborsch we hope it's

brianborsch
07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
OK Y'all! IT has ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! And it is even better than I expected! First off the item of interest is a 2008 Game Issued Evan Longoria World Series Louisville Slugger bat. This bat is clean and unused and is the most absolutely beautiful bat I have ever seen! OK, some of you may not think that the bat is a big deal, but I have been trying to get a Longoria game issued bat, and even his distributor said it was not possible through them!
Now, the goocher that I just found out about now is that while this bat is game issued and unused, it IS photomatched!!! Check the pics (look at the grains...none of the bats are the same and the circled bat matches mine exactly!) and enjoy!!!!

brianborsch
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Regarding the photomatch, below is a better comparison:

dodgersfan
07-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought it was going to be something big like a Babe Ruth game used item,lol

Rudy

Thanks to a fellow member on here, something great is coming to me, and as soon as I get it, I will post it! Ha! Until it gets here both you and I will have to fester!

Vintagedeputy
07-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Who is Evan Longoria?

:)

metsbats
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Who is Evan Longoria?

:)

I found a photo.

She's pretty hot and played in the 2008 World Series evidently:D

metsbats
07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
but seriously, Nice pickup BrianBorsch. Congrats!

skinsfan0521
07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm just curious where that photo is from that you photomatched it to? I do agree that it's probably the same bat, but where was that picture take and why? lol

-Brian

kylehess10
07-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm just curious where that photo is from that you photomatched it to? I do agree that it's probably the same bat, but where was that picture take and why? lol

-Brian

The pic appears to be from the Louisville Slugger factory when it was made.

suicide_squeeze
07-10-2009, 10:39 PM
brianborsch,

That's a pretty fine piece, and with the factory photo match, it's unbeatable.

Where in the world did you find that little gem?

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 01:30 AM
SkinsFan: Kyle Hess is right, the photo is a photo of some 2008 World Series bats drying from their finish dip @ the LVS factory. The five of them to the left are Evan Longoria's.

Suicide and others: Thanks for the nice compliments and the humor. This was fun for me.

I am a collector that actually likes game issued over game used. There's just something I like about a clean bat that was issued for professional use to a player. I may be a rare breed, but I know what I like.

This bat is now especially special because of the link directly to that pic. Imagine a photomatch on an unused item! I love the heritage of LVS and getting this bat just takes everything I love about sports memorabilia and makes it one. Thus, this is now my favorite piece!

metsbats
07-11-2009, 05:51 AM
The ultimate prize for the collector who specializes in game issued non used bat has got to be a World Series bat.

cordovacollector
07-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow! That truly is a hallmark bat for your collection! Sweet! Tell us the story of how you got it.

Could someone line up the photomatch side-by-side? I think it looks a lot like the one in the plastic bag in the last photo too.

cordovacollector
07-11-2009, 07:18 AM
:o Uh, did I just get snookered? Is the bat in the plastic a photoshop of your bat inserted next to the hanging bats ... uhhh, hanging by your bat?

If that is the case, then in the words of my favorite comedian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 07:55 AM
David: I agree! And the photomatch also adds to it! I didn't think it could happen!

Cordovacollector: Yes, I cut the photo of my bat and placed it next to the same bat that was hanging in the factory to compare the grain pattern side by side. Its a perfect match.

I actually got this bat from a forum member on here (whom I am indebted to!). I saw a post between a member who collects Rays bat (Camarokids), and Ryan Topping (aka: Ryant7) where Ryan was talking about his Dad having this bat. I inquired if it was still available and we worked it out from there!

I also won a Carl Crawford game issued World Series bat off of ebay from Ryant7 as well!

markize
07-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Brian,

as you prefer game issued, you should check out the list Taube just put out. There are several game issued bats, and a few were WS bats.

By the way, nice Longoria you posted David (Oh, and you too Brian)!

Mark

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah,

I was eye-balling the 2001 Pujols Rawlings. But I just dropped cash on this bat and next I will need to pay for the Crawford bat too. Its always like that. You find great items and buy them, and then more items circulate. Why can't I win the lottery!

markize
07-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I know what you mean. I could go months and find no bats I want, then I find one and several pop up! I too would be happy with a powerball lottery win, although it will be tough if I don't actually buy tickets first.

Mark

BoneRubbedBat
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I was wondering who outbid me on the Crawford bat. If you decide to sell.....:D

suave1477
07-11-2009, 12:37 PM
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME WHAT ARE YOU REALLY WAITING FOR????:D
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7888/suspense1ha9.jpg

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Its already posted within the thread.

suicide_squeeze
07-11-2009, 12:55 PM
SkinsFan: Kyle Hess is right, the photo is a photo of some 2008 World Series bats drying from their finish dip @ the LVS factory. The five of them to the left are Evan Longoria's.

Suicide and others: Thanks for the nice compliments and the humor. This was fun for me.

I am a collector that actually likes game issued over game used. There's just something I like about a clean bat that was issued for professional use to a player. I may be a rare breed, but I know what I like.

This bat is now especially special because of the link directly to that pic. Imagine a photomatch on an unused item! I love the heritage of LVS and getting this bat just takes everything I love about sports memorabilia and makes it one. Thus, this is now my favorite piece!

That's just awesome. I am truly thrilled for you. It's a great day for each and every one of us to land an item that means so much to us.....what a great feeling. The thing that's so awesome about this is that you have the picture of it hanging after being dipped......that's priceless. And RARE.

Enjoy the bat.....and by the way, I too am enthralled in the heritage of Louisville Sluggers. To me, they are the inbred ingredient that makes baseball baseball.

Enjoy your little gem.:)

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey Suicide,

Thanks for the kind words and support. I feel the same. I know that Longoria is no Pujols, but he is fairly decent. A year ago I was just looking for a unused regular bat of his and almost gave in and bout one of the game model LVS bats of his. I am glad I waited (although I may still get one of those if I can find it at a good price).

Now I am in the hunt for a high-res version of the picture. Wish me luck!

LastingsMilledge85
07-11-2009, 04:15 PM
What made you want a game issued WS bat, rather than a game used regular Longoria bat?

spartakid
07-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey Suicide,

Thanks for the kind words and support. I feel the same. I know that Longoria is no Pujols, but he is fairly decent. A year ago I was just looking for a unused regular bat of his and almost gave in and bout one of the game model LVS bats of his. I am glad I waited (although I may still get one of those if I can find it at a good price).

Now I am in the hunt for a high-res version of the picture. Wish me luck!

Brian, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the bat? I'm curious what issued bats run as opposed to game-used, considering that bat would cost quite a lot if it were used. Cool match by the way. thanks, Ricardo

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Game issued bats typically coat less than a used bat. How much less varies. For that bat I paid around $250. But i also bought a game issued Ichiro bat for $1600, so sometimes they aren't very cheap. It just depends.

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Lastingsmilledge: I like my bats to be clean and unused. The fact the bat was issued to the said player is enough for me. I dont need it to be used. I think it looks nicer.

LastingsMilledge85
07-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Ok, what ever floats tour boat is fine. I'm not big into bats, only have two (actually got my seond tonight), but for me I like bats hammered with use because I like all the scuffs, pine tar, ball marks, and sometimes the players right things on them. Whatever works for you though is fine.

brianborsch
07-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I think game used bats are cool. There's just something about a new unused bat that gets me though...