PDA

View Full Version : frank thomas jersey

momen55
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
what is his white sox jersey going for nowadays? and what size should it be?

spartakid
07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I think this is a question for Wade, extensive Thomas collection, you can look him up.

sox83cubs84
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
what is his white sox jersey going for nowadays? and what size should it be?

For his first few seasons (til 1993 or thereabouts), Thomas took a very snug 46. He went up to 48 for the next few years, and 50 after that.

Dave M.
Chicago area

grenda12
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
There's a Thomas jersey on gu Chicago's Craigslist right now.

kingjammy24
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
For his first few seasons (til 1993 or thereabouts), Thomas took a very snug 46. He went up to 48 for the next few years, and 50 after that.

Dave M.
Chicago area

and a +2" length customization for most of those size 46 and 48 years if i'm not mistaken.

rudy.

WadeInBmore
07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
wow, a frank thomas question and thread....and I didn't start it LOL. This is what I know as far as Thomas jerseys and sizes go. This list was compiled from other members input and past auctions, way before I ever got into collecting game used stuff...

1994 size 48 Blue Chip Sports Website
1994 size 46 Authentic Gamers, American
Memorabilia, Lelands
1998 size 48 + 2 Grey Flannel
1999 size 46 + 2 Grey Flannel
2000 size 50 Ball Park Heroes, Jim Yackel,
Blue Chip Sports
2002 size 48 American Memorabilia
2007 Blue Jays 52
2008 Blue Jays 52

As far as the price one of his jerseys commands, the A's apparently sold off some jerseys for like $100 or $150 at the past fan fest this year (all hear say as i wasn't in attendance as I am an east coast kinda guy). The Jays seem to sell unused/issued jerseys for around $600 for repeat business, but typically start the game used jerseys in the $1000 market. I recently purchased an away uniform and paid $1100 total. Specialty situations/game jerseys always bring in more, just to reiterate. I would think that you could score one from someone in the private sector for $500-$750...it is quite possible that they don't know what they have and are just looking to move it. I was once offered a TBTC jersey for 1750. I think the first GUU auction had a jersey go off for around $800...but timing just wasn't right for me at that time (it was an black alt jersey!!!!)

Hope that helps. I would love to see some pics when you get it...or even if you don't get it. How much are they offering it to you for? Were you the person that posted the Black White Sox Jersey the other day? I currently have a bp jersey, a grey away sox jersey, and a home pinstripe...I still need a black alt jersey myself. All the best. Let me know if I can help out with anything else. I feel like the list I provided is my old list as it didn't have the Blue Jays stuff on it...I added it, perhaps a more updated list is on my other computer. I will try to check it out in the next day or so for you. Again, best of luck.

spartakid
07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
wow, a frank thomas question and thread....and I didn't start it LOL. This is what I know as far as Thomas jerseys and sizes go. This list was compiled from other members input and past auctions, way before I ever got into collecting game used stuff...

1994 size 48 Blue Chip Sports Website
1994 size 46 Authentic Gamers, American
Memorabilia, Lelands
1998 size 48 + 2 Grey Flannel
1999 size 46 + 2 Grey Flannel
2000 size 50 Ball Park Heroes, Jim Yackel,
Blue Chip Sports
2002 size 48 American Memorabilia
2007 Blue Jays 52
2008 Blue Jays 52

As far as the price one of his jerseys commands, the A's apparently sold off some jerseys for like $100 or $150 at the past fan fest this year (all hear say as i wasn't in attendance as I am an east coast kinda guy). The Jays seem to sell unused/issued jerseys for around $600 for repeat business, but typically start the game used jerseys in the $1000 market. I recently purchased an away uniform and paid $1100 total. Specialty situations/game jerseys always bring in more, just to reiterate. I would think that you could score one from someone in the private sector for $500-$750...it is quite possible that they don't know what they have and are just looking to move it. I was once offered a TBTC jersey for 1750. I think the first GUU auction had a jersey go off for around $800...but timing just wasn't right for me at that time (it was an black alt jersey!!!!)

Hope that helps. I would love to see some pics when you get it...or even if you don't get it. How much are they offering it to you for? Were you the person that posted the Black White Sox Jersey the other day? I currently have a bp jersey, a grey away sox jersey, and a home pinstripe...I still need a black alt jersey myself. All the best. Let me know if I can help out with anything else. I feel like the list I provided is my old list as it didn't have the Blue Jays stuff on it...I added it, perhaps a more updated list is on my other computer. I will try to check it out in the next day or so for you. Again, best of luck.

Unfortunately I can conform the price at the A's fanfest, because I wasn't able to get one for obvious reasons:(

mskwarek
07-09-2009, 07:33 AM
There's a Thomas jersey on gu Chicago's Craigslist right now.

The one on Craigslist looks real nice, and appears that it will go for a steal of a price - ~600. Too bad I'm not a sox fan :-)

http://images.craigslist.org/3n43pc3o3ZZZZZZZZZ975048eaee5d6aa15d0.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3kb3ob3lfZZZZZZZZZ975ab757d1fc891140a.jpg

sox83cubs84
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
and a +2" length customization for most of those size 46 and 48 years if i'm not mistaken.

rudy.

Correctomundo, Rudy...I forgot to add that part.

Dave M.
Chicago area

karamaxjoe
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure a couple days ago I had the inside track on this jersey. Thanks to this thread "outing" the jersey, I'm no longer in the picture. Who managed to make a better offer?

yanks12025
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't trust craigslist enless you live by the person. I lost $600 on craigslist. I mailed my payment to the seller, but a local buyer showed up and offer more, the seller took his offer and decided to never send my money back and the police did nothing.

WadeInBmore
07-09-2009, 04:44 PM
"I'm pretty sure a couple days ago I had the inside track on this jersey. Thanks to this thread "outing" the jersey, I'm no longer in the picture. Who managed to make a better offer?"

it wasn't me Mike.

wade

karamaxjoe
07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
it wasn't me Mike.

wade

No problem, I figured it's someone local since it would be a huge risk mailing payment for a Craigslist item. Did you happen to see that nice Thomas Sox batting helmet on ebay? That helmet was beat to hell.

grenda12
07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Did you happen to see that nice Thomas Sox batting helmet on ebay? That helmet was beat to hell.

I seen it. Looked awesome.

WadeInBmore
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Did you happen to see that nice Thomas Sox batting helmet on ebay? That helmet was beat to hell.

I saw it, bid on it, got out bid and bid again. I had the thing won until someone sniped me with 3 seconds to go. I think a Thomas batting helmet, A's jersey, black alt sox jersey and a pair of the batting gloves from 96 are my new goals for my collection. I will never turn away from a nice Thomas item, however...I wanted that helmet, but had a limit on how much I would spend. I think I've purchased from that seller before too, asked if they had any other game used Thomas items for sale...no response and then this pops up.

A couple of months ago there was a different Thomas helmet listed, and I won that auction...cheaper in fact (didn't have nearly as much use, but it also wasn't cracked)...BUT the reserve wasn't met and the buyer decided to keep it.

Oh well. Thats how the cookie crumbles. The quest continues :)

wade

MikeM
07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
As far as the price one of his jerseys commands, the A's apparently sold off some jerseys for like $100 or $150 at the past fan fest this year (all hear say as i wasn't in attendance as I am an east coast kinda guy).
I was there. The Thomas was $100, but it was actually already sold before the fanfest doors even opened.

karamaxjoe
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Over the weekend I worked out a deal for this jersey and couldn't be happier with it. I won't tell you the price, but it's a lot less than I was expecting to pay. My original plan was to flip this jersey, but I think I'm going to keep it now. The piling and puckering on the numbers, tags and logo are great and the jersey came from an employee of the Frank Thomas Foundation. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

The only worries I had was how the transaction was going to take place. Imagine meeting someone you don't know at a Walgreens parking lot near O'Hare airport to pay cash for something off Craigslist. Luckily the seller was an okay person and I got out of there quick.