PDA

View Full Version : ALS jerseys used on the 4th of July....

suicide_squeeze
07-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know if MLB has any plans to sell/auction off the jerseys used by all the teams on the 4th of July that had the "4 ALS" patches sewn onto them in honor of Lou Gehrig's disease awareness?

3arod13
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know if MLB has any plans to sell/auction off the jerseys used by all the teams on the 4th of July that had the "4 ALS" patches sewn onto them in honor of Lou Gehrig's disease awareness?

4 ALS patch

orioles03
07-05-2009, 02:46 PM
there not sewn on they are just sticker patches

tcfor3
07-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I was at the Athletics and Indians game today at Progressive Field and talked to both the home and visiting bat boys and they told me that they took the ALS patches off the Indians and Athletics jerseys after the game on Saturday night and threw the patches away.

So, unless someone grabbed a jersey before this was done, or someone took that patches out of the trash to reattach to a jersey, the possibility of any of the jerseys from this game with the patches remaining on them is very unlikely.

Other teams may have done something different with these jerseys.

I was able to get some of the ALS stickers from both teams that were used on the helmets before they were tossed in the garbage.

suicide_squeeze
07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the insight guys.

Texans
07-06-2009, 12:38 AM
I wonder why they didnt sewn them on. It be great way to sell them and make extra money.

Jojo

pags13
07-06-2009, 06:25 AM
TCFOR3: any chance you'd sell me 2 of the 4ALS helmet stickers if you have extra? drop me an email at jspayd@hotmail.com and let me know. THANK YOU, look forward to hearing from you

Jays1fan
07-06-2009, 08:46 AM
They did the Same thing on Mothers Day and Fathers Day with those Pink and Blue Ribbons. I noticed Adam Linds jersey a couple of games later on tv had a Glue ribbon impression where the patch Used to be.