PDA

View Full Version : OT pedroia and his 2 home runs

Fnazxc0114
07-05-2009, 12:07 PM
over kinsler you gotta be kidding me. granted i am a little biased but you gotta love the east coast bias. if pedroia played for the padres none of us woulld know who he was.

Mauer7
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Shoulda voted more. Plain and simple.

suicide_squeeze
07-05-2009, 12:30 PM
over kinsler you gotta be kidding me. granted i am a little biased but you gotta love the east coast bias. if pedroia played for the padres none of us woulld know who he was.

Absolutely true.

Texans
07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Kinsler should start but he will get in anyways. The worse is Josh Hamilton getting voted in. I use to love the All Star game as a kid but it just gotten worse. The winner is determine by who wins the All Star game. You dont see the NHL or NBA do this

Jojo

Texans
07-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Kinsler should start but he will get in anyways. The worse is Josh Hamilton getting voted in. I use to love the All Star game as a kid but it just gotten worse. The winner is determine by who wins the All Star game. You dont see the NHL or NBA do this

Jojo

Sorry I meant home field is determine by the winner of the All Star game

Jojo

yanks12025
07-05-2009, 12:53 PM
What a joke, it all the boston fans that vote because they only care about their players and not the ones that are doing good. The voting is a joke and so are they. Pedoria should not have been in the top two, it should have gone Kinsler, Cano and then Pedoria. At least they got 1st base right with Teixeira.

TFig27
07-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry I meant home field is determine by the winner of the All Star game

Jojo

Did you like the way it was done before the All Star game decided it?

mwbosoxfan
07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
What a joke, it all the boston fans that vote because they only care about their players and not the ones that are doing good. The voting is a joke and so are they. Pedoria should not have been in the top two, it should have gone Kinsler, Cano and then Pedoria. At least they got 1st base right with Teixeira.

Nice. Another outstanding contribution to the forum.

yanks12025
07-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice. Another outstanding contribution to the forum.

Well look, the red sox fans only voted for their players.

gameused
07-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Would you like some cheese with that whine?:D

Mr.3000
07-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Would you like some cheese with that whine?:D

LOL

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Wright over Zimmerman is another injustice.....sad really.

Mr.3000
07-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Wright over Zimmerman is another injustice.....sad really.

Zimm definately having the better season.....what the AS game used to be based on.

Texans
07-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you like the way it was done before the All Star game decided it?

Yeah I thought it was better that way. Has this way really increase All Star interest and viewers?

Jojo

Mr.3000
07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah I thought it was better that way. Has this way really increase All Star interest and viewers?

Jojo

I agree. I liked the old way far better.

jobathenut
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I know this is off-topic but this just in everybody.All sports all star games voting (especially baseball) is who's most popular,not who's the best.And it's usally a joke on who gets voted in like players who have'nt played all season.Or when they pick a dh player to play first who has played only a handful of games if any there in that season.That's the reason why i don't even watch all star games,as they are a joke.Alright back on topic.Yes,if he was playing for almost any team but that team he would be role player and not the star player the team he is on has marketed him to be.:)

jobathenut
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Before i get hate back at me.I ment that he was'nt as deserving of it than that other player.So i was agreeing with the start of the thread.:)
I know this is off-topic but this just in everybody.All sports all star games voting (especially baseball) is who's most popular,not who's the best.And it's usally a joke on who gets voted in like players who have'nt played all season.Or when they pick a dh player to play first who has played only a handful of games if any there in that season.That's the reason why i don't even watch all star games,as they are a joke.Alright back on topic.Yes,if he was playing for almost any team but that team he would be role player and not the star player the team he is on has marketed him to be.:)

mr.miracle
07-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Jojo

Great point, I actually have no idea why MLB does not do the same thing as the NBA and the NHL but they have always had to be different. It used to alternate from year to year AL one year NL next. Not really sure that made a ton of sense either. Why not just base it on best overall record period. I know you get the nonsense argument about the unbalanced schedules and how for instance the AL East teams beat each other up for so many games vs for instance the NL West but that does not seem to matter as when was the last time an NL West team finished with a top record. The same could be said for the NBA as the East has been extremly weak over the past five to eight seasons in terms of total team balance from top to bottom but the Western Conference team has still been getting home court virtually every year.

I am just not sure why there is any argument on why to do it that way, but then again, MLB has to be different and difficult about everything. I have to agree that an All-star game deciding home field advantage in the World Series is just stupidity.

Texans
07-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Great point, I actually have no idea why MLB does not do the same thing as the NBA and the NHL but they have always had to be different. It used to alternate from year to year AL one year NL next. Not really sure that made a ton of sense either. Why not just base it on best overall record period. I know you get the nonsense argument about the unbalanced schedules and how for instance the AL East teams beat each other up for so many games vs for instance the NL West but that does not seem to matter as when was the last time an NL West team finished with a top record. The same could be said for the NBA as the East has been extremly weak over the past five to eight seasons in terms of total team balance from top to bottom but the Western Conference team has still been getting home court virtually every year.

I am just not sure why there is any argument on why to do it that way, but then again, MLB has to be different and difficult about everything. I have to agree that an All-star game deciding home field advantage in the World Series is just stupidity.

It just be great to see teams down the stretch fighting for best record. I think it keeps interest in the sport. Like when the Cavs and Lakers were fighting each other.

mr.miracle
07-05-2009, 11:02 PM
It just be great to see teams down the stretch fighting for best record. I think it keeps interest in the sport. Like when the Cavs and Lakers were fighting each other.

Bingo, I totally agree with that one. Would love to see this happen that way.

cordovacollector
07-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I haven't heard yet but I hope this year Morneau is in the HR Derby again. I would love for Mauer to be in it too but doubt he will risk injury.

Last year it was just sad when Morneau won the HR Derby and it seemed no one cared because it wasn't Hamilton. Even the check they presented him for his charity had Jason Morneau written on it in stead of Justin.

But it is great to see Twins *and former Twins) at the events -- have fun Joe, Joe, and Justin!

bigtime59
07-06-2009, 06:43 AM
With the Marlins and Twins moving out of the last multi-purpose shared stadiums, the team(s) with the best records should have home-field advantage in the playoffs.
The All-Star game rosters should be determined by the major league managers, with the caveat that you can't vote for your own players.
(Hamilton actually screwed up my prediction for this [and every] years' AL outfield: one from the Yankee$, one from the Red $ox and Ichiro.)

cordovacollector
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Amen!!!

justinlm24
07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I personally don't think Jeter should be the starting SS......Scutaro is having a great year and there seems to be no mention of him....So you guys are saying only players who hit alot of homeruns should be all stars? Pedroia does more for his team than just hit homeruns. Which is what made him the MVP last year. (plus he has 3 HR this year, not 2) What about Aaron Hill? He leads all 2B in homers....that mean he shoulda been the starter? Yes I'm a sox fan, and I agree he shouldn't be the starting 2b....But he deserves to be there just as wakefield does.....They are all gonna get playing time, so whats it matter who starts?