PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Model Glove

joelsabi
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to share how to identify the Model Glove and the Game Issued Glove from when Alex Rodriguez was in Seattle.

There are two ways to get Model Gloves. There was the Upperdeck Edition and then there was the Pepsi Promotion Glove. Both of them were originally bought with the Rawlings tag on them and were in mint condition. Many people have since then removed the tag for various reasons. Some are benign such as better display piece and to actually play baseball with it, Unfortunantly, some owners have decided to pass them off as game issued glove later.

Also the Upperdeck glove has RodriQuez misspelled.
Another thing is that the signatures are located in the same position on the model glove with no additional inscription. All Game Used Glove have additional inscription on them.

I will add this information to my website when it is up.

Hope this is helpful

See attachments: a) Uppdeck b) Pepsi

joelsabi
07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
One of these Pepsi model gloves is now up for bid on Ebay.

Nice seller sent me a copy of the Lampson COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1-Alex-Rodriguez-Game-Used-Fielders-Glove-Auto-JSA_W0QQitemZ320398800048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item4a9941b4b0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A4|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

Item: Game Used Alex Rodriguez glove on Ebay
Glove has a Lampson Certificate for game use and JSA for the autograph.
Must have been bought by a seller to resell and was bought here:
Vintage Authentics
Auction Ended June 4 2009
Lot 110. Alex Rodriguez Game Used & Autographed Glove $1,708.80

It’s my opinion this glove is one of the many Pepsi Promotional Gloves from when ARod was in Seattle.

I am confused why it was authenticated by Lampson as game used in the first place.

joelsabi
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
here are the COAs

joelsabi
07-18-2009, 01:31 PM
On the Upperdeck, the emroidered signature is misspelled Alex RodriQuez
On the Pepsi, the embrodered signature has a dot at the end of the signature. (its kinda hard to tell on small photos so I would always ask for a blowup of that area from a seller) On small photos, the "z" and the dot blend in.

3arod13
07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't touch a Game Used Alex Rodriguez Glove unless I was at a game, witnessed him using it, and he handed it to me after he came off the infield.

joelsabi
07-29-2009, 08:10 PM
One of these Pepsi model gloves is now up for bid on Ebay.

Nice seller sent me a copy of the Lampson COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1-Alex-Rodriguez-Game-Used-Fielders-Glove-Auto-JSA_W0QQitemZ320398800048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item4a9941b4b0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A4|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

Item: Game Used Alex Rodriguez glove on Ebay
Glove has a Lampson Certificate for game use and JSA for the autograph.
Must have been bought by a seller to resell and was bought here:
Vintage Authentics
Auction Ended June 4 2009
Lot 110. Alex Rodriguez Game Used & Autographed Glove $1,708.80

It’s my opinion this glove is one of the many Pepsi Promotional Gloves from when ARod was in Seattle.

I am confused why it was authenticated by Lampson as game used in the first place.

fyi, the seller was able to get a refund from Vintage Authentics. According to the seller Vintage Authentics was very cooperative in his request for a refund.

joelsabi
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Right now there is a pepsi promotional glove that was put up for a 7 day auction on ebay. It has been listed periodically with no takers, but perfect conditions arose for someone to bid on this pepsi glove.

Three gloves available at the same time.

1) a real game used glove for $25K
2) a obvious replica with the Q from UDA listed at around $1K
3) a pepsi model with a starting bid of $500 and a buy it now price of $5K.

The real game used glove makes the pepsi glove look like a bargain and a good alternative to a game used glove.
The UDA glove makes the pepsi glove look authentic and a bargain and makes the seller seem to know what he is talking about.

The problem is that the Pepsi glove is described as game issued.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-GLOVE-YANKEES-REAL-DEAL-AROD_W0QQitemZ120486150873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM _Fan_Shop?hash=item1c0d88c2d9