PDA

View Full Version : 4 ALS patch

Yamils
07-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Hello all,

Yesterday (July 4th) all teams wore a "4 ALS" patch on their chest. The ALS Association is a non-profit organization who fight against ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis).

Does anyone know if the jerseys with this patch will be auctioned?

Thanks.

LastingsMilledge85
07-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I doubt it they looked like cheap iron-on patches. Didn't you notice some patches feel off? Jamie Moyer lost his after a few pitches, Chien-Ming Wang and John Lannan I don't even think had a patch. And I'm sure they are going to just take the stickers off the helmets, Shane Victorino didn't even have one. IMO I hated the patch.

nyjetsfan14
07-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I doubt it they looked like cheap iron-on patches. Didn't you notice some patches feel off? Jamie Moyer lost his after a few pitches, Chien-Ming Wang and John Lannan I don't even think had a patch. And I'm sure they are going to just take the stickers off the helmets, Shane Victorino didn't even have one. IMO I hated the patch.

I noticed that in the Halos game last nite. All the patches on both the Angels and O's were coming off in the very first inning. What a lousy effort by somebody! Too bad because I thought the patches were cool looking and it is a great cause.

Lokee
07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
The only difference on the jersey's was the patch so iam sure the patches will be stripped off each jersey and the jersey's will live to be used another day.

tcfor3
07-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I was at the Athletics and Indians game today at Progressive Field and talked to both the home and visiting bat boys and they told me that they took the ALS patches off the Indians and Athletics jerseys after the game on Saturday night and threw the patches away.

So, unless someone grabbed a jersey before this was done, or someone took that patches out of the trash to reattach to a jersey, the possibility of any of the jerseys from this game with the patches remaining on them is very unlikely.

Other teams may have done something different with these jerseys.

I was able to get some of the ALS stickers from both teams that were used on the helmets before they were tossed in the garbage.