PDA

View Full Version : OT: My Son Performed the National Anthem

ironmanfan
07-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Last Tuesday, for the 2nd year in a row, my 18 year old son performed the National Anthem (saxophone solo) prior to the AAA contest between the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Norfolk Tides (the fact that they were playing an Orioles affiliate was no coincidence; we requested that date)...

He also always does the final game at the Cal Ripken World Series (Aberdeen, MD) in August if any members plan on being there...

Happy 4th to all !

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/DSC00946.jpg

cordovacollector
07-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Now that is one cool son every mom or dad could be proud of ... right down to those shoes! I'm sure you are proud of his talent ... and I am proud he is willing to take time to play the National Anthem ... proudest song of all.

Tell him thank you and to come play before a Twins game in MN. Auditions are held at Twins Fest every winter! (Inside, so he won't freeze his lips to a sax ... or a flag pole!)

ironmanfan
07-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Somewhat of a follow-up my prior post of a week ago, due to the Scranton/W-B Yankees not being able to play at their home park (PNC Park), their "home" series vs. the LV IronPigs was moved south to Allentown. Since the game wasn't scheduled at Coca Cola Park, they asked my son to perform the National Anthem again..Since the Yankees were the home team and took the field first, prior to my son playing the Anthem, Yankee catcher Francisco Cervalli, approached my son, shook his hand and wished him the best..My son mentioned to him that we saw him play in Baltimore earlier in the season catching Pettite, he thanked him and told him to now show him "what him what he had."

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/DSC00962.jpg

pjbmd
07-11-2009, 01:01 PM
i was in attendance and your son played a fantastic version of the national anthem
he seems real talented
pjb

ironmanfan
07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
i was in attendance and your son played a fantastic version of the national anthem
he seems real talented
pjb

Thanks PJB!

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
That is very cool and to have that type of talent is amazing. Congrats to your son and your family!!!

brianborsch
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
That is very cool!

ironmanfan
07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys...His goal (or perhaps it's my goal...lol) is that he gets to perform someday @ Camden Yards.

allstarsplus
07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys...His goal (or perhaps it's my goal...lol) is that he gets to perform someday @ Camden Yards.

I can get him an audition with the Nationals. My buddy Tom is in charge of gameday entertainment.

Email me if you want to get in touch with him.