PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Favre Helmet??

skinsfan0521
07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I just came across this on eBay and I know that I've seen other items for sale by this seller that seem to be legit. He is always saying that there is no provenance that says that the item was game used, so he's selling it as Game Issued... Just wondering what the NFL helmet experts on here think about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Favre-Super-Bowl-31-GAME-ISSUED-WORN-Helmet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a4 Q7c39Q3a1Q7c293Q3a10Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em14QQhashZitem20ac5a0b78QQitemZ140330535800QQ ptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

UGA-1
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi Brian,
I'm no expert on Packer items, but the "G" decals look way off to me. Even if a "backup" did exist, I would hope they would apply the decals more carefully. I'm sure some others will chime in to help you on this.

Take care

mvandor
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Lambeau Leeper II is my first reaction. Almost certainly no more than a customized knockoff.

skinsfan0521
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
uga-1 - I was thinking the same thing about the decals. They just looked like they weren't in the right spot, but I don't really know anything at all about Packers helmets.

mvandor - I'm not sure what you mean by "Lambeau Leaper II"? Was that a seller of fakes or something like that? A former member here or on eBay or something?

Thanks!

-Brian

mvandor
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
uga-1 - I was thinking the same thing about the decals. They just looked like they weren't in the right spot, but I don't really know anything at all about Packers helmets.

mvandor - I'm not sure what you mean by "Lambeau Leaper II"? Was that a seller of fakes or something like that? A former member here or on eBay or something?

Thanks!

-Brian

LL is an ebayer that puts together some very good replicas of HOF NFL players, but then sells them misleadingly for big bucks with that EXACT line: "selling as game issued because I have no proof XXX wore it."

nickacs
07-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Nice dice for me.. If you look at the left/right pics of the helmet this numbnut posted himself, the decals don't even line up! :rolleyes:
The left side decal is way too forward than the right, or vice versa. I'm no GB helmet expert, but just seeing all the pics and not knowing a darn thing tells me scam from a mile away!

TriplexXxSports
07-05-2009, 06:41 AM
The RIGHT side 'G' decal is misplaced as stated above.

The location of the 'Pete' decal in relation to the rear bumper is off.

The 'Farve' name badge in the eBay helmet is not consistent with his gamer (I would think that the EQ, or team, would place the name badge in the same location for both helmets, assuming that there was 2).

If you are going to mock up a helmet and sell it as 'issued', a little more attention to detail would go along way. I found this in 5 minutes......

I would stay away from this one.......just my 2 cents.

TriplexXxSports
07-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Not to mention that the facemask on the eBay treasure is smaller......

suicide_squeeze
07-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Not to mention that the facemask on the eBay treasure is smaller......

The whole thing is a total joke.

Good visual Trip X.......nice job.

helmets
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
This listing is indeed LL.

The helmet is not close. Favre wore a WD1, this is a brand new VSR4. This means that the interior padding system is incorrect as is the rear bumper guard of the helmet. Favre wore leather jawpads. These are brand new Vinyl. Favre wore a Vinyl Guard - thin coated mask, this one is a brand new Armor Guard Elite coated mask. Favre's mask was held on with Riddell clips on the sides - this helmet has brand new Schutt clips. The chinstrap is wrong, the inside identifier is wrong, and the warning label on the rear of the helmet is the wrong size, shape, and font.

Other than that, it is a nice helmet from our Leeper friend...