PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Corner?

perlman9
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Has anyone dealt with them? I was thinking of getting a few non sports related items, just wondering if anyone has feedback about them

mvandor
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Has anyone dealt with them? I was thinking of getting a few non sports related items, just wondering if anyone has feedback about them

Boy you must really live with your head in the sand. Use the search feature and enjoy the reading.

russyurk
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
If it is anything where authenticity is in question STAY AWAY. In all fairness I purchased a jersey display case about a year ago, got a good price and it was a smooth transaction. Knowing what I know now however, I boycott them out of principle.

sox83cubs84
07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
:eek: BEWARE!!!

Dave M.
Chicago area

Mr.3000
07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Boy you must really live with your head in the sand. Use the search feature and enjoy the reading.

The time you took to type your unecessary and unwarranted sacarstic remark....you could have posted an actual helpful reply.

Food for thought.

To the OP.....avoid Coach's Corner. More trouble than they are worth.

mvandor
07-03-2009, 08:48 AM
The time you took to type your unecessary and unwarranted sacarstic remark....you could have posted an actual helpful reply.

Food for thought.

To the OP.....avoid Coach's Corner. More trouble than they are worth.

Sorry, I don't support laziness. Search features are built into boards for a reason and there are plenty of posts on that company on this board.

Not to mention how any serious collector could not have already heard of Coach's Corner is a bit tough to fathom.

Coddle if that's your thing, it isn't mine.

Mr.3000
07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I don't support laziness. Search features are built into boards for a reason and there are plenty of posts on that company on this board.

Not to mention how any serious collector could not have already heard of Coach's Corner is a bit tough to fathom.

Very easy to see why I've heard the things about you that I have.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Enjoy the weekend.

earlywynnfan
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Sure, perlman could've done a search, but many many others have started with a post like this. How do you know perlman is a serious collector? Why would you assume??

Let me ask you this, mvandor: How long have you been collecting? What are your first memories in the hobby? What if you wanted to start collecting, and somone told you about a great site where people share and help each other out. You subscribe to one of the only magazines out there for this type of collecting, and you see some ads with items you can actually afford. So you go on this great site and ask about this auction company, thinking you're making a really smart move, and immediately someone calls you out as an ignorant SOB and treats you like a child. What do you think of our hobby now?? Do you ever come back?

Someday very soon you are going to ask a question about something you don't know. I hope you are answered with a bitchslap, because, you know, nobody should coddle you.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

perlman9
07-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I thank everyone for their comments and as far as searching, I did do just that. But seeing how I was not buying a sports related item, I thought this post a little different in nature. Buying a game-used/worn item is different than a musician autograph and the like, so was looking for more responses than the game used or sports memorabilia ones I read. Again, I appreciate everyone's input and will definitely beware!

Vintagedeputy
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
This place just gets funnier with each passing day!

mvandor
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Very easy to see why I've heard the things about you that I have.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Enjoy the weekend.

Gee, I'm famous, who woulda known?

mvandor
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Sure, perlman could've done a search, but many many others have started with a post like this. How do you know perlman is a serious collector? Why would you assume??

Because he's been a member here for over two years, longer than some of you giving me crap.

I'm always happy to assist another when I sense they really need it, but I have a pet peeve about people taking the short route instead of searching, just burdening others on the board instead. If that doesn't bother you, great.

Threads on here would indicate CC is a notorious seller of forged items. Why anyone would presume that this business approach would be limited to solely their sports signed items, I dunno, but I would think anyone would steer clear of any signed items from CC lacking in reputable 3rd party authentication. And maybe even then.