PDA

View Full Version : "Game worn" reaches new low

skipcarayislegend
07-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't know why these idiots continue to surprise me. Wonder what "game" Babs was playing when she "wore" this.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=161125

mbenga28
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
perhaps she wore this while performing the national anthem.

rj_lucas
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Is it just me, or does silk and wool seem like an odd combination?

Anyway, looks like the shills are out in force because the last time I checked this baby was all the way up to $17.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

godwulf
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Is it just me, or does silk and wool seem like an odd combination?

Anyway, looks like the shills are out in force because the last time I checked this baby was all the way up to $17.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Actually, I believe it says "silk and wood"...which, of course, makes far more sense.

If it actually does come with a COA of some kind, it might very well be legitimate...the mystery, of course, is why it appears on a website (presumably) devoted to auctioning off sports memorabilia.

Reminds me of all those eBay auctions I see every day, in the game-used Baseball memorabilia section, for crap that isn't sports-related in any conceivable way, let alone having anything to do with Baseball. Maybe whoever is listing the Babs item normally lists sports stuff, and they just figured, what the Hell, toss this in there, too.

rj_lucas
07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
[quote=godwulf;149851]Actually, I believe it says "silk and wood"...quote]

Right you are. Darn it, I should have read that listing more carefully before putting in my bid :o

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com