PDA

View Full Version : Game Use on a NFL Jersey

hockeytigers
06-30-2009, 05:49 PM
I just received one of my jerseys from the latest Steiner auction. The jersey has a dark stain on one of the sleeves along with pilling in the same area. I have taken a couple of pictures, but it is hard to see. The jersey is supposed to be a game issued...what do you guys think? What happens when guys play on turf...do the black rubber pellets stain the jersey? Does the turf cause the material on the shoulders to pill up? Thanks!!

P.S. I received 2 other game issued jerseys from the same auction and they look brand new.

skinsfan0521
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
From what I understand a lot of the game issued jerseys (for any team really) could have been game used jerseys from the previous year (or earlier in that year).

Obviously that isn't the case all the time, but some game used jerseys can be recycled as game issued jerseys later in the season or the next season.

Hope that helps

-Brian

short84
06-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Looks like a used jersey to me. Most of my game used jerseys and pants look used with dirt stains etc. I know this sounds gross but did you give it the sniff test? My game used jerseys smell game used! SusieQ

hockeytigers
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Can anyone submit a picture of a jersey that was used on turf that might have similar marks and pilling?