PDA

View Full Version : Supposed 103 Name Steroid List Leaked!!!

suave1477
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
This is the Rumored List of the names!!

This is not confirmed.

1.Nomar Garciaparra
2.Manny Ramirez
3.Johnny Damon
4.Trot Nixon
5.David Ortiz
6.Shea Hillenbrand
7.Derek Lowe
8.Pedro Martinez
9.Brian Roberts
10.Jay Gibbons
11.Melvin Mora
12.Jerry Hairston
13.Jason Giambi
14.Alfonso Soriano
15.Raul Mondesi
16. Aaron Boone
17.Andy Pettitte
18.Jose Contreras
19.Roger Clemens
20.Carlos Delgado
21.Vernon Wells
22.Frank Catalanotto
23.Kenny Rogers
24.Magglio Ordonez
25.Sandy Alomar
26.Bartolo Colon
27.Brent Abernathy
28.Jose Lima
29.Milton Bradley
30.Casey Blake
31.Danys Baez
32.Craig Monroe
33.Dmitri Young
34.Alex Sanchez
35.Eric Chavez
36.Miguel Tejada
37.Eric Byrnes
38.Jose Guillen
39.Keith Foulke
40.Ricardo Rincon
41.Bret Boone
42.Mike Cameron
43.Randy Winn
44.Ryan Franklin
45.Freddy Garcia
46.Rafael Soriano
47.Scott Spiezio
48.Troy Glaus
49.Francisco Rodriguez
50.Ben Weber
51.Alex Rodriguez
52.Juan Gonzalez
53.Rafael Palmeiro
54.Carl Everett
55.Javy Lopez
56.Gary Sheffield
57.Mike Hampton
58.Ivan Rodriguez
59.Derrek Lee
60.Bobby Abreu
61.Terry Adams
62.Fernando Tatis
63.Livan Hernandez
64.Hector Almonte
65.Tony Armas
66.Dan Smith
67.Roberto Alomar
68.Cliff Floyd
69.Roger Cedeno
70.Jeromy Burnitz
71.Moises Alou
72.Sammy Sosa
73.Corey Patterson
74.Carlos Zambrano
75.Mark Prior
76.Kerry Wood
77.Matt Clement
78.Antonio Alfonseca
79.Juan Cruz
80.Aramis Ramirez
81.Craig Wilson
82.Kris Benson
83.Richie Sexson
84.Geoff Jenkins
85.Valerio de los Santos
86.Benito Santiago
87.Rich Aurilia
88.Barry Bonds
89.Andres Galarraga
90.Jason Schmidt
91.Felix Rodriguez
92.Jason Christiansen
93.Matt Herges
94.Paul Lo Duca
95.Shawn Green
96.Oliver Perez
97.Adrian Beltre
98.Eric Gagne
99.Guillermo Mota
100.Luis Gonzalez
101.Todd Helton
102.Ryan Klesko
103.Gary Matthews

sportscentury
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
If the list is not confirmed, why spread the rumor? What is the rush to drag these players' names through the mud?

Eric
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Is there a link to some article? Or is this something you "heard." I'm confused...

suave1477
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Eric this is a list proposed on Rotoworld and actually it's all over the web you can google it.

CampWest
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Eric this is a list proposed on Rotoworld and actually it's all over the web you can google it.

that statement confused me... is this *their/Rotoworld's* list or a supposedly true list?

bigtruck260
06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
At any rate, I'm relieved that Albert's name is not on it.

Does Rotoword have the MJ autopsy results Jason?:D (you know I'm kidding dude)

Eric
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM

I can't find the story. Can you post a link from rotoworld?

kingjammy24
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I can't find the story. Can you post a link from rotoworld?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=138280

congrats to "rotoworld" for scooping si, espn, and every major paper in the country. apparently no other news outlet is devoting any time or space to this "leaked list".

rudy.

cordovacollector
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
I need more proof that a post off some other forum. Is this list different than the early list that came out?

TFig27
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
That list was posted before the Mitchell Report came out.

cordovacollector
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Was the list that came out before the Mitchell Report reliable?

stretch
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
So, is anyone going to rush to Ebay, and other areas to move some of your game used items from these players?

sportscentury
06-30-2009, 07:36 PM
So, is anyone going to rush to Ebay, and other areas to move some of your game used items from these players?

The day I allow irresponsible rumor spreading to dictate what I buy and sell is the day I leave the hobby.

suave1477
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
The day I allow irresponsible rumor spreading to dictate what I buy and sell is the day I leave the hobby.

Sportscentury yes because we know you would never spread a rumor with out backing it up or confronting the person.

stretch
06-30-2009, 07:42 PM

Fair.

However, if there is any truth to this list (once confirmed), do you plan on rushing to sell some of your items due to the news?

sportscentury
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Sportscentury yes because we know you would never spread a rumor with out backing it up or confronting the person.

Jason, you are a complete fraud. I have confronted you time and time again about your B.S. You want me to email you privately to get it out of the public sphere. Well, too bad. If you really want me to refresh your fragile recollection about the fake ARod jersey, here it is:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/archive/index.php/t-3642.html

But the fake ARod jersey is just the tip of the iceberg with you. You have an endless history of irresponsible posts with bad information here at GUF.

33bird
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow. I bet it's legit. It'll eventually be in every paper once confirmed. Papi and some of those guys no surprise. But Pedro and Todd helton? Glad my boy Jeff kent was clean. The dirty list just makes it easier for guys like Kent to get in the HOF quick.

mdube16
06-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Livan Hernandez? Nahhhhhhhhh.

suave1477
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Jason, you are a complete fraud. I have confronted you time and time again about your B.S. You want me to email you privately to get it out of the public sphere. Well, too bad. If you really want me to refresh your fragile recollection about the fake ARod jersey, here it is:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/archive/index.php/t-3642.html

But the fake ARod jersey is just the tip of the iceberg with you. You have an endless history of irresponsible posts with bad information here at GUF.

I appreciate Reid for further proving my point.

So you call me a fraud because of one item I made a mistake on the description of by saying it was Steiner authenticated.

Not even that if the Jersey itself was real but because of who authenticated it.

And you been holding a grudge with me for 3 years about this???? lmaoooo I am sorry man I got to laugh at you. That is hysterical!!

Now you want to call me a fraud because of something I amde a mistake on.

Well I am glad you are perfect Sportscentury I am sure we all wish we could be like you and I can appreciate your entertainment. I wish I had that much spare time to worry about a thread from 3 years ago lol lol

I am sure you never ever made a mistake in your life and yes if I made one or 2 mistakes or 10. We are all human and belong to this forum to learn and educate ourselves and one another.

Why don't you try benefiting the forum by educating instead of pointing fingers.

Or is that the best you can do???

earlywynnfan
06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Suave, I don't care beans about yours and Reid's little spat, but I have to say, on this particular thread, YOU took the first shot.

MODS: Isn't a post like this: "Sportscentury yes because we know you would never spread a rumor with out backing it up or confronting the person" the definition of baiting??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

suave1477
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Earlywynn in all honesty the first shot was actually at me. It seems lately Sportscentury likes to take a quick shot into my threads for some reason.

Read between the lines, he has done this about 3 or 4 times in the past 2 weeks

Sportscentury
"The day I allow irresponsible rumor spreading to dictate what I buy and sell is the day I leave the hobby."

suave1477
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Earlywynn here is part of Sportscentury's other post.

Sound familiar to the qoute I just posted????

Sportscentury
"You have an endless history of irresponsible posts with bad information here at GUF."

mr.miracle
06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
This is the Rumored List of the names!!

This is not confirmed.

1.Nomar Garciaparra
2.Manny Ramirez
3.Johnny Damon
4.Trot Nixon
5.David Ortiz
6.Shea Hillenbrand
7.Derek Lowe
8.Pedro Martinez
9.Brian Roberts
10.Jay Gibbons
11.Melvin Mora
12.Jerry Hairston
13.Jason Giambi
14.Alfonso Soriano
15.Raul Mondesi
16. Aaron Boone
17.Andy Pettitte
18.Jose Contreras
19.Roger Clemens
20.Carlos Delgado
21.Vernon Wells
22.Frank Catalanotto
23.Kenny Rogers
24.Magglio Ordonez
25.Sandy Alomar
26.Bartolo Colon
27.Brent Abernathy
28.Jose Lima
29.Milton Bradley
30.Casey Blake
31.Danys Baez
32.Craig Monroe
33.Dmitri Young
34.Alex Sanchez
35.Eric Chavez
36.Miguel Tejada
37.Eric Byrnes
38.Jose Guillen
39.Keith Foulke
40.Ricardo Rincon
41.Bret Boone
42.Mike Cameron
43.Randy Winn
44.Ryan Franklin
45.Freddy Garcia
46.Rafael Soriano
47.Scott Spiezio
48.Troy Glaus
49.Francisco Rodriguez
50.Ben Weber
51.Alex Rodriguez
52.Juan Gonzalez
53.Rafael Palmeiro
54.Carl Everett
55.Javy Lopez
56.Gary Sheffield
57.Mike Hampton
58.Ivan Rodriguez
59.Derrek Lee
60.Bobby Abreu
61.Terry Adams
62.Fernando Tatis
63.Livan Hernandez
64.Hector Almonte
65.Tony Armas
66.Dan Smith
67.Roberto Alomar
68.Cliff Floyd
69.Roger Cedeno
70.Jeromy Burnitz
71.Moises Alou
72.Sammy Sosa
73.Corey Patterson
74.Carlos Zambrano
75.Mark Prior
76.Kerry Wood
77.Matt Clement
78.Antonio Alfonseca
79.Juan Cruz
80.Aramis Ramirez
81.Craig Wilson
82.Kris Benson
83.Richie Sexson
84.Geoff Jenkins
85.Valerio de los Santos
86.Benito Santiago
87.Rich Aurilia
88.Barry Bonds
89.Andres Galarraga
90.Jason Schmidt
91.Felix Rodriguez
92.Jason Christiansen
93.Matt Herges
94.Paul Lo Duca
95.Shawn Green
96.Oliver Perez
97.Adrian Beltre
98.Eric Gagne
99.Guillermo Mota
100.Luis Gonzalez
101.Todd Helton
102.Ryan Klesko
103.Gary Matthews

Although this is of course pure speculation at this point, if this list is accurate and Palmeiro is on the list, I wonder what the legal ramifications would be should Congress desire to pursue this issue and how it might affect him legally. The list was never supposed to be made public so I am not sure from a legal standpoint what would happen assuming that it is or would be fully confirmed at some point, but since Palmeiro vehemently denied under oath that he ever used steroids, I wonder if this would be enough should they decide to pursue this for the House Oversite committee to pursue Contempt of Congress charges against Raffy for lying under oath. My understanding is that when Raffy testified in March of 2005, he had not yet failed the now famous drug test so technically, he could have been telling the truth that he had never to that point taken steroids or at least there was no way to conclusively prove that he had lied and previously taken them.

Whatever the case, it is time for this sad mess to end and it just seems like it never will. That being said, if these names are going to come out, I would rather see them all come out at one time instead of one leaking every six months for the next ten years and this story playing out time and time again. It is just old and tiresome and won't go away.

earlywynnfan
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Earlywynn in all honesty the first shot was actually at me. It seems lately Sportscentury likes to take a quick shot into my threads for some reason.

Sportscentury
"The day I allow irresponsible rumor spreading to dictate what I buy and sell is the day I leave the hobby."

I don't feel the need to read between the lines here, this quote directly pertains to the post Stretch made just before. As for the second quote, that came AFTER you called Reid out directly. Now, I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just saying this as someone who is extremely tired of all the bickering here. It's been quiet without Joel, let's try to keep it that way.

Ken

suave1477
06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't feel the need to read between the lines here, this quote directly pertains to the post Stretch made just before. As for the second quote, that came AFTER you called Reid out directly. Now, I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just saying this as someone who is extremely tired of all the bickering here. It's been quiet without Joel, let's try to keep it that way.

Ken

Earlywynn your right and point well taken. I apologize to you if I made you feel uncomfortable. All I ask is please understand my side.
Thank you and enjoy the forum.

sportscentury
06-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Jason, I bite my tongue regarding most of your posts (which is saying quite a bit given how many of your nearly 3500 posts are questionable). But some of your posts are not easily ignored.

I don't hold a grudge regarding the ARod jersey, but it disappoints me that you still refuse to take responsibility for your selling behavior. In the last thread about this, you insisted that I must have you confused with someone else. Umm, nice try. I hope some poor collector didn't buy that thing.

If you are upset by my posts, you can just contact the moderators to have them removed, as you have with several of my other posts from the past two weeks. I must give you credit - you are quick!

suave1477
06-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Jason, I bite my tongue regarding most of your posts (which is saying quite a bit given how many of your nearly 3500 posts are questionable). But some of your posts are not easily ignored.

I don't hold a grudge regarding the ARod jersey, but it disappoints me that you still refuse to take responsibility for your selling behavior. In the last thread about this, you insisted that I must have you confused with someone else. Umm, nice try. I hope some poor collector didn't buy that thing.

If you are upset by my posts, you can just contact the moderators to have them removed, as you have with several of my other posts from the past two weeks. I must give you credit - you are quick!

Earlywynn see what I mean?

We all know sportscentury you ran to the moderators. But that is best leave those posts behind as they are not helpful to the forum. We are glad they you do not hold a grudge and this topic among you brining it up last week never happend and we are all imagining it lol lol
Refuse for my selling behavior I haven't listed anything on this forum for sale in (Estimated time) 6 months. Because by the Mods I was deemed a dealer. Which is fine. I thought you did have me confused with someone else. I don't have that much time to worry about a thread on a site from 3 years ago!!!

Texans
06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I hope this list is real. Its time for baseball to move on. I dont want a name leak out every couple of months. Just put out the names and get it over with

Jojo

Mr.3000
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Suave, I don't care beans about yours and Reid's little spat, but I have to say, on this particular thread, YOU took the first shot.

MODS: Isn't a post like this: "Sportscentury yes because we know you would never spread a rumor with out backing it up or confronting the person" the definition of baiting??

Ken

I agree with you 100%. Doubtful he'll receive anything but a warning (if that) for it.

This little "feud" these two have going has to stop. It's annoying as hell to the rest of us, not to mention extremely juvenile. I could care less who tarted what or who accused whom of this or that. Both of you should man up and take the higher road. PERIOD.

emann
06-30-2009, 09:48 PM
http://deadspin.com/5304675/why-the-new-alleged-steroids-list-is-a-crock

The link title says it all.

sportscentury
06-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree with you 100%. Doubtful he'll receive anything but a warning (if that) for it.

This little "feud" these two have going has to stop. It's annoying as hell to the rest of us, not to mention extremely juvenile. I could care less who tarted what or who accused whom of this or that. Both of you should man up and take the higher road. PERIOD.

Jay and Ken - you have my word that I will not call out any more B.S. posts, threads, or userids. Based on the emails I've received, it seems that there are several GUFers who very much appreciate it (ironically, some of the recent emails were from you, Jay), but I understand that you are not among them. This is all a terrific reminder of why I took such a long break from GUF. I'm sorry to have upset you.

Mr.3000
06-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Jay and Ken - you have my word that I will not call out any more B.S. posts, threads, or userids. Based on the emails I've received, it seems that there are several GUFers who very much appreciate it (ironically, some of the recent emails were from you, Jay), but I understand that you are not among them. This is all a terrific reminder of why I took such a long break from GUF. I'm sorry to have upset you.

Please do not get a bug up your butt over my post. You know you and I correspond in email and get along quite well. We agree on MANY things.

However, this public back and forth between you two is beyond old. It's past the "beating a dead horse" stage. Enough is enough.

That said, I certainly appreciate when honest members call out thieves, liars and the likes. Outing a thief and constantly bickering with someone over the same subject to include personal attacks is a totally different thing.

godwulf
06-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Grain of salt, my ass...I'm not buying this so-called list for a second. Far too many All-Stars and big names, for one thing...are we supposed to believe that no scrubs, third-stringers and wannabes were using those drugs in 2003? The whole thing just reads hinky.

cohibasmoker
07-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Grain of salt, my ass...I'm not buying this so-called list for a second. Far too many All-Stars and big names, for one thing...are we supposed to believe that no scrubs, third-stringers and wannabes were using those drugs in 2003? The whole thing just reads hinky.

Let's suppose the list does exist - just who may or may not be on the list is a moot point. My question is, how about some names that aren't on the list? You know, the guys responsible for the cover-up?

1) Commissioner of Baseball;
2) MLB Union President; and,
3) Media Members that won't follow the story.

Steroids are ILLEGAL. Can you imagine a list of 103 or so people in an urban setting selling illegal drugs? The local and State police as well as the FBI would conduct a major investigation that in all probability, would result in raids and the arrest of most if not all of the people on the list. The persons arrested would be subjected to jail time and forfeiture of personal property.

So, why isn't this happening with MLB?

Jim

3arod13
07-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Don't think it ends with just 103 players. I'm sure there are many more who weren't detected during the testing back then.

What a sad era for baseball.

On another note, I also will say I don't post as much as in the past due to the individual verbal battles. Plus, even when you post, you have to wonder when someone is going to pounce on and pick you post apart.

Agree to disagree. And for those who have a problem admitting when their wrong...a little egg on the face easily washes off.

Regards, Tony

earlywynnfan
07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Please do not get a bug up your butt over my post. You know you and I correspond in email and get along quite well. We agree on MANY things.

However, this public back and forth between you two is beyond old. It's past the "beating a dead horse" stage. Enough is enough.

That said, I certainly appreciate when honest members call out thieves, liars and the likes. Outing a thief and constantly bickering with someone over the same subject to include personal attacks is a totally different thing.

Exactly what I wanted to say, Reid. "Pouty Child" does not suit you. If you see garbage, let us know. But let it go after a while, please. Didn't you used to get sick and tired of hearing Joel and Howard go at it? You're doing the same thing, waiting for Suave to post and jumping on him, just like Joel used to do. You've made missteps, too, but would it really be relevant today to rehash them repeatedly??

Ken

Gocong57
07-01-2009, 08:22 AM

Or someone simply picked out the well-known names, many who already have clouds over their heads, to produce a media sexier list.

I agree, lack of common-Joe's/Jose's makes this list highly suspect.

godwulf
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Steroids are ILLEGAL. Can you imagine a list of 103 or so people in an urban setting selling illegal drugs? The local and State police as well as the FBI would conduct a major investigation that in all probability, would result in raids and the arrest of most if not all of the people on the list. The persons arrested would be subjected to jail time and forfeiture of personal property.

Unless I misunderstood somewhere along the line, this is supposed to be a list of guys who tested positive for a PED - not guys who sold them.

In my job, I see people testing positive for illegal drugs, including methamphetamine and cocaine, every day of the week, and the only penalties they face involve possibly losing visitation time with their kids...because they're drug testing in connection with Family Court cases. They can't be arrested for possession, or being under the influence after the fact, because the law just isn't written that way.

Same with these guys - the active players could certainly be sanctioned by MLB (unless there's an agreement in place with the union that they won't be, and I think I heard something about that being the case here) but the law can't really touch them. Especially not six years later, but probably not even at the time of the testing.

rj_lucas
07-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Steroids are ILLEGAL.

Steroids per se (including anabolic steroids) are not illegal to possess or use and are available without a prescription in many countries.

If you've seen a doctor for a nasal infection, or any one of a large number of illnesses, you were likely prescribed a steroid.

There's a completely separate matter of what constituted a banned substance, and when, according to MLB policy. But this is an issue between the Player's Union and MLB and not for law enforcement.

I'm not defending, just clarifying. The situation is bad enough without painting these players as criminals.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

suicide_squeeze
07-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Steroids per se (including anabolic steroids) are not illegal to possess or use and are available without a prescription in many countries.

If you've seen a doctor for a nasal infection, or any one of a large number of illnesses, you were likely prescribed a steroid.

There's a completely separate matter of what constituted a banned substance, and when, according to MLB policy. But this is an issue between the Player's Union and MLB and not for law enforcement.

I'm not defending, just clarifying. The situation is bad enough without painting these players as criminals.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Rick,

With all due respect, you are somewhat incorrect.....

In OUR country, where MLB is played primarily, the use of steroids is prohibited by law.....PERIOD.....unless prescribed by a licensed medical professional for an ailment or other medically overseen and approved issue.

The baseball players that are using them have pretty much entirely been breaking the LAW while doing so. In the cases where they were possibly prescribed a medication that contained steroids, they were taking them knowing they weren't against MLB rules, but no doubt masking the real use and reason for taking them the majority of the time.

That all changed officially in 2005.

cohibasmoker is correct in his post.....there should be a lot of investigations going on, for each and every individual who tests positive after the deadline was set. And the investigation, if found included wrongdoing, should contain jail/prison time for the doctors who are wrongfully supplying these types of drugs to the cheating players.

The "list" of players that ended up on it did so because in large part

suicide_squeeze
07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
oops.....got cut off...

"did so in large part".......because they were doing something against the law.

godwulf
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
There is literally a world of difference, legally, between being caught with a syringe or bottle of an illegal substance in your possession, and (allegedly) testing positive for that substance on a urine test - especially six years later.

suicide_squeeze
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
There is literally a world of difference, legally, between being caught with a syringe or bottle of an illegal substance in your possession, and (allegedly) testing positive for that substance on a urine test - especially six years later.

godwolf......excuse me for wanting to be sure so I don't misread you, but are you saying "Just throw out the statute of limitations card so the cheaters can once again find a loophole to slide safely into second base?"

All that matters, in my opinion, is that if your name is one of the 104 (why do they refer to it as 103???.....it's 104!).....then you are guilty in the "court of public opinion". And that's all that matters.....the rest is all legal mumbo-jumbo to distract and misdirect lessor souls who can't think on their feet from the truth.

Let's be clear about one thing. There are records, and they are made of numbers. There has been a recent (last 15-20 years or so) attack, obliteration if you will, on the record books. This is the most cherished aspect of baseball.....to compare current athletic stars to the forefathers in the sport that set the standards, numbers to chase, establishling the benchmarks of greatness.

If they aren't playing on a level playing field, then what good are the new fabricated (chemically morphised blown up fictional) numbers?? They become meaningless in comparison, hence, the outrage over this era.

THAT'S what this whole steroid issue is about. NO ONE has any respect for the cheaters who have cheated the greatest game ever conceived.....and insulting the historic players who did it the right way.... on God given ability alone.......and maybe a beer or two with a hotdog chaser.

bushwickbill
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
if real....Clemens is a bigger dumb ass then I thought.

David
07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
As far as prescription drugs, like steroids go, the legality hinges on whether or not the user has a valid prescription. Also, by US law steroids can't be prescribed for athletic performances purposes.

godwulf
07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
godwolf......excuse me for wanting to be sure so I don't misread you, but are you saying "Just throw out the statute of limitations card so the cheaters can once again find a loophole to slide safely into second base?"

All that matters, in my opinion, is that if your name is one of the 104 (why do they refer to it as 103???.....it's 104!).....then you are guilty in the "court of public opinion". And that's all that matters.....the rest is all legal mumbo-jumbo to distract and misdirect lessor souls who can't think on their feet from the truth.

Let's be clear about one thing. There are records, and they are made of numbers. There has been a recent (last 15-20 years or so) attack, obliteration if you will, on the record books. This is the most cherished aspect of baseball.....to compare current athletic stars to the forefathers in the sport that set the standards, numbers to chase, establishling the benchmarks of greatness.

If they aren't playing on a level playing field, then what good are the new fabricated (chemically morphised blown up fictional) numbers?? They become meaningless in comparison, hence, the outrage over this era.

THAT'S what this whole steroid issue is about. NO ONE has any respect for the cheaters who have cheated the greatest game ever conceived.....and insulting the historic players who did it the right way.... on God given ability alone.......and maybe a beer or two with a hotdog chaser.

I was addressing one thing and one thing only, in my post: the idea, expressed by another poster, that the individuals on this list, should it turn out to be legitimate, would, as the law is currently written, be subject to criminal prosecution.

I was not addressing whether or not they should be kicked out of organized Baseball, made to forfeit their pensions, have all of their records expunged, see their names stricken from the Book of Life, or anything else.

Please don't assume that, because I happen to have pointed out that prosecuting someone criminally for testing positive on a drug test six years ago is never going to happen, and that there is no basis in the law for even attempting to do so, that I am pro-steroids, don't care about the sanctity of the record book, and carry Barry Bonds' picture in my wallet.