PDA

View Full Version : Move over Steelers!

NEFAN
06-30-2009, 05:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=250454880672&viewitem=&salenotsupported

This guy claims the Patriots won 6 Superbowls before 2000! I asked for more pictures of this "one of only two balls" and as expected, no response. Welcome to eBay.

jobathenut
06-30-2009, 05:57 AM
That's why i don't buy or sell on garagesale bay anymore.It's become a joke.I mean sellers like this have always been on there.But the fact that ebay does'nt police it but they say they are.And now with thier greed they are making you pay and sell using the only way being using the company they own.I have emailed them many times to explain to me how that's not a monopoly.But surprise i have not heard back from them.Anyway,i apologize for going off topic there.But i see things like this and i just go off on my ebay sucks rant.To this football,i think it's funny as me and my brother have a running joke.When we see items like this and especially when they are asking alot for it ,we guess how many feedbacks the sellers has and it's always few or in this case none.And again surprise,this seller has no feedbacks.I mean look at that price.Just trying to see if a complete moran will buy thier item i guess.I mean just using logic,does that look like a football used in the 60's.I did'nt realize they have had that logo since way back then.And of course the fact that they did'nt win 6 super bowls.I mean you say the football list's them.Then how is it possible to miss the fact they have'nt won six of them.What did the seller miscount on thier logo football they probelry just bought at thier local sporting good store.Man,this is beyond a joke,it's not even funny,it's sad.:(

princip
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
That's why i don't buy or sell on garagesale bay anymore.It's become a joke.I mean sellers like this have always been on there.But the fact that ebay does'nt police it but they say they are.And now with thier greed they are making you pay and sell using the only way being using the company they own.I have emailed them many times to explain to me how that's not a monopoly.But surprise i have not heard back from them.Anyway,i apologize for going off topic there.But i see things like this and i just go off on my ebay sucks rant..................

Serious question here. What's the other option, buying from a big auction house where people believe every word of an LOA signed by a supposed expert? Thus, competing against people who know jack shit, yet, have money that they don't know what to do with?

As far as this football goes, yea, I see auctions like this all of the time. Yet, I just laugh and move on. If some poor uninformed person falls for it and ends up buying it for $400, well, so be it. Put some time into researching the item before you buy. It's the buyers fault, in my opinion. Such is the world of ebay. If you know what you're looking for, proper research etc, ebay(love it or hate it) can still be a goldmine.

Just for the record, yes, I have had some problems with ebay in the past, mainly from sellers shill bidding & closing auctions early. Yet, what can I do? Yes, in some respects it is a monoply, however, back to my original question what are my other options in getting true vintage gear at an affordable price?

jobathenut
07-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I have no idea what your point is on this? And what this has to do with what i posted.It sounds like you have a problem with what i wrote but i have no idea what:confused: .
Serious question here. What's the other option, buying from a big auction house where people believe every word of an LOA signed by a supposed expert? Thus, competing against people who know jack shit, yet, have money that they don't know what to do with?

As far as this football goes, yea, I see auctions like this all of the time. Yet, I just laugh and move on. If some poor uninformed person falls for it and ends up buying it for $400, well, so be it. Put some time into researching the item before you buy. It's the buyers fault, in my opinion. Such is the world of ebay. If you know what you're looking for, proper research etc, ebay(love it or hate it) can still be a goldmine.

Just for the record, yes, I have had some problems with ebay in the past, mainly from sellers shill bidding & closing auctions early. Yet, what can I do? Yes, in some respects it is a monoply, however, back to my original question what are my other options in getting true vintage gear at an affordable price?

princip
07-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I have no idea what your point is on this? And what this has to do with what i posted.It sounds like you have a problem with what i wrote but i have no idea what:confused: .

Well, I don't have a clue how you didn't get my point? You state, the hell with ebay, and how you don't use ebay anymore(list your reasons). Thus, I ask what's the better alternative?

jobathenut
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Man,do you work for them or have stock in them or something? I did'nt mean to offend you and precious ebay.What's the alternative? Well let me think,what is a good alternative to ebay? how about a garage sale.The one and main problem i have with ebay is the fact that they changed the way to do buisness on there.Hey,don't get me wrong,i loved ebay when they were true to thier word and were hands off and let everything be handled between the buyer and seller.But then now they control how the buyer and seller can do buisness on there.I loved it when you could sell accepting money order,but they took that away and took me away from being a fan of it.You have obviously a problem with auction house and i let you have you thoughts about that.But for some reason you felt a need to respond to my thoughts about ebay.And i guess that was the whole i don't understand the point of your post on here.:(
Well, I don't have a clue how you didn't get my point? You state, the hell with ebay, and how you don't use ebay anymore(list your reasons). Thus, I ask what's the better alternative?

NEFAN
07-03-2009, 07:45 AM
WOW, another thread goes off course!!!

princip
07-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Man,do you work for them or have stock in them or something? I did'nt mean to offend you and precious ebay.What's the alternative? Well let me think,what is a good alternative to ebay? how about a garage sale.The one and main problem i have with ebay is the fact that they changed the way to do buisness on there.Hey,don't get me wrong,i loved ebay when they were true to thier word and were hands off and let everything be handled between the buyer and seller.But then now they control how the buyer and seller can do buisness on there.I loved it when you could sell accepting money order,but they took that away and took me away from being a fan of it.You have obviously a problem with auction house and i let you have you thoughts about that.But for some reason you felt a need to respond to my thoughts about ebay.And i guess that was the whole i don't understand the point of your post on here.:(

Jobathenut, this was not an attack on you, if anything, I was venting my frustrations on the fact that there aren't any better alternatives than ebay. Garage sale.....???.......uhhhhhhhh......ok. :cool: We're stuck with ebay and it's bogus auctions like this Pat's football, seller & buyer policies, Paypal.... etc., until we find a better option.

I did not intend to take this thread off course, and even used this bogus Pat's football auction as an example of what I do and probably every buyer should do when they come across it, laugh and move on. Report it to ebay, please, they set their entire market for sellers to rely on their customers to know their items legitimacy, or, if there is reason to be skeptical. No bullshit COAs......LOAs.......at the ebay front office to verify these seller claims. The whole moto for ebay should be; You win some, you lose some, so, know your stuff.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off in my rant. That was not my intention.

jobathenut
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
How did this thread go off course.It didnt really go anywhere to begin with other the joke the football was.And we gave our thoughts of it and ebay.To me that was right on topic.As the starting of the thread did'nt really ask a question or anything.It just stated the football that was on ebay.Sorry i have to disagree with you as i think we are right on course on this........And princip-I did'nt take your post as a attack on me it just seemed you were getting really defensive about me complaining about ebay.Like you did'nt see how unfair it is that they dictate how you do buinsess on there.All i know there is a saying,"if it's not broken don't fix it".Well ebay should take that advice as all the cahnges they have done were not nessacary for them to make on there.And the paypal was just pure and simple-"GREED".:)
WOW, another thread goes off course!!!