PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Farve Is A Viking

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 05:56 AM
According to a sources from WCCO in Minneapolis, Brett Favre has reached a contractual agreement with the Minnesota Vikings that will become official on July 3rd. This package includes a 1 year agreement with HEAVY incentives (wonder what those are?) The Vikings equipment manager has all ready ordered ole #4's jerseys and is preparing him a locker at the Metro Dome.

Who didn't see this coming.....

Neely8
06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry but this guy has become a joke in my book if this is true. Don't friggin retire TWICE now if you intend to keep coming back to play. After he plays for the Vikings and retires AGAIN who's he going to play for next??

TriplexXxSports
06-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I think that it is obvious he no longer plays for the love of the game. Retiring twice in 2 years, and coming back to play, I feel, is a desperate attempt to try to regain any type of dignity he had before this all began.

As a broke down QB, just coming off of surgery, I cannot see this upcoming season being a good one for the Vi-Queens. But then again, he has Adrian Peterson to cover for his stats. Or lack there of. This will be interesting.

sox83cubs84
06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Who the **** CARES?? Favre is now the biggest diva in the NFL...his ego has gotten to the point that he's starting to make Chad Ochocinco and T.O. look humble!:eek:

Dave M.
Chicago area

Mauer7
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Note To Bears Fans - Red Rover, Red Rover, Your Season Is Over!! :D

Tay1038
06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Coming from a Vikes.. This is a great move. Who cares if he's washed up and just stinks this year - to see ALL the loyal Favre/Packers fans watching him in Purple & Gold ... priceless ha!

helmets
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't wait for Clay Matthews to come from the blind side and knock his head off, then BJ Raji can land on him...

suicide_squeeze
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Listen to all the haters?

Why the lambasting of Favre? I just don't get it?

If all of you that HATE Brett so badly really mean what you are spewing out in venomous words.....then you don't know your football.

Brett, if healthy, makes ANY team instantly a contender. And if the team already has a good nucleus.....he may be the difference in getting to the Bowl.

None of us know if he will be healthy when the season starts.....but if I own an NFL club, I'd take the chance if Favre was saying he wanted to play for my team. He always had a strong (strong) arm, always makes the game exciting, and always gives his fans the feeling that no matter what the score is, if he's on the field, your team has a chance. Yes, he has gotten a little wreckless in his later years and brought the gunslinging to a whole new level.....but don't you get your money's worth with him? If he throws a late interception and his team loses the game, that's just the way it goes. At least he was out there TRYING to do something spectacular for his club. How can you HATE a guy for wanting it so badly???

I really look forward to seeing him in the horns. And I will be glued to the set when the Vikings play those games against the Packers. In this screwed up world we're presently having to reside in, this will be entertaining as hell to watch, and a nice break from the monotonous daily bad news on every channel.

Go Favre!!!

markize
06-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Listen to all the haters?

Why the lambasting of Favre? I just don't get it?

If all of you that HATE Brett so badly really mean what you are spewing out in venomous words.....then you don't know your football.

Brett, if healthy, makes ANY team instantly a contender. And if the team already has a good nucleus.....he may be the difference in getting to the Bowl.

None of us know if he will be healthy when the season starts.....but if I own an NFL club, I'd take the chance if Favre was saying he wanted to play for my team. He always had a strong (strong) arm, always makes the game exciting, and always gives his fans the feeling that no matter what the score is, if he's on the field, your team has a chance. Yes, he has gotten a little wreckless in his later years and brought the gunslinging to a whole new level.....but don't you get your money's worth with him? If he throws a late interception and his team loses the game, that's just the way it goes. At least he was out there TRYING to do something spectacular for his club. How can you HATE a guy for wanting it so badly???

I really look forward to seeing him in the horns. And I will be glued to the set when the Vikings play those games against the Packers. In this screwed up world we're presently having to reside in, this will be entertaining as hell to watch, and a nice break from the monotonous daily bad news on every channel.

Go Favre!!!

Steve,

when you said Farve might be the difference in the vikes getting to the bowl, were you talking toilet :p? I'm not sure he made the Jets that much better last season. He had a chance to go out on top with dignity, and might have been well served to do so. I'm not a hater either, well maybe the Eagles since I live in PA, and am a Skins fan (ok I said it so let the beatings begin)! I just dont see disrupting the good nucleus of players for a one time shot at an SB. Keep what you have, and just get better. They have AP, and were successful last year-don't gamble team chemistry.

Mark

3arod13
06-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm a Viking fan. My concern is, if Favre is coming back with the intent to only stick it to the Packers, knowing that he can't give the Vikings what they need at quarterback, then he needs to stay retired and not jepordize the Vikings season.
I'm excited to have him leading the Vikes at quarterdeck, but I just don't know if he really has it anymore, like the Vikings and Vikings fans are hoping.

We've always needed that quarterback to get us over the top. Not sure if Favre really can do it now.

Regards, Tony

dcgreg25
06-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Tony (3arod13) can you shoot me an email at gregguy@hotmail.com? I have a quick question for you. Thanks!

suicide_squeeze
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Steve,

when you said Farve might be the difference in the vikes getting to the bowl, were you talking toilet :p? I'm not sure he made the Jets that much better last season. He had a chance to go out on top with dignity, and might have been well served to do so. I'm not a hater either, well maybe the Eagles since I live in PA, and am a Skins fan (ok I said it so let the beatings begin)! I just dont see disrupting the good nucleus of players for a one time shot at an SB. Keep what you have, and just get better. They have AP, and were successful last year-don't gamble team chemistry.

Mark

Mark,

I thought the same thing.

So what that tells me is the Vikes aren't planning on keeping the quarterback they had last year. Because how does he get over a slap in the face like this?

I just assumed that to be a given. So if that is the mindset of the organization, then taking Favre is a minute risk.

In regards to his last few games with the Jets, please remember....he was playing hurt (shoulder/biceps tendon) so he gutted it out and did the best he could. But a healthy Favre is a dangerous situation for any opposing team. Even at his age.

Later Redskinsfan:)

suicide_squeeze
06-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm a Viking fan. My concern is, if Favre is coming back with the intent to only stick it to the Packers, knowing that he can't give the Vikings what they need at quarterback, then he needs to stay retired and not jepordize the Vikings season.
I'm excited to have him leading the Vikes at quarterdeck, but I just don't know if he really has it anymore, like the Vikings and Vikings fans are hoping.

We've always needed that quarterback to get us over the top. Not sure if Favre really can do it now.

Regards, Tony

Have faith Tony.......he CAN.

I truly believe if he hadn't gotten hurt with a handful of games left in the season, the Jets may have been playing the Steelers for a Super Bowl appearance last year. It could've been fun. Here's to hoping this year will be.

I really don't believe Brett wants to come back just to stick it to the Packers.....that doesn't seem to be his personality type. I really believe this guy thinks he can still win it all with the right supporting cast. The Vikings have it. And most importantly, he would be operating an offensive system he is completely familiar with. Unlike what he had to learn in New York.

My regards to you and your family,

Steve

Capital-Sports
06-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I didn't read any of the replies to this thread, and probably wont. Who cares if he comes back? Maybe its HIS love for the game that makes him want to just get out there and play! Obviously he doesn't care what you think, and is going to do what he wants.

If he wants to retire, come back to the Jets, then do it again with the Vikings, he has all the right to do so. Do I care that he did it? NOPE. It didn't change the way I live my life day to day, and it shouldn't change yours!

Theres more to worry and complain about in life than sports..........

lisicki
06-28-2009, 05:32 AM
As a Jets fan, I want to chime in here. The way I see it, if Favre just wanted to play football as he is saying, he could have done so with the Jets. He could have had the surgery on his arm (which he said he did not want when he "retired") and came back for a 2nd year in NY. The Jets were not pushing him out the door...they wanted him back for one more run.

Once the Jets released him and the Vikings contacted him to play, he knew he could now play for the team he originally wanted to last season but now with no restrictions. He wanted to play for the Vikings last year so that he could whip the Packers twice....

Now he has that opportunity....so I do not believe the only reason he is coming back because he wants to play football....he wants to stick it to the Packers......

mr.miracle
06-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Obviously, the reason that everyone is so sick and tired of hearing about this whole story, is the fact that this nonsense has gone on and on now to one degree or another for what five to seven years now. For what about five seasons in Green Bay every offseason Farve played out his annual song and dance routine where he might retire or might come back and on and on it went. Month after month, year after year. After the Packers finally had enough of this stupidity and called Farve on this, he got pissed in my opinion thinking he had earned the right to keep holding this team hostage year after year and should have the right to do what he wants when he wants. Two retirements later in the last two years and one probably two unretirements later here we are up to date.

I understand from hearing Favre if he could just show up on day one of the season and let it rip he would love to do so. He keeps saying it is all the anciliary stuff, the practice, conditioning, watching film, etc that he is tired of doing. Well, who wouldn't prefer to play that way if that was in fact possible but to play the game at the highest level in any sport you have to prepare, practice, watch film, work out, etc. I think for any athlete, they have to balance and weigh out the pluses and minuses of the fact that they have a very limited window of opportunity to do what they do at the very highest level. One would think that Favre and athletes like him would truely try to maximize their time in the sun so to speak because that window will close quickly. At the end of the day, I have always liked Favre but I think the last five to seven years have really made him look like a diva who cares more about himself in every way than about the team and winning. It has been all about him nothing more nothing less. This even includes him taking time to analyze the roster so to speak. If the team wasn't trying to get him a title then he was not going to return.

Everyone is just tired of this annual soap opera. Farve does what is good for Farve and in my opinion this entire process is ruining his legacy.

David
06-28-2009, 11:17 AM
I was raised a Packers fan in Wisconsin, but about half my relatives are Vikings fans right across the border in Minnesota (My dad's a third generation Minneapolis native), so I'm sure more than a few of my relatives are happy about him being a Viking.