PDA

View Full Version : more questionable pujols bats...

justinlm24
06-25-2009, 06:32 PM
The marucci just looks off to me. Something about it looks odd.....maybe it's just me. I am not familiar with knob stamping on marucci, so I can't speak on that......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200355955246&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&salenotsupported

I'm personally tired of seeing these rawlings big sticks trying to be passed off as pujols gamers....and the 5 on the knob is just absurd. looks like a 5 year old wrote it......laughable
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200355951196&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&salenotsupported

slambam
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm interested to see what other say, I saw these a few days ago, and was curious, but didn't really think they looked bad. The seller sells a lot of Cardinals stuff, and there are a lot of Cards fans on here...

justinlm24
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
The marucci shows no pine tar, and i have searched through hundreds of images of him using marucci bats, all that show light tar. and something about that model number looks "off".....

the rawlings, well i have yet to find a picture of him using one in 01 or 02. I have heard that he did use them, but some photo evidence would be helpful. and still that 5 on the knob looks weird IMO......

bigtruck260
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I am trying to find images - but for some reason I think I have seen the Rawlings before...maybe advertised as a Polanco Pujols- Jeff might remember it. The knob looks like it could have been messed with...but I can't be sure.

Anyway, the seller has had an interesting eBay tenure to say the least.
He used to be known as the guy with the WORST BAT FORGERY EVER

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=9339&highlight=josh+weaver

bigtruck260
06-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Can't see the pics at work - here is a thread about a Pujols/Polanco bat.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=17030&page=2&highlight=polanco+pujols+bat

justinlm24
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM
This is the same exact bat.....so why no mention of the psa/dna letter? I knew that 5 on the knob looked ridiculous....musta been alot of work to get all the black marker off try and pass this as a different bat....I would contact e-bay, but its too late now. They certainly wouldn't end it within the next 8 hours. I feel sorry for whoever purchases this bat......

justinlm24
06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
as far as the marucci.....what does the 4 and 3 stampings mean? obviously the 5 is alberts number.....what about the 4 and the 3??

Birdbats
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Dave, helluva catch! You should forward all the evidence to the Missouri Attorney General's office, or at least to this guy's local police department. Contacting eBay will do no good -- if it did, this guy would have been banned long ago.

On the Marucci, the date is stamped at the top... then the uniform number... then the length and weight. 4 3 5 means 34", 33.5 ounces -- which is about 1.5 to 2 ounces heavier than Albert's preferred bat.

justinlm24
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
yes very good catch dave....makes it worse that someone will end up paying $500 or so for this fake.

Jeff...thanks for the info on the marucci. I always wondered how to decode all those numbers....now I know. Thanks!!!!

bigtruck260
06-26-2009, 01:21 PM
The seller lives in Lebanon, MO...and if I have time, I will contact the PD there...

But honestly guys, at this point the GU hobby is getting shadier than the autograph hobby because the merch. makes so much more money. People should do research before spending $500 on a bat unless they know what they are doing.

Rawlings bats have been discussed many times with Albert - buy at your own risk. Same with Mizuno and other off-brand bats. Really - if you don't at least do a Google search and review Jeff's site (or email him) then you are doing yourself a great disservice.

The seller in most cases is almost as much to blame for patronizing these frauds...(the sound of Dave giving the PEACE sign as he steps down from the soapbox)...

I know that my buddy Joe in Springfield is laughing at this whole thread. We email each other every time this clown puts something up for auction. even the legit stuff is usually sold with a misleading description.

cigarman44
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Ahh yes...Dave's BS detector never fails me...

This guy is a work of art!