PDA

View Full Version : My Hour and a Half with Albie Pearson

Rob L
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Awesome night. Met one of the true Angels legends tonite. Albie Pearson was one of the original Los Angeles Angels (back in the 1960s) and was the shortest centerfielder in MLB history. I heard he was going to do the Rex Hudler radio show at Throwbacks, a bar near the Big A. I took his bat and hat with me. I met Albie and his wife right before the show and he signed the hat (sorry, I know some people hat the brim signature but I like it) and bat. He was surprised to see his GU stuff still around. While Rex was interviewing him, Rex asked about the uniforms they wore. Albie mentioned that his hat was out there so I took up both the hat and bat. Rex was stoked and held the bat through a couple of segments. Albie's got some great stories and fortunately I remembered one about Ted Williams and Albie and mentioned it to Hud during a break. He told the story and everybody loved it. Rex was most appreciative after the show for getting him the story and the gear which I left with them through the show. Albie was really "tickled" to see his gear, swinging the bat quite a bit and posing for others with it. All and all, a cool night.

dcrules01
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Cool story you seemed to make his day thanks for sharing..:cool: