PDA

View Full Version : Yankees sign autographs for charity during spring training

murfsteve25
06-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Anybody know what im talking about? I cant remember the specifics, but i remember reading bout how the team was at some convention center in Tampa signing for a few hundred bucks. Apparently this is an annual event? Anybody ever attend these?? If so how was it?

markize
06-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Steve,

I think you're talking about the "Yankees luncheon". It benefits the boys and girls club of Tampa I think. It is pricey. From what I remember, it's $250 for the cheapest ticket, and got way up from there. At the different sponsorship levels (the upper levels), you get to sit with a player during the speaking. At the end, there is an autograph session, but I believe it doesn't last all too long. I have never personally attended, so maybe someone who was there could be of more help. I think if you try to get Jeter, you will have very little time for anyone else.

Mark

murfsteve25
06-23-2009, 06:12 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the response. After i made this post, i did a little more searching on Google and your right it was the boys & girls club. It was held on March 24th i believe. The colum i was reading also said that the event was held in 2008 too. That blows that the auto session doesnt last very long. I'm really hoping to hear from someone who has attended!

Eurostar09
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I went in 08. Feel free e-mail me any questions you might have. Joked around with Alex when it was my turn to go up to the table. Had a great time but very expensive. $1,000.00 per ticket in 08. $1,200.00 this past year.

eurostar09@Yahoo.com