PDA

View Full Version : Clubs that have had the same style uniforms the longest

RJB44
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Fair to say the Yankees are the only team that has basically kept the same style (although baggier) uniform over the last 30 years, (home and away). If were using the the 30 year mark, I would say the next team would be the Tigers, although this only applies to their home jersey. The Dodgers would be next, but even their home white has had changes over the years. Many teams have reverted back to pre-seventies styles, but also have experimented with different designs over the years. Perhaps the Cardinals are up there too, but this would be their post knit era.

RJB44
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Red Sox have pretty much had the same home white since 1979.

sox83cubs84
06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Fair to say the Yankees are the only team that has basically kept the same style (although baggier) uniform over the last 30 years, (home and away). If were using the the 30 year mark, I would say the next team would be the Tigers, although this only applies to their home jersey. The Dodgers would be next, but even their home white has had changes over the years. Many teams have reverted back to pre-seventies styles, but also have experimented with different designs over the years. Perhaps the Cardinals are up there too, but this would be their post knit era.

The standard Tigers home knit with NOB has been used since late in the era of flannels (1970). The Cardinals home style hasn't changed much in that time, but, unlike the Yanks and Tigers, they wore pullovers at home from 1971-1990. The basic Red Sox home has been a fixture since 1979.

Dave M.
Chicago area

momen55
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
the white sox haven't changed either for 20 years. these uniforms are boring.

karamaxjoe
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM

I'd say the White Sox finally got it right after years of wild uniforms.

sox83cubs84
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM

On the road greys and black alternates, any changes have been minor. They didn't add NOBs to the home whites until 1997, and they experimented with real and faux vests beginning in 1999. I agree with Karamax Joe, though, that after decades of hit (1971-75) or miss (1982-86 and 1987-90), the Chisox have got a winner.

Dave M.
Chicago area

joelsabi
06-23-2009, 06:52 PM
just curious. i like the black jersey. when was the last time they were used. have the black sox jerseys ever been used in TBTC games?

sox83cubs84
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
just curious. i like the black jersey. when was the last time they were used. have the black sox jerseys ever been used in TBTC games?

The black alternates have been worn since 1991, both at home and on the road. In addition, beginning in 2007, the Sox began wearing cool base black gamers in all spring training games. They wore the black BP jersey prior to tha since the early 1990s.

Dave M.
Chicago area

dnrapp
06-24-2009, 12:59 AM

The Dodgers home has been pretty much the same since they moved to LA is '58. Oakland's home white and road gray has been the same since '87(even thought they have added a green and black alt jerseys over the years)

bigtime59
06-24-2009, 08:02 AM
In addition to several tweaks to the sleeve patch, the A's have changed their road script (and NOB format) since '87.
The Orioles, who were remarkably stable (despite an inability to settle on a number font) from 1973-1998 have been very tweaky since. To give a complete listing of all the minor changes they've made since 1989 (especially 1995 on) would require its own thread...not merely a post.

xpress34
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM
This link will take you to the National Baseball Hall of Fame Site and their 'Dressed to Nines' section which is a database of every Uniform worn since 1900.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/database.htm

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Also, since their Inaugural Year in 1993, the Rockies have had the same Home White jersey except for the addition of the Player # on the front from 2000 forward.

Also in 2000, they finally went to a traditional style Road jersey that said Colorado on the front - prior to that, ALL Rockies Jerseys (Home, Road and Alt) said Rockies - kind of like the Rangers with Texas on all of their jerseys this year.

The Rockies have added and subtracted various ALT jerseys over the years, but so far, the Home White is still the same.

- Chris