PDA

View Full Version : PUJOLS - Ebay bat!!!!

shoremen44
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Dont buy this one!!!... even with the Team LOA... which by the way states that Albert probably used the bat...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250448939707&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Pujols did use a Aramis Ramirez MAX bat on 6-22-06...

but take a look at the pictures below... first is the ebay listing... then the photo's from Getty... getty.. not blacked out on the barrell and the knob markings are totally different

unless Pujols had a bag of Ramirez bats laying around... the one on ebay was NOT used by Albert

Rboitano
06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing about this bat, nice photo as well.

Rboitano
06-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe it was used by Jose Vizcaino who I think wore 13 in 2006.

Birdbats
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I tried to find my e-mail correspondence regarding this bat, but have been unsuccessful. I went back to my records from August 2006 and here's what my notes say about Max Bats with this finish:

8/22: "Three silver marks on knob, can't read."
8/23: "Model 24 or C4, name/team blacked out?"
8/24: "Large 5 on knob, silver in cup; same bat?"
8/25: "Large 5 on knob, silver in cup; same bat?"
8/26: No observation recorded
8/29: "Large 5 on knob"

That's all I have recorded for his 22 plate appearances with Max Bat that season. I clearly didn't see him using a bat with 13 on the knob.

I recall seeing a Max Bat on sale at the Stadium that was a Ramirez model -- his name was, indeed, blacked out, but the bat had a 5 on the knob, not a 13.

The information I provided the seller was accurate in terms of Pujols using a Ramirez model, and at least one of those bats had Ramirez's name blacked out. But to suggest that the bat for sale is "THE" bat is misleading -- Bert's photo proves that. I think this is a case of using solid evidence to draw a faulty conclusion. Pujols did use Ramirez bats, this bat has a LOA from the team, etc. But, the bat can't be matched to the HR game.

shoremen44
06-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Jeff,
I must say, you never fail to amaze me with your knowledge of Pujols and cards bats...

now if we can only get you to start watching every other team, you could be a one man authenticating team...lol

rj_lucas
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
now if we can only get you to start watching every other team, you could be a one man authenticating team...lol

I think we'd have to clone Jeff to pull that off. It's practically a full time job as it is just running down the bogus Cards stuff.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

bigtruck260
06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I thought I had seen something like this one before....check it out fellas:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11584&highlight=pujols+aramis+ramirez

rj_lucas
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I thought I had seen something like this one before....check it out fellas:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11584&highlight=pujols+aramis+ramirez

Good memory!

Gotta love that language:

"it is assumed by the clubhouse attendants that this bat was used by Albert Pujols"

You know what they say about assuming...

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Birdbats
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Nice find, Dave! I wonder if this is the same bat...

Glad to see I qualified my comments in the other post to say it was reasonable to assume it could be the bat Pujols used, but that it was impossible to say with certainty (as the current eBay item description does). I feel better now.

I sent the seller an e-mail last night explaining that his is not the bat used to hit the home runs and asking him to edit the description. He has not yet replied or changed the description.

shoremen44
06-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Sold.... $1600

Birdbats
06-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I received this e-mail from the seller yesterday:

"I just read your message and already accepted an offer from a buyer. I will email him and let him know the of this email and get his thoughts. Thanks for the information. I assumed in the limited at bats that this was that bat with the Cardinals LOA and all."

shoremen44
06-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Jeff,
I actually emailed the seller as well... and sent him the picture showing Pujols using another bat...

I sent it to him BEFORE the listing ended

bigtruck260
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Jeff,
I actually emailed the seller as well... and sent him the picture showing Pujols using another bat...

I sent it to him BEFORE the listing ended

Guys -

I have seen some strange things happening with Pujols bats lately. Not just this one - but there were some black Old Hickory models and Mizuno bats selling for $600+ - I don't ever recall him using either in a game.

With the economy still down, spending $1600 on a bat that can't be directly linked to Albert's use - ESPECIALLY with Aramis Ramirez's name and team blacked out...is crazy to me. But, to each his own I guess.

Kinda shows the premium that a team LOA can grab - regardless of what it actually says.