PDA

View Full Version : Will Steiner confirm authentication numbers go with an item if you call them?

Number9
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
If there'a a Steiner item with a Steiner sticker and the authentication number on it, BUT the LOA is missing/has been lost etc, can you call Steiner and give them the number and ask them to confirm that number goes with the item? For example check to confirm that number should be on a Rivera jersey or this number should be on a Beltran bat, for example.

Will they check the sticker number if you call them? Who do you ask for? I don't see anywhere on their site to type in numbers and see what comes up, say like MLB has.

Mike

historydogs@yahoo.com

newyork2
06-21-2009, 02:16 PM
No, they do not have database with the numbers anywhere. The only thing you can do is send them the item and pay $50 and they will review it and issue a new LOA if they believe its legit.

jv225
06-21-2009, 05:13 PM
You can look it up yourself on their website. You just have to register and be signed it then there is a place on the left that says hologram lookup. I'll warn you now though if it's a recent item it probably isn't in their database yet. I have 3 or 4 things I purchased directly from them a couple months ago and they still don't show up.

Number9
06-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks very much. I found it, but have typed in many numbers just as tests, from stuff bought from them awhile ago, allot longer than a few months ago, and none show up. I will give them a call Monday and see what's up.

Thanks for the help though. If it was working right that was exactly what I needed.

Number9
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
You guys both were right. Steiner does have a hologram lookup on their site but it doesn't work at all and I called them today and they say there is no way to check hologram numbers except with the corresponding letter (which is lost on the item I am trying to check on). They don't have the hologram numbers recorded anywhere at all.

I hope everyone that puts so much stock in 'Steiner authenticity' understands they have a system in place that has no way of being checked/confirmed. An item may have a hologram on it but without the letter you have no way of knowing if the item has been altered, a generic cap that has had someone's number added to it later, a game issue jersey that has had use added, a game issue bat that has had use added to it etc., etc.

Mike
historydogs@yahoo.com

emann
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
I hope everyone that puts so much stock in 'Steiner authenticity' understands they have a system in place that has no way of being checked/confirmed. An item may have a hologram on it but without the letter you have no way of knowing if the item has been altered, a generic cap that has had someone's number added to it later, a game issue jersey that has had use added, a game issue bat that has had use added to it etc., etc.[/EMAIL]

Add to that, I have more than one item that the Steiner LOA does not correctly describe. Example: a bat listed on the LOA as "broken in two"; the bat is clearly not broken in two (just cracked on the handle).

Honestly, for solid authenticity, I stick to MLB holos. In fact, I usually pull the Steiner holos off items I buy. I find the Steiner authentication slightly helpful only if you buy directly from Steiner...