PDA

View Full Version : Multiple GUU Accounts...Get Rid Of Them!

3arod13
06-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Multiple GUU Accounts...Get Rid Of Them!

Find a way to eliminate the same person making more than one GUU Account. There's no reason for it!!

cordovacollector
06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
They are as thick as thieves on here. :mad:

Dewey2007
06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Multiple GUU Accounts...Get Rid Of Them!

Find a way to eliminate the same person making more than one GUU Account. There's no reason for it!!

Sometimes there is a reason for it or at least in my case there was. I created a separate account (Dewey2009) at the suggestion of of one of the mods because I was having weird problems one time logging in with my original User ID. If Chris or whoever wants to remove that ID that would be OK by me.

cordovacollector
06-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I am only refering to the ones that are on here scamming, trying to hide by using multiple IDs and "post" to themselves as a cover, try to rip people off then reappear as a new ID and do it again, trying to hide by buddying up to veteran members, etc, etc....

There are some very legit reasons some multiple IDs were created and it would be nice if the Admins could delete those and clean the membership list up.

And it would be nice if the Admins pulled the IP address of each user, then it is easy to at least make a start at identifying real members with no hidden agenda.

It's gotten so I am afraid to make buys if it isn't someone I "know" on the forum. I've passed on items I would have bought a month ago.

But the "good guys" on here really out-weigh the lowlifes, and I am glad to have met so many new friends with a wealth of information that they are so willing to share!

sportscentury
06-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Just a note about the history of GUF. When those of us who were original GUF members needed to sign up for the GUU version of GUF (when GUU bought out GUF), we needed to sign up with a different userid. So, some of us have multiples for this reason. In my case, I signed up with the second userid of Sportscentury2 (or perhaps it was SportscenturyJR, I can't remember) so that the userids would be nearly identical. Also, I never made a single post with the second userid or used it for any other purpose. I bring this up, because it should not be assumed that someone with multiples is a scammer. He/she may have multiples for the benign reason I just explained. It probably would be best to delete all extra/secondary IDs, but I thought I'd add this information for newer members who may not know the history.

Happy Father's Day to all.

cordovacollector
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I bring this up, because it should not be assumed that someone with multiples is a scammer. He/she may have multiples for the benign reason I just explained. It probably would be best to delete all extra/secondary IDs, but I thought I'd add this information for newer members who may not know the history.

No need to explain again. We already understand that. As I posted above:

"There are some very legit reasons some multiple IDs were created and it would be nice if the Admins could delete those and clean the membership list up."

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 10:43 PM
i dont know if its feasible to block the adding of another userid if the same IP address is used of another user. i think some website block multiple accounts tho and should be looked into by admin.

what annoys me are two types. i dont know if other members see this pattern as well.

1) dealers who add another id to give a false positive recommendation for his company or to generate false interest in their product. my solution is to not deal with such dealer.

2) a person adds a new id to attack another member. it appears to validate that others share their views against the attacked member and shows some baiting in the form of a question. to me this new userid is cowardly. my solution is to not to answer their question. after all if they aren't able to man up under their original id why should i waste my time answering. i have no history with the new member to make me feel like i want to answer a question for that new person.

people that post this way need to find a new hobby because there are easier ways to feel better about oneself than posting in this forum. you are not fooling many and we see through your agenda from a mile away,

sportscentury
06-21-2009, 12:07 AM
No need to explain again. We already understand that. As I posted above:

"There are some very legit reasons some multiple IDs were created and it would be nice if the Admins could delete those and clean the membership list up."

Sorry to have wasted your time. Your earlier post really did provide great detail.