PDA

View Full Version : Show Your #1 Game Used Piece And Explain Why

3arod13
06-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Show Your #1 Game Used Piece And Explain Why

I just picked this up.

Item: 2008 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Signed Louisville Slugger C271L "Final Series At Yankee Stadium."

Reason: Bat was used during the last series at Yankee Stadium between the Baltimore Orioles and New York Yankees 19-21 September 2008. Bat show great used. Being used in the last series at Yankee Stadium makes this bat special to me.

Regards, Tony

TriplexXxSports
06-20-2009, 08:31 AM
2008 Urlacher Uniform. Why? The way it was obtained, the work involved in finding the 'perfect game' for show of use, and how long it took me to finally obtain my grail.

halzeus
06-20-2009, 09:00 AM
My favorite piece is this 1977 Walt Downing University of Michigan helmet with great game use. It's special because Walt was an All American center that season, it has Walt's signature, a signature from the late Bo Schembechler, and Robert photo matched it for me.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_Helmet_front.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=Helmet_front.jpg)http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_Helmet_left_side.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=Helmet_left_side.jpg) http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_Helmet_right_side.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=Helmet_right_side.jpg)http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/th_Helmet_back_right2.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/Michigan%20Wolverines/?action=view&current=Helmet_back_right2.jpg)

Yankeesfan09
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Not the greatest pics but my #1 piece is a JJ Redick 2007-08 Autographed Game Worn Jersey. Why? Redick is probably my all time favorite athlete next to Don Mattingly. I never thought I would be able to own an actual gamer of his. This will be locked away in my collection forever!

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/018.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/022.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/JoeTorreCollector/020.jpg

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Show Your #1 Game Used Piece And Explain Why

I just picked this up.

Item: 2008 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Signed Louisville Slugger C271L "Final Series At Yankee Stadium."

Reason: Bat was used during the last series at Yankee Stadium between the Baltimore Orioles and New York Yankees 19-21 September 2008. Bat show great used. Being used in the last series at Yankee Stadium makes this bat special to me.

Regards, Tony

Great bat Tony. That bat is pounded.

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
My favorite piece is this 1977 Walt Downing University of Michigan helmet with great game use. It's special because Walt was an All American center that season, it has Walt's signature, a signature from the late Bo Schembechler, and Robert photo matched it for me.

great helmet. what would be cool is knowing what walt downing had done to earn each of those stickers on that helmet. maybe you already know. if not i think it would be cool to write the player and ask him.

newyork2
06-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Love the Arod, what did he mess up of yours for you to get that?

3arod13
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Love the Arod, what did he mess up of yours for you to get that?

Nice try!

newyork2
06-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice try!

What do you mean?

3arod13
06-20-2009, 12:29 PM
What do you mean?

What do you mean? "what did he mess up of yours for you to get that?"

Why would you make a comment like that, vice nice purchase?

halzeus
06-20-2009, 12:37 PM
great helmet. what would be cool is knowing what walt downing had done to earn each of those stickers on that helmet. maybe you already know. if not i think it would be cool to write the player and ask him.

Thank you for the compliments. I also have a signed jersey of his. I did write an email to Walt Downing asking if I could get some more information about both the helmet and jersey. I haven't received a response yet.

I'll wait a while and write a letter and send by mail just to follow up.

I love looking at that helmet! Thanks again.

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the compliments. I also have a signed jersey of his. I did write an email to Walt Downing asking if I could get some more information about both the helmet and jersey. I haven't received a response yet.

I'll wait a while and write a letter and send by mail just to follow up.

I love looking at that helmet! Thanks again.

i just imagine if he was showing the helmet to someone he might just point at each sticker and tell you how he earned that specific sticker. knowing the chronology of the stickers would be cool.

newyork2
06-20-2009, 12:56 PM
What do you mean? "what did he mess up of yours for you to get that?"

Why would you make a comment like that, vice nice purchase?

He got the bat because Arod messed up something of his and I wanted to know what happened exactly.

3arod13
06-20-2009, 01:52 PM
He got the bat because Arod messed up something of his and I wanted to know what happened exactly.

Like I'm stupid and couldn't figure that out! Duh!

Here's how I got this bat, Mr. Einstein:

Alex Rodriguez Signed Game Used 2008 Louisville Slugger Bat Inscribed "Game Used 2008 Final Series at Yankee Stadium" (https://mvpmarketingmanagement.3dcartstores.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Signed-Game-Used-2008-Louisville-Slugger-Bat-Inscribed-quotGame-Used-2008-Final-Series-at-Yankee-Stadiumquot_p_177.html)

Rboitano
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM
So what happened with that 96 HR bat?

3arod13
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
So what happened with that 96 HR bat?

Hey newyork2, how are things going?

Rboitano
06-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I remember back when that 96 bat was your prized bat, then found out it was not what it was advertised to be. I hope you are not going to review the final series at Yankee Stadium to see if thats when the new prized bat was used. $6500 for that bat? WOW Thats about $5000 too much

3arod13
06-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I remember back when that 96 bat was your prized bat, then found out it was not what it was advertised to be. I hope you are not going to review the final series at Yankee Stadium to see if thats when the new prized bat was used. $6500 for that bat? WOW Thats about $5000 too much

Your knowledge, advice, and guidance is a gift to GUU, and very much appreciated.

Rboitano
06-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont have multiple accounts. Real name, real email.

3arod13
06-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont have multiple accounts. Real name, real email.

If you're a father...Happy Father's Day!

Rboitano
06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Im not, but Happy Fathers Day to you if you are.

newyork2
06-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Ha you think I am him, now everything makes sense. Now I also know what bat was messed up. Thanks

3arod13
06-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Im not, but Happy Fathers Day to you if you are.

I am. Thanks!

3arod13
06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Ha you think I am him, now everything makes sense. Now I also know what bat was messed up. Thanks

What are you talking about? Everyone already knows it wasn't a HR bat. Where do you live? Under a rock?

gamer35
06-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Tony, all due respect, but you came on here a few months ago and had people searching high and low for videos/photos to help find a match of your bat. However, when people inquire the outcome of your findings, you conveniently ignore those inquiries and just continue to ask about other A-Rod bats. You don't owe the people of the forum any explanation, but you not addressing those inquiries speaks volumes regarding the authenticity of the bat.

newyork2
06-20-2009, 03:47 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone already knows it wasn't a HR bat. Where do you live? Under a rock?

Sorry I didnt know any of that happened thats why I was asking. Did you pay anything for this bat or did you get it striaght up?

NEFAN
06-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Good idea for a thread, too bad it turned south in a hurry.

newyork2
06-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Good idea for a thread, too bad it turned south in a hurry.

Lol Agreed

3arod13
06-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Tony, all due respect, but you came on here a few months ago and had people searching high and low for videos/photos to help find a match of your bat. However, when people inquire the outcome of your findings, you conveniently ignore those inquiries and just continue to ask about other A-Rod bats. You don't owe the people of the forum any explanation, but you not addressing those inquiries speaks volumes regarding the authenticity of the bat.

The bat has already been proven not to be a HR bat. What else is there to know?

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 04:41 PM
1996 ARod 1st Grandslam Baseball

Why? I think it was the way I got it. I had to wheel and deal some of my ARod cards to acquire this piece at the Nationals. During the process, I was also able to buy some ARod SP rookies in one aisle and then flipped them two minutes later in the next row. It was lots of fun raising the money and then paying cash for it. That was a good day. I also got a Uncut sheet of the 1995 SP Holoview Inserts that day.

halzeus
06-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Lol Agreed

:confused: ny2, you started the derailment.

dcrules01
06-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Either my Joel Youngblood Gamer from 1978 or my 1980 Doug Flynn he won the gold glove that year.I would lean towards the Youngblood though it is hammered with stains...
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/grails003.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/grails004.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/flynn001-1.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/flynn002-1.jpg

kylehess10
06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
My #1 piece would probably be my Mark Kotsay game worn 2008 Braves home jersey. He wore this jersey while hitting for the cycle and collecting his 1,500th hit on the double which completed the cycle. Kotsay is only the 2nd player in Atlanta Braves history to hit for the cycle. This jersey is photomatched too

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gameused/Mark%20Kotsay%20Cycle%20Jersey.jpg

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gameused/kotsayjersey4.jpg

Loose stitch in the "A":

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gameused/kotsaymatch2.jpg

Loose stitch on the bottom right side of the patch:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gameused/kotsaymatch1.jpg

3arod13
06-20-2009, 05:59 PM

It's been proven the bat isn't a HR bat. Do you think that makes me feel good as an Arod collector? No!

There are people in the forum that are here for many reasons.

* Some are here to help and want to do the right thing for the hobby.
* Some are on here who are straight up haters, and specifically against specific players.

Some were in my corner, hoping all worked out well. When it didn't, they said they felt bad it didn't turn out well

Some were sitting back, waiting and hoping it wasn't good, so they can bash the heck out of Arod.

I've been a part of this forum to know who is who.

As a fan and collector, I'm sad it didn't work out. For those of you who hate Arod, and hoped nothing but negative would come out of this so you could bask in your hatred, get a life!

Regards, Tony

suicide_squeeze
06-20-2009, 06:32 PM
It's been proven the bat isn't a HR bat. Do you think that makes me feel good as an Arod collector? No!

There are people in the forum that are here for many reasons.

* Some are here to help and want to do the right thing for the hobby.
* Some are on here who are straight up haters, and specifically against specific players.

Some were in my corner, hoping all worked out well. When it didn't, they said they felt bad it didn't turn out well

Some were sitting back, waiting and hoping it wasn't good, so they can bash the heck out of Arod.

I've been a part of this forum to know who is who.

As a fan and collector, I'm sad it didn't work out. For those of you who hate Arod, and hoped nothing but negative would come out of this so you could bask in your hatred, get a life!

Regards, Tony

Tony,

I'm with you all the way.

I'm really sorry to hear about the bat. I hope you find a way to get some sort of a proper resolution to the fact it turned up bad. I will not ask you in the future if you were able to do that......just know I feel very badly for you. And not just because the bat is bad....but because of the fan-aspect of it all too.

Take care,

Steve

suicide_squeeze
06-20-2009, 06:47 PM

Why? I think it was the way I got it. I had to wheel and deal some of my ARod cards to acquire this piece at the Nationals. During the process, I was also able to buy some ARod SP rookies in one aisle and then flipped them two minutes later in the next row. It was lots of fun raising the money and then paying cash for it. That was a good day. I also got a Uncut sheet of the 1995 SP Holoview Inserts that day.

Joel,

I own his second career Grand Slam. When it was advertised (in Heritage's auction a few years back), they stated the first career Grand Slam of his was believed to be "lost to the ages". Wow, it's kind of cool to know it does exist and was kept track of.

I also own the jersey he was wearing when he hit the grand slam (2nd), and he notated the jersey with "Grand Slam" too.....it's really cool.

Steve

rj_lucas
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I've posted photos of this bat before, but it has to rank as my #1 so here it is again. Albert Pujols signed and dated rookie gamer, from ARF 2001 Baseball Stars to the Rescue auction. My winning bid was $1110 in case you're curious. Per H&B records, bat was shipped to Pujols between 8/22 and end of the season.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

3arod13
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Tony,

I'm with you all the way.

I'm really sorry to hear about the bat. I hope you find a way to get some sort of a proper resolution to the fact it turned up bad. I will not ask you in the future if you were able to do that......just know I feel very badly for you. And not just because the bat is bad....but because of the fan-aspect of it all too.

Take care,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks! At least someone understands and gets it!

Regards, Tony

joelsabi
06-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Joel,

I own his second career Grand Slam. When it was advertised (in Heritage's auction a few years back), they stated the first career Grand Slam of his was believed to be "lost to the ages". Wow, it's kind of cool to know it does exist and was kept track of.

I also own the jersey he was wearing when he hit the grand slam (2nd), and he notated the jersey with "Grand Slam" too.....it's really cool.

Steve

steve,

its great to know that the second grandslam ball has a good home.

i remember the writeup well and grinning. i thought for sure the third grandslam would go for more than the second writeup because it tied a grandslam in one season record. but that writeup gave more interested in the second grandslam baseball. how do you do your homework to verify that fact in the writeup?

scrambling to get the money for the baseball was exciting just because i oddly found myself unprepared at the nationals. i didn't expect to find something so spectacular that day and was just going to look for appleton stuff and clemente oddball stuff. luckily i brought a box of arod cards along and also did some creative wheeling and dealing at the show. its almost like racing against the clock.

good to hear steve. you know who owns the third slam from the 1996 season?

regards

joel

gingi79
06-20-2009, 08:23 PM
This one is easy. 1993/94 White Vancouver Canucks Pavel Bure. Greatest ever Canuck, best ever Canucks season, scored 60 goals and it has 3 nice sized repairs and a sleeve extention insert to help guard his wrist after he hurt it. And oh yeah, it's MeiGray Registered too :D Hoping Stu at MeiGray can photomatch it this year at the MeiGray Convention.

suicide_squeeze
06-20-2009, 10:41 PM
steve,

its great to know that the second grandslam ball has a good home.

i remember the writeup well and grinning. i thought for sure the third grandslam would go for more than the second writeup because it tied a grandslam in one season record. but that writeup gave more interested in the second grandslam baseball. how do you do your homework to verify that fact in the writeup?

scrambling to get the money for the baseball was exciting just because i oddly found myself unprepared at the nationals. i didn't expect to find something so spectacular that day and was just going to look for appleton stuff and clemente oddball stuff. luckily i brought a box of arod cards along and also did some creative wheeling and dealing at the show. its almost like racing against the clock.

good to hear steve. you know who owns the third slam from the 1996 season?

regards

joel

Joel,

It touted the second Grand Slam ball more......because it stated they "believed" A-Rod's first career grannie was "lost to the ages".....so I was ALL over that second one! I also bid on the third, and finally had to give up (both were too much dough!). I have no idea who eventually won it.

I have a bunch of procedures I go through to verify "facts" on items I buy. Like anyone else here, we all do the best we can. When it comes right down to pulling the trigger, you just have to evaluate the heap of info you have stockpiled, and if you feel it's conclusive enough, you go with it. I Google the date, pull up his home run log, even pull up old local newspaper sports sections to read on the "event", and try to view pictures. I am always interested in knowing where the home run ball landed to see if the story that accompanies it jives, and if it's reasonable to believe that the ball is what it claims to be based on it's origination.

I also verified, in this particular case, who originally presented the ball to A-Rod to sign it, so I was really happy to have won it!!

3arod13
06-21-2009, 09:45 AM

Joel,

Nice ball! Here's the bat that hit that ball. Arod's 1st Career Grand Slam Bat. Not mine, but it's really nice!

Regards, Tony

joelsabi
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Joel,

Nice ball! Here's the bat that hit that ball. Arod's 1st Career Grand Slam Bat. Not mine, but it's really nice!

Regards, Tony

tony

thanks for the photo. another item in my bat photo database.

very cool. i cant imagine how much the bat would have cost back then. way over my price range. i am very content with what i have.

happy father's day.

joel

kylehess10
06-21-2009, 12:23 PM
tony

thanks for the photo. another item in my bat photo database.

very cool. i cant imagine how much the bat would have cost back then. way over my price range. i am very content with what i have.

happy father's day.

joel

ya know....wouldn't it be cool if you could literally match up an ink transfer on that bat to the ball (if he hit it on one of the logos though)

Mac670
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Kyle,

If you ever want to let that kotsay jersey go. Let me know! Kotsay grew up in the city next to to mine, and has held baseball clinics with the Randy Flores currently with the Rockies at my old High school.

Anthony

joelsabi
06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
ya know....wouldn't it be cool if you could literally match up an ink transfer on that bat to the ball (if he hit it on one of the logos though)

kyle,

i dont want to hijack this thread. maybe we can start another thread and you can tell us what you need to test it. im game.

joel

joelsabi
06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
This one is easy. 1993/94 White Vancouver Canucks Pavel Bure. Greatest ever Canuck, best ever Canucks season, scored 60 goals and it has 3 nice sized repairs and a sleeve extention insert to help guard his wrist after he hurt it. And oh yeah, it's MeiGray Registered too :D Hoping Stu at MeiGray can photomatch it this year at the MeiGray Convention.

sweet jersey. did bure ever play for the russian national team? i remember there being sales of their jersey in scd in the late 90s.

33bird
06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
This is tuff but I'll say my Pete Rose 1975 H&B R 195 PSA 10 bat. It can only be from 1975 since that was the first time he ordered his R195 model and it's a 73-75 era. As you know they won the greatest World Series ever that season and Rose was MVP of the Series. Bat got a perfect grade.

shoremen44
06-21-2009, 07:56 PM
I would have to go with my 2009 Pujols HR bat... autographed and inscribed MVP 05 08.... Thanks andrew

MLB cert to May 1st 2009... Albert Hit a Solo HR againts the NATs

MUSEOVEN
06-23-2009, 02:31 PM
HELLO: :) THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME USED PIECE, THIS IS THE SEVEN HIT OF THE CESAR GUTIERREZ RECORD GAME (1970).-

PLEASE CHECK HIS BIO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Gutierrez

THIS WAS A CESAR GUTIERREZ PRESENT TO ME.-

joelsabi
06-23-2009, 03:06 PM
HELLO: :) THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME USED PIECE, THIS IS THE SEVEN HIT OF THE CESAR GUTIERREZ RECORD GAME (1970).-

PLEASE CHECK HIS BIO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Gutierrez

THIS WAS A CESAR GUTIERREZ PRESENT TO ME.-

wow. thats hof worthy. how did you get it? are you friends with the player?

bigtruck260
06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Darry Kile Cardinals gamer. Looked for one that was reasonable forever - and thankfully, it arrived this year. Call it a grail if you will. As a Cards fan, 2002 was a tough season - and I cried more when Darryl Kile died than when Jack Buck passed a week earlier. He was 33 that year - and I am 33 this year...so every time I pass it in my office, I think about how lucky I am to have lived the life I have up to this point.

cordovacollector
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Great post, Dave. Thanks!

MUSEOVEN
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
wow. thats hof worthy. how did you get it? are you friends with the player?
YES I WAS HIS FRIEND. HE DIED IN 2005.-

HE GIME HIS 1970 COMPLETE UNIFORM (DETROIT TIGERS), HIS CLEATS, A SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS SUITCASE, A FUNGO, ETC..

MUSEOVEN
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Cesar Gutierrez Game Used Jersey 1970.-

sox83cubs84
06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Museoven:

Hail Cesar! That's a knockout vintage jersey.:cool:

Just curious...any way that you could post pics of the Giants Ramon Monzant flannel behind it on one of the display-oriented threads?

Dave M.
Chicago area

MUSEOVEN
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Museoven:

Hail Cesar! That's a knockout vintage jersey.:cool:

Just curious...any way that you could post pics of the Giants Ramon Monzant flannel behind it on one of the display-oriented threads?

Dave M.
Chicago area
SURE.-

dfirest1
06-24-2009, 10:05 PM
My prize #1 is a 1975 Dodgers/Reds game-used ball, from a game where the Reds whupped the Dodgers 12-2. I've had it signed by Johnny Bench at SportsFest in Chicago last year, and NO IT ISN'T FOR SALE!