PDA

View Full Version : Reds Experts

MUSEOVEN
06-19-2009, 11:45 AM
HELLO: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABAUT THIS JERSEYS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180368189317

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180368202030

I HAVE A SIMILAR JERSEY (MANNY SARMIENTO) AND HAVE THE SAME GHOST IMAGE.. PLEASE CHECK

sox83cubs84
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Looks like the jersey was sent to the minors, and restored back to it's original MLB identity. Sarmiento was 6-foot and 170 lbs., so a size 38 in that era would have been reasonable. Check the sleeves for a round imprint of a patch...that would have been the National League Centennial patch, which the Reds wore in 1976. Otherwise, the jersey would be in the 1977-79 range.

Dave M.
Chicago area

suave1477
06-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Looks like the jersey was sent to the minors, and restored back to it's original MLB identity. Sarmiento was 6-foot and 170 lbs., so a size 38 in that era would have been reasonable. Check the sleeves for a round imprint of a patch...that would have been the National League Centennial patch, which the Reds wore in 1976. Otherwise, the jersey would be in the 1977-79 range.

Dave M.
Chicago area

I can't say a size 38 would have been reasonable.

Check the other thread about the Bernie Carbo Red Sox Jersey.

If he was a 38 that means he would roughly be 10 sizes smaller then me and im not that much bigger.

That Jersey would have to be so tight he would need vaseline to put it on lol lol

sox83cubs84
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I can't say a size 38 would have been reasonable.

Check the other thread about the Bernie Carbo Red Sox Jersey.

If he was a 38 that means he would roughly be 10 sizes smaller then me and im not that much bigger.

That Jersey would have to be so tight he would need vaseline to put it on lol lol

I've seen size 40s of Sarmiento...a 38 may not be that far of a stretch. Plus, McAuliffe sizing in that time frame was not identical to Rawlings sizing. Mike Torrez took a size 50 in McAuliffe Red Sox jersey (at least one I saw), and I don't recall him taking a 50 with any other teams' jerseys of him that I've viewed.

Plus, regarding your size vis-a-vis Sarmiento's, sizing was figured differently in the late 1970s as opposed to today. Ray Durham, a 2B whose weight is identical to Sarmiento's playing weight and is 4 inches shorter, took sizes 42 and 44 on every game jersey of his I've seen (at least a half dozen). Comparing the 1970s or even sizing for most of the 1980s to today is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Dave M.
Chicago area

suave1477
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I've seen size 40s of Sarmiento...a 38 may not be that far of a stretch. Plus, McAuliffe sizing in that time frame was not identical to Rawlings sizing. Mike Torrez took a size 50 in McAuliffe Red Sox jersey (at least one I saw), and I don't recall him taking a 50 with any other teams' jerseys of him that I've viewed.

Plus, regarding your size vis-a-vis Sarmiento's, sizing was figured differently in the late 1970s as opposed to today. Ray Durham, a 2B whose weight is identical to Sarmiento's playing weight and is 4 inches shorter, took sizes 42 and 44 on every game jersey of his I've seen (at least a half dozen). Comparing the 1970s or even sizing for most of the 1980s to today is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Dave M.
Chicago area

I don't know, I have compared McAuliffe to what I wear and it wasn't that much off. Maybe a size difference not 10 sizes.