PDA

View Full Version : Would Love A Response From Moderators!!!

suave1477
06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Dear Moderators,

Since it seems your not answering my emails. I thought I would try to contact you here.

I sent out an email (ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION) about a week ago to all 4 moderators - 24 hours go by, and no answer FROM 4 MODERATORS!!!

I sent a second email to the same 4 Moderators. Here it is 4 to 5 days later and yet NO ANSWER!!

Yet they do have the time to come on to the site and post comments, rules, regulations, opinions.

I would understand if your busy but I just find it hard to beleive after 2 emails to 4 moderators over a weeks time and no one could answer my simple question.

Yet I see one of the 4, daily on here posting something.

ANY OF THE MODERATORS CAN POST THERE ANSWER HERE TO MY EMAIL OR contact me directly suave1477@yahoo.com

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Suave,

It gives me great pleasure, and with that, great responsibility to inform you that I have been granted temporary limited authority to respond to your question.......

The answer is 42.

:)

Jim

suave1477
06-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Vintage not quite the answer I was looing for lol lol:D

Let's hope the moderators can chime in!!

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, I tried.

sportscentury
06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Who could blame them?

suave1477
06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Who could blame them?

I don't understand this comment?

ChrisCavalier
06-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Jason,

I sent you an email a short while ago.

gingi79
06-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Suave,
It gives me great pleasure, and with that, great responsibility to inform you that I have been granted temporary limited authority to respond to your question.......
The answer is 42.

:)
Jim

Good try Ford Fairlaine! Did you really make a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference? You are my favorite poster of the day. Go you!

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Good try Ford Fairlaine! Did you really make a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference? You are my favorite poster of the day. Go you!

Yes I did.

(and my first car, was a 1967 Ford Fairlane, by the way) :)

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes I did.

(and my first car, was a 1967 Ford Fairlane, by the way) :)

A red '67 Ford Falcon was mine!

rj_lucas
06-17-2009, 09:52 PM
A red '67 Ford Falcon was mine!

***GEEK ALERT***GEEK ALERT***GEEK ALERT***

Mine was powered by an infinite improbability drive.

***END OF GEEK ALERT***END OF GEEK ALERT***

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

jobathenut
06-17-2009, 10:03 PM
:confused:

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26073&stc=1&d=1244915167 ... http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26073&stc=1&d=1244915167

skyking26
06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
'74 Pontiac Firebird

ndevlin
06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Ahh, heck why not.

-'55 Chevy Belair 4dr.

godwulf
06-17-2009, 11:30 PM

But...did you ever drive it through a chronosynclastic infidibulum?

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Ahh, heck why not. -'55 Chevy Belair 4dr.

Awww, come on, Nate ... yer not that old! :D

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
But...did you ever drive it through a chronosynclastic infidibulum?

Just once. Got in my '67 FF and headed down the road. Next thing I knew I found myself in a cafe' having coffee with Douglas Adams. And there was this mirror where I kept seeing myself infinitely. Never again! :eek:

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
My sincere apologies that this thread was hijacked. Sorry ... we'll try to behave. :o

ndevlin
06-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Awww, come on, Nate ... yer not that old! :D

I was wondering if those that know me were going to say something. Haha.

My uncle told me if I could get it running then it was mine. Well, it was mine. I sold it because 4 drs arent cool. So I bought a '63 Ford Galaxie 2dr hardtop in 2001 or so.

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
... I sold it because 4 drs arent cool.

My '67 Falcon was a 2-door. If I can find the car can I trade it to you for some bats?? :cool:

Vintagedeputy
06-18-2009, 06:54 AM
My Fairlane was 4 doors and lime green!

cordovacollector
06-18-2009, 08:21 AM
My Fairlane was 4 doors and lime green!

Oh, you poor boy! How could you possibly pick up a date while cruisin' in a 4-door watermellon? :confused: But then again, at least that would have been a step up from having to use yer folks yellow Station Wagon with wood-grain panels and a yellow styrofoam smiley ball on the antena. :cool:

suave1477
06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
i Appreciate Everyone Hi Jacking My Thread

im So Glad Everyone Is So Keen On Forum Violations!!!

cordovacollector
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Hopefully, your questions were resolved by the email you received from Chris.

suave1477
06-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Cordova not really but thanks for your convern.

Not sure what a 67 Ford Falcon has to do with Game Used Hobby.

Or violating forum rules.

Vintagedeputy
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I kinda figured that since Chris responded to you in an email and posted that here, well, that meant that the thread was ripe for hijacking.... :)

We haven't hijacked a thread around here in at least a few days.....it was time.

and I picked up dates just fine in my lime green ride. I loved that car!

suave1477
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Vintage at least you can make me laugh lmaooo :D ;)

Vintagedeputy
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Vintage at least you can make me laugh lmaooo :D ;)

I try! Can't take life too seriously these day.... :)

Yankwood
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
'61 Ford Falcon. I never realized how many of them were around back then...

jobathenut
06-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah,i am right with you on this.Again a fellow member asks a serious question and get's silliness in return.I mean what does wanting to hear from a moderator about a problem have to do with with freakin' cars.Is this a game used sports forum or a car forum.I am sure theres one of those,go on it and talk about your cars.Or start your own thread to talk about it.Oh,i'm sorry,i am suppose to lighten up.Forget all i just wrote.Just joking.:D :D :D
i Appreciate Everyone Hi Jacking My Thread

im So Glad Everyone Is So Keen On Forum Violations!!!

cordovacollector
06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Joba ~

When the answer "42" was given, Suave seemed to be in on the joke and knew the book the answer referenced. When he laughed at it, we assumed he enjoyed the obscure reference and we all took part in adding to the same joke.

We may have been mistaken that he knew the reference and apologize for what looked like hijacking if Suave didn't know the book. We thought he was approving since he laughed at it. I am sure all of us apologize for misunderstanding that.

suave1477
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello Cordova,

Actually I don't know how you felt that I knew what the reference was too. He made a joke referencing a number and I thought it was funny that he threw out a random number as an "answer"
I even said that is not quite the answer I was looking for but I did laugh because he was abviously trying to make light of the situation since he saw I was a bit frustrated.

But I am not sure how that is an invitation to hijack a thread becuz someone laughs.

I am not mad and I feel for the most part almost everything has been resolved between me and the moderators.

I was just a bit surprised for someone who is big on forum violations would commit one herself.

cordovacollector
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Hello Cordova,

Actually I don't know how you felt that I knew what the reference was too. He made a joke referencing a number and I thought it was funny that he threw out a random number as an "answer"
I even said that is not quite the answer I was looking for but I did laugh because he was abviously trying to make light of the situation since he saw I was a bit frustrated.

But I am not sure how that is an invitation to hijack a thread becuz someone laughs.

I am not mad and I feel for the most part almost everything has been resolved between me and the moderators.

I was just a bit surprised for someone who is big on forum violations would commit one herself.

Suave ~

I honestly and sincerely apologize to you because this did become a blatant hijack. I am very sorry for having partipated.

When you laughed at "42" we mistakely thought you knew that was a joke from a book pretty much only "nerdy" people like me and a few others that chimed in have read. Since it is rare that people know about the "42" answer and you laughed at it, we misunderstood that as your approval and being in on the joke. And when we saw Chris answered, we assumed again that your question was resolved and that you would enjoy other (stupid) references to the book if you liked the first.

In Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the number from which all meaning ("the meaning of life, the universe, and everything") could be derived.
I do see how bad this looked now that we know you didn't know what "42" was, and because of that it sure looked like we were disrespecting you.

Again, I apologize. Sincerely!! And I'll make sure I won't be that careless again. I appreciate you and I appreciate this forum. I'm sorry my posts (and I) disrespected both of you.

suave1477
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Cordova its all good im not mad see im smiling :D

cordovacollector
06-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Sauve ~

You are a sweetheart! And I thank you.

That's why nerds should not try to be comedians ... very small audience. I am sure it will not surprise you that the only show on TV that I find remotely funny is Big Bang Theory. And I'm an Old Lady from the days of Sid Ceasar, Red Skelton, the Marx Brothers, ....... oy. :o

In your honor, this weekend I will watch all my DVR recordings I have stored of Baseball's Golden Memories instead of Big Bang reruns. ;)

suave1477
06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Cordova believe it or not Bing Bang Theory I thought was hysterical.

Red Skelton very funny.

One comedian who I think was one of the funniest of all time wasRe Buttons. He ended everything he said with "even he didn't get a dinner"

On of his funniest jokes was about Joe Torre.

Red Buttons
* Joe Torre, who switched to first base because he didn't want to go through life as Chicken Catcher Torre. Never got a dinner!

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide? What's this nonsense?

I thought Suave was asking what number Jackie Robinson wore.....42!

:D

(I think that I hijacked it again....darn, I hate when I do that...sorry)

suave1477
06-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Vintage believe it or not when I first read your reply for a split second I actually thought you might have been referring to Mariano Rivera.

As him being the answer lol

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Vintage believe it or not when I first read your reply for a split second I actually thought you might have been referring to Mariano Rivera.

As him being the answer lol

For many years, he has been the answer. They'll never be another Mo'

jobathenut
06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Cordova-I was'nt just calling you out.Believe me,you are the last person i would do that to.I would'nt want to upset you.As we have already been threw this.It was just my thoughts i expressed.As i have been seeing it more and more on here.And that's the silliness and jokes when someone is asking a serious question and wanting help.But i'm also not mad.It was'nt my thread.But suave was looking for a moderator to help and you guys are talking about cars.And on a side note,big bang theory is one of my favorite shows.I bought the dvd and watch it all the time.And even though most of what they say goes way over my head i find it funny.So i'm not without a sense of humor.I just think theres a time and place for it.But like i said,a fellow member told to lighten up,so i got to keep tying that.:D :D :D
Joba ~

When the answer "42" was given, Suave seemed to be in on the joke and knew the book the answer referenced. When he laughed at it, we assumed he enjoyed the obscure reference and we all took part in adding to the same joke.

We may have been mistaken that he knew the reference and apologize for what looked like hijacking if Suave didn't know the book. We thought he was approving since he laughed at it. I am sure all of us apologize for misunderstanding that.

suave1477
06-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Joba just so you know i do appreciate your concern.

jobathenut
06-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey,I'm there for you my friend.Us yankee fans need to stick together on here.:)
Joba just so you know i do appreciate your concern.