PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Ryan Bat

eGameUsed
05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
I have question regarding a Nolan Ryan bat I own. It is a Louisville Slugger Model K55 (with Registered Trademark logo after the K55 on the barrel). The bat dates to the 1983 to 1985 labeling era, and is foil stamped signature model. It also appears to be flame treated. The bat measures 34" exactly and weighs 31.6 oz according to my scale. I read the bat order records for members and could not figure out which year it might be pinpointed to. Was the foil stamping specific to any given year. Photos are attached!

cjmedina1
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Chris

I have a book called bats that was writtem by Vince Malta,Ronald Fox Bill Riddell and Mike Specht.On Page 45 It talks about the H&B Bat labeling for 1984-1985.I will type right from the book to this post.

During a portion of 1985&1986 ,However,Some H&B pro bats were made with a surface or "foil" stamping of the players name.There for,you can distinguish some 1985 pro H&B bats from 1983 and 1984 small label louisville bats if they have a surface or "foil" stamped players name combine with the barrel label of 1976 through 1985 bats.

Chris my guess is you do have a 1985 gamer but im not the expert.I will leave that up to Mike Specht and Jim C to confirm.I thought I would help and type right out of the book called Bats.If you don't have one I would try and get one,But then Mr Malta book is comming soon I hope and Im sure there will be alot more info then this old book I have that was co writtem by the gentlmen I mention above.

Take care and if you come across any Mac bats keep me inmind:D
Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

eGameUsed
05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I have narrowed it down to 1984 from some of the e-mails I have received. I would love to find out the dates it could have possibly been ordered! Jim or Mike?

Thanks,

MSpecht
05-13-2006, 06:54 PM
The surface or "foil" stamping of a player's name is generally found on during portions of the 1985 and 1986 manufacturing years. Given the dimensions of the pictured bat, it appears on the GUU Player's Bat Chart for Nolan Ryan as consistent with 1984. I do not have Ryan's records immediately available to check the manufacturing date in 1984 of the orders referenced on the chart. A post season order production in October, November, or December 1984 may be a possibility for the combination of the center oval label and the barrel foil stamping as pictured.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

eGameUsed
05-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the info Mike! If you happen to run across specific order dates, that would be excellent. Just curious to see when those 1984 bats were ordered, as it appears 30 total were order in 1984. Thanks again!