PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Neutral 3rd Party Authenticator - Need Help !!!!

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Fellow GUU Members,

I would like to ask for your help if possible.

I have a 10K item that was reviewed by 2 well known authograph authenticators (PSA/DNA and JSA) and both have different opinions on the piece.

Who do I go to for a NEUTRAL 3rd Party Authenticator that can help in situations like this?

Any help is appreciated.

jordan23collectibles

schubert1970
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Fellow GUU Members,

I have a 10K item that was reviewed by 2 well known authograph authenticators (PSA/DNA and JSA) and both have different opinions on the piece.

Who do I go to for a NEUTRAL 3rd Party Authenticator that can help in situations like this?

Any help is appreciated.

jordan23collectibles

Lou Lampson

Texans
06-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Post up the autograph

Jojo

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Lou Lampson

I was asking for help and not a sarcastic remark.

Just wondering if this is how you treat new members in the forum asking for help?

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
It would help if you posted a pic of the piece, as well as the signature. There are different experts in different fields. It would to know what we are dealing with here.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 04:44 PM
It would help if you posted a pic of the piece, as well as the signature. There are different experts in different fields. It would to know what we are dealing with here.

To Texans/TriplexXxSports - thanks for the responses.

Here is the item (72-10 Chicago Bulls Banner)

otismalibu
06-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Is 10K what you paid for the item, or is that the selling price?

Just curious.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Is 10K what you paid for the item, or is that the selling price?

Just curious.

Greg,

10K+ was the selling price for this item.

jordan23collectibles

otismalibu
06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
10K+ was the selling price for this item.

Gotcha.

Thanks.

spartakid
06-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Just wondering if this is how you treat new members in the forum asking for help?

Come on man, that was funny. I think the two you've already consulated are the two big ones. I can't really think of a third reputable company. Ricardo

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Come on man, that was funny. I think the two you've already consulated are the two big ones. I can't really think of a third reputable company. Ricardo

Ricardo,

I really value other GUU members opinion, that is why I asked this question.

I hope other GUU members can help me find an arbitrator besides these 2 companies that can be neutral and can have an independent assessment on this item.

jordan23collectibles

mdube16
06-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Richard Simon knows his stuff.

http://about-autograph-collecting.com/authentication.htm

Texans
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
That Jordan autograph is hard to tell. You took the auto to the major authenticators out there. Which one rejected the auto? Is the seller reliable?

Jojo

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Anyone know if UDA would look this over? I would check into them. I know there gold when it comes to MJ auto's. I don't know about the others though.

worldchamps
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
I think it was Steve Ryan, North Shore auctions, who used to have a lot of these signed banners...i would look at some of the other autographs and make an opinion on it, the Ron Harper, Pippen, Jack Haley, etc....to me it doesnt look good

All the autographs are the same size and going in the same direction...

My opinion for what it is worth is I would not buy it. But dont go off the authenicators, do your homework on what other signatures look like and compare and contrast.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Richard Simon knows his stuff.

http://about-autograph-collecting.com/authentication.htm

Thank you for the lead and definitely, I would look into it...

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
That Jordan autograph is hard to tell. You took the auto to the major authenticators out there. Which one rejected the auto? Is the seller reliable?

Jojo

Jojo,

The findings are not yet provided to me and I will definitely post here which of the signatures were rejected.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Anyone know if UDA would look this over? I would check into them. I know there gold when it comes to MJ auto's. I don't know about the others though.

TriplexXxSports,

I had a lot of MJ's UDA signed jerseys and I compared the signature on the banner and the jersey that I have and I cannot find anything misleading or otherwise.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I think it was Steve Ryan, North Shore auctions, who used to have a lot of these signed banners...i would look at some of the other autographs and make an opinion on it, the Ron Harper, Pippen, Jack Haley, etc....to me it doesnt look good

All the autographs are the same size and going in the same direction...

My opinion for what it is worth is I would not buy it. But dont go off the authenicators, do your homework on what other signatures look like and compare and contrast.

worldchamps,

Thank you for your insight about the Steve Ryan of North Shore Auctions.

My question is are you definitely sure that this item came from that lot of banners that Steve Ryan had in his possession during that time?

I will definitely follow your advice and do my homeowrk on this.

Regards,

jordan23collectibles

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes,as there is some wanna-be comidians on here.I understand your statement.As you are looking for serious advice and comments and not so-called jokes.:rolleyes: i wish i had some advice for you.Did you buy this and want to see if it's authentic? I wish you the best of luck to find that 3rd party.What were the responses you got from the other parties? Great item by the way.

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
What were the responses you got from the other parties? Great item by the way.

The forum is a very valuable place to find information about almost anything related to GU collecting.

And when a fellow member needs help, an honest opinion goes a long way.

I still haven't received the findings from both but I will definitely post here.

Thank you for your comments

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
jordan-I was just wondering as i asked in my other post to you.You say that the two parties differed in thier thoughts on the item.So i asked how they differ,and you said you have'nt heard back from them about it.So i guess my question is,how do you they differed then? I guess i just don't understand that.This forum is great to get advice as there are alot of knowledgable people on here.Hopefully those people will see this thread and help you.:)
Fellow GUU Members,

Any help is appreciated.

jordan23collectibles

jordan23collectibles
06-16-2009, 10:13 PM
jordan-I was just wondering as i asked in my other post to you.You say that the two parties differed in thier thoughts on the item.So i asked how they differ,and you said you have'nt heard back from them about it.So i guess my question is,how do you they differed then? I guess i just don't understand that.This forum is great to get advice as there are alot of knowledgable people on here.Hopefully those people will see this thread and help you.:)

The reason why I know they differ is that this issue is still being clarified at this point and I am not at liberty to say the findings until I receive the letters in my hand which is forthcoming to me in a week or so.

The only thing I want to get out of this is to find a 3rd party authenticator that would assess this item without looking at the findings of both PSA/DNA and JSA and provide an honest opinion on the signatures.

It is better to see the findings in writing before putting it up to the forum to be more accurate and not pure speculation on which signature was in question.

Hope this clarifies the matter.

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Seems like a ton of money to spend on an item where there will always be a lingering doubt, at least to some degree. Will a third reviewer (i.e., tie breaker) really put your mind to rest so sufficiently that you'd be interested in pulling a $10G trigger? Just my .02.

jobathenut
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
sportscentury-I have to agree with you.For me to spend that much,i would need to know without a doubt.But as i understand it,jordan already bought the item.But i could be wrong about that.That's just the way i read it.I think that jordan is just looking for a authenticity company to authenticate it.:D
Seems like a ton of money to spend on an item where there will always be a lingering doubt, at least to some degree. Will a third reviewer (i.e., tie breaker) really put your mind to rest so sufficiently that you'd be interested in pulling a $10G trigger? Just my .02.

jobathenut
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
jordan-thanks,now i understand.:)
The reason why I know they differ is that this issue is still being clarified at this point and I am not at liberty to say the findings until I receive the letters in my hand which is forthcoming to me in a week or so.

The only thing I want to get out of this is to find a 3rd party authenticator that would assess this item without looking at the findings of both PSA/DNA and JSA and provide an honest opinion on the signatures.

It is better to see the findings in writing before putting it up to the forum to be more accurate and not pure speculation on which signature was in question.

Hope this clarifies the matter.

cordovacollector
06-17-2009, 12:49 AM
I would not buy the item. There is already so much fading and bleeding with the signatures on the white portions that in years ahead, they won't even be legible.

sportscentury
06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I would not buy the item. There is already so much fading and bleeding with the signatures on the white portions that in years ahead, they won't even be legible.

I have to agree. May I ask: Was the Jordan signature the only one in question? Some of the others look a bit questionable. For me, too many red flags (sorry for the pun). Save your $10,000 and wait for something in which you can have confidence.

Is this the type of thing being discussed over on the GUU Autograph Forum?

5kRunner
06-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Just curious.

No of these guys are dead, right? How feasible would it be to find a similar unautographed item and spend $10,000 to acquire the autos. That way you know they are legit.

Of course I have no idea if any of these guys do auto shows or anything, so it might not be possible.

Just a thought.