PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Dolphins Helmet

perlman9
06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I recently purchased a Dolphins helmet that came from the home of Lamar Thomas. Several items were on ebay, this one wasn't. This was not the helmet in the photo that was sent to me but decided to keep in anyway as it seems authentic, just trying to figure out whose it may have been. The clips on the face mask have a 99 on it so assume it was reconditioned then? Also, under some of the pads is a sticker with #T86 so thought maybe a training camp for #86? I think that was Orende Gasden? There is also a bright orange dot sticker with the reconditioned stickers. There is also something written in black marker, looks like Celzik or something like that

JasonBanz
06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Can you post a picture of it? The name Celzik or anything close doesn't ring a bell.

perlman9
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Here are some pics, thanks for any help!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/phins1.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/phins2.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/phins3.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/phins4.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/phins5.jpg

JasonBanz
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmmm.....I'm pretty well puzzled. I looked on the Dolphins past rosters and there was no Celzic, even in training camp. You got a great looking helmet though. If you ever want to part with it let me know!

perlman9
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Will do! I am hoping the #t86 means it was worn by #86 which is probably Gasden. I was bummed when it wasn't the helmet the sent a photo of which was definitely a Lamar Thomas and still had the mouthguard, and am confident this came from the team and Thomas, just wondering if someone gave him the helmet.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I know this if off topic so i hope you don't mind.But i just had to say,being a huge hurricanes fan i loved lamar thomas.I always thought he was underrated.I have a great hurricanes collection (tickets,programs,shirts,danbury mint etc)that includes a great hurricanes game tape library.And even though i'm in the process of trying to sell it.I have really loved watching those old games.And watching games of him and that great team they had.I don't see the program ever being like that again.Unless they bring back coker.Still can't believe they let him go.And for sure if they want to get back to winning they need to get rid of that coach of thiers.:)

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 06:47 PM
perlman-I do have a question about the helmet.If you paid for a lamar thomas helmet.And they sent you a different helmet.Why would you accept that.Should'nt you get the helmet you paid for? Maybe i'm not uderstanding this.And was this directly from lamar himself?:confused:
Will do! I am hoping the #t86 means it was worn by #86 which is probably Gasden. I was bummed when it wasn't the helmet the sent a photo of which was definitely a Lamar Thomas and still had the mouthguard, and am confident this came from the team and Thomas, just wondering if someone gave him the helmet.

perlman9
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a good answer, kind of. The person selling got a bunch of stuff from Lamar, including a couple of game dolphin jerseys, practice jerseys, helmets, his trophy balls, gold bag, etc. They were selling some on ebay and I was out of town and missed bidding on the jersey. I contacted them to let them know if the person faulted, I would get the jersey. They responded with they had one helmet left, which was the photo they sent, and the person decided not to get the jersey. I was set to get both and then heard the person did end up getting the jersey, so they gave me a pretty good deal (I thought) on the helmet. When the helmet arrived it wasn't what I was expecting and emailed to see if they had the other helmet. They said I could return the helmet I got for a full refund but because it was a decent price I decided to keep it anyway and am now trying to do some research. The person did ask Lamar and he said all the helmets were his, but this one doesn't add up with face mask he wore, so am just trying to see if someone knows anything about what the sticker with #t86 may mean...

perlman9
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
ooops, golf bag, not gold bag =)

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the ansewer.And i knew you ment golf bag,as i knew it was'nt a big of gold.But that sure would've been nice.I can't believe larmar gave up all of those things of his.:)
I have a good answer, kind of. The person selling got a bunch of stuff from Lamar, including a couple of game dolphin jerseys, practice jerseys, helmets, his trophy balls, gold bag, etc. They were selling some on ebay and I was out of town and missed bidding on the jersey. I contacted them to let them know if the person faulted, I would get the jersey. They responded with they had one helmet left, which was the photo they sent, and the person decided not to get the jersey. I was set to get both and then heard the person did end up getting the jersey, so they gave me a pretty good deal (I thought) on the helmet. When the helmet arrived it wasn't what I was expecting and emailed to see if they had the other helmet. They said I could return the helmet I got for a full refund but because it was a decent price I decided to keep it anyway and am now trying to do some research. The person did ask Lamar and he said all the helmets were his, but this one doesn't add up with face mask he wore, so am just trying to see if someone knows anything about what the sticker with #t86 may mean...

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 08:23 PM
oops,my turn at the old typo.i mean lamar and larmar.:o

perlman9
06-17-2009, 06:43 AM
I am really a Buccaneers fan and was hoping he had a helmet or jersey from his time with tampa but only have some presentation footballs and sideline jackets!

mdube16
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Lamar is around Miami sports a fair amount. If you happen to live in the area, he attends every football game and a fair amount of baseball games so he can be found pretty easily to ask him.

perlman9
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info, but I live in Ohio. I will just accept as a presentation helmet for now, but will keep digging =)

baines3
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I can't really help out with your helmet Perlman, but I was the person who purchased the Playoff game used helmet,the Dolphins jersey and a presentation ball from Thomas' 3 TD 150 yd game against Denver. I have possibly photomatched the jersey to a game vs. New England in 1997.
After I got these items I saw that the seller was selling another helmet (yours) and other assorted items. For a little while after my items were sold, they still had not changed the picture of the helmet and even had the jersey still for sale, while it was hanging in my house! At some point I believe they DID change the photo of the second helmet. Seller supposedly had a "business relationship" with Lamar and had these items. I have no doubt that the items are legit, just don't know about the helmet you have.

If you have any questions about my helmet or need pics, let me know.

Jeff

perlman9
06-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey Jeff
my email is perlman9@excite.com would love to see some photos. I know the helmet is legit, just don't think it was Lamars as it wasnt his face mask and was hoping to find out whose it was