PDA

View Full Version : Who wants some Jeter game used socks!

newyork2
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I guess Jeter is getting desperate like Arod now, Selling his GU socks.

mbenga28
06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
is this through SteinerSports?

newyork2
06-15-2009, 04:01 PM
You bet!

mr.miracle
06-15-2009, 04:15 PM
What do they smell like?

jobathenut
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
a winner:)
What do they smell like?

mr.miracle
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Ha, Ha, now that one is a great reply!!!!:)

jobathenut
06-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Thank you-miracle:)
Ha, Ha, now that one is a great reply!!!!:)

newyork2
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Certainly a great response, what do you think Jeter GU socks are worth anyway?

jobathenut
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Like anything,they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
Certainly a great response, what do you think Jeter GU socks are worth anyway?

Mauer7
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
They are probably worth a few scents.

sox83cubs84
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Being from a player as great as Jeter, they must have a rare air about them.

Dave M.
Chicago area

sportscentury
06-15-2009, 11:05 PM

So they are his older socks?

cordovacollector
06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
This may all be true but something here just doesn't pass the smell test.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm not even going to take the bait sportscentury.:)

newyork2
06-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Haha, some funny posts about these.

mbenga28
06-16-2009, 08:48 AM

Since he was officially anointed team captain, the Yankees have lost one World Series, helped reverse the Curse of the Red Sox franchise, been eliminated in the first round in three consecutive postseasons followed by not making the postseason at all last year.

I still remember the friction he had with Chad Curtis I belive it was in 1999 or 2000 when the Yankees and Mariners were engaged in a brawl and he and now current teamate Alex Rodriguez were having a good chuckle on the side while their colleagues were jostling away.

cordovacollector
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Please excuse me for being confused. As these were proclaimed to be Jeter's I was assuming they were generic Yankees' game used socks but now that you are mentioning championships, I am confused about the color. As championship game used, can you tell me if they are Red Socks or White Socks?

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm not even going to take the bait sportscentury.:)

:)

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Since he was officially anointed team captain, the Yankees have lost one World Series, helped reverse the Curse of the Red Sox franchise, been eliminated in the first round in three consecutive postseasons followed by not making the postseason at all last year.

I still remember the friction he had with Chad Curtis I belive it was in 1999 or 2000 when the Yankees and Mariners were engaged in a brawl and he and now current teamate Alex Rodriguez were having a good chuckle on the side while their colleagues were jostling away.
:) :)

skyking26
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM

Arod and Jeter...2 pretty boys who would not want to harm those Q-P doll faces of theirs... Both of them irritate the hell out of me. Not my kind of player.

BULBUS
06-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Arod and Jeter...2 pretty boys who would not want to harm those Q-P doll faces of theirs... Both of them irritate the hell out of me. Not my kind of player.

TNTtoys
06-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I think we finally have an answer to the main question of this thread...

I can think of 6 little guys who might want some Jeter game used socks!!!

skyking26
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM

Lil' boo boo for jumping in the stands after a ball like he should - he's PAID to do that. Now, why didn't he get into the fight previously mentioned? Stand up for team-mates. Don't watch from side lines...

Sorry, just not a fan of the pretty boys. Not taking away from Jeter's game, just the other...

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow,this thread was about jeter's game used socks.But haters sure don't miss a chance to spread and express thier hate.:(

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow,this thread was about jeter's game used socks.But haters sure don't miss a chance to spread and express thier hate.:(

Joba, don't include me in that group ... my posts were in jest. I'm not a Yanks fan, but I've always liked DJ.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
sportscentury-I was'nt calling anyone out.So please dont take offense to it.I was just making a observation.Especially when it comes to the yankees.I mean this thread was about what the value is on game used socks.And mine was the only serious response to it.All the other ones were the haters or the comedians taking over the thread.I mean you don't know.Maybe the person really wanted to know the value.But haters just want to hate.And don't miss a chance to do it.I mean you can not like jeter but you have to respect him.Go on any baseball stat site and look up his stats and tell me he is not a hall of famer playing now.And i think it's funny,he has how many workl series rings?And how many do the white soxs or red soxs have as a franchise? And i'm not sure why his good looks makes him a bad player.I hate him because he is good looking.That makes no sense to me.And because he did'nt want to brawl with his teammates.Yeah,he is not a tough guy,So would he join in on a fight.It's not like all his teammates were all getting beaten up and he just stood there and laughed.But see you can't talk logic with a hater.Because haters just see the hate.:mad:
Joba, don't include me in that group ... my posts were in jest. I'm not a Yanks fan, but I've always liked DJ.

Mr.3000
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Jeter, and his sicks, are overrated.

Mr.3000
06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Jeter, and his sicks, are overrated.

Though......he'll likely end up with 3000+ hits. That's the only reason I would have to like him...or his play.

bigtime59
06-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't buy them. I don't collect socks. I don't collect Yankee$. Easy call. I have no idea what they're worth, but given whom they're attributed to, you're going to pay far too much for them.
Defensively, Jeter should be playing either 2B or LF. His ego, however, insisted that he remain at short when Miss Pay-Fraud arrived in NY, despite the fact that she's a better shortstop than Jeter. However, that may be the only occasion where Jeter showed he's less of a man than she is. He's clearly a much more grounded, better rounded human being than the "worlds most insecure millionaire" will ever be.

newyork2
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow this is turning into quite the thread, I just wanted to get some opinions on pricing.

slambam
06-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I think we finally have an answer to the main question of this thread...

I can think of 6 little guys who might want some Jeter game used socks!!!

FUEL! Damn I miss that show...

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:16 PM
sportscentury-I was'nt calling anyone out.So please dont take offense to it.I was just making a observation.Especially when it comes to the yankees.I mean this thread was about what the value is on game used socks.And mine was the only serious response to it.All the other ones were the haters or the comedians taking over the thread.I mean you don't know.Maybe the person really wanted to know the value.But haters just want to hate.And don't miss a chance to do it.I mean you can not like jeter but you have to respect him.Go on any baseball stat site and look up his stats and tell me he is not a hall of famer playing now.And i think it's funny,he has how many workl series rings?And how many do the white soxs or red soxs have as a franchise? And i'm not sure why his good looks makes him a bad player.I hate him because he is good looking.That makes no sense to me.And because he did'nt want to brawl with his teammates.Yeah,he is not a tough guy,So would he join in on a fight.It's not like all his teammates were all getting beaten up and he just stood there and laughed.But see you can't talk logic with a hater.Because haters just see the hate.:mad:

Joba, I understand. I saw your comment in the Jordan Autograph thread about wanna-be comedians on GUU, as well. May I make a friendly suggestion? You may want to lighten up a bit. GUU is a place where we come to share our hobby ... and a lot of us like to have fun doing it. Some jokes here and there, if made in a friendly way, are not going to hurt anyone. Let's not throw humor in with hate... the two are completely separate phenomena. I mean, this is a thread about Jeter's socks for crying out loud ... how in the heck are we supposed to discuss Jeter's worn socks without joking a bit?

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow this is turning into quite the thread, I just wanted to get some opinions on pricing.

Oh, this is nothing. Buckle up.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
sportscentury-Ok,but when people are asking serious questions about a item.I guess i don't understand the need for jokes like that.I can apperciate humor like the next person.And if i ever read anything funny on here i will.But i guess i expect serious ansewers to serious questions.But like i said,haters don;t miss a chance to do it.And there is a thin line between being funny and being hateful.Unlike you,i'm sure most of these post come from hate and not being funny.But i will take your advice and try to lighten up.And just because a fellow member might want a serious ansewer does'nt mean they deserve one.Yeah,i'm the bad guy on here i guess.If it isnt being criticized about my grammer ,it's know being told to lighten up on here.You do understand that all people collect different items.So what might be a joke to you to collect.Might be a serious collection for someone else.But hey,what do i know.I need to lighten up-how's this:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Joba, I understand. I saw your comment in the Jordan Autograph thread about wanna-be comedians on GUU, as well. May I make a friendly suggestion? You may want to lighten up a bit. GUU is a place where we come to share our hobby ... and a lot of us like to have fun doing it. Some jokes here and there, if made in a friendly way, are not going to hurt anyone. Let's not throw humor in with hate... the two are completely separate phenomena. I mean, this is a thread about Jeter's socks for crying out loud ... how in the heck are we supposed to discuss Jeter's worn socks without joking a bit?

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
sportscentury-Ok,but when people are asking serious questions about a item.I guess i don't understand the need for jokes like that.I can apperciate humor like the next person.And if i ever read anything funny on here i will.But i guess i expect serious ansewers to serious questions.But like i said,haters don;t miss a chance to do it.And there is a thin line between being funny and being hateful.Unlike you,i'm sure most of these post come from hate and not being funny.But i will take your advice and try to lighten up.And just because a fellow member might want a serious ansewer does'nt mean they deserve one.Yeah,i'm the bad guy on here i guess.If it isnt being criticized about my grammer ,it's know being told to lighten up on here.You do understand that all people collect different items.So what might be a joke to you to collect.Might be a serious collection for someone else.But hey,what do i know.I need to lighten up-how's this:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You're not the bad guy at all. If I thought that, I wouldn't respond to so many of your posts. It was just a friendly suggestion ... one that I have to remind myself of at times, as well.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
sportscentury-Please ansewer my question.If a memeber is asking a serious question.Do they then deserve a serious ansewer and not a bunch of jokes or rips on that player? I'm still trying to lighten up,just asking you your thoughts.see:D :D :D :D :D :D
You're not the bad guy at all. If I thought that, I wouldn't respond to so many of your posts. It was just a friendly suggestion ... one that I have to remind myself of at times, as well.

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
sportscentury-Please ansewer my question.If a memeber is asking a serious question.Do they then deserve a serious ansewer and not a bunch of jokes or rips on that player? I'm still trying to lighten up,just asking you your thoughts.see:D :D :D :D :D :D

Joba, to be honest, it doesn't seem like you're lightening up. It seems like you want to argue.

To answer your question: Yes, if a member asks a serious question in a respectful manner, he/she deserves a serious, respectful response. I just don't think this precludes folks from having some harmless fun. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one.

This is my last post on the topic.

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 11:57 PM
sportscentury-argue-discuss,i guess we don't see things the same way on that.Because i thought we were discussing something.I did'nt think you were arguing anything,so i'm not sure you think i was.But anyways,thanks,that's all i wanted to hear was your ansewer as i value your thoughts.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Joba, to be honest, it doesn't seem like you're lightening up. It seems like you want to argue.

To answer your question: Yes, if a member asks a serious question in a respectful manner, he/she deserves a serious, respectful response. I just don't think this precludes folks from having some harmless fun. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one.

This is my last post on the topic.

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 11:58 PM
sportscentury-argue-discuss,i guess we don't see things the same way on that.Because i thought we were discussing something.I did'nt think you were arguing anything,so i'm not sure you think i was.But anyways,thanks,that's all i wanted to hear was your ansewer as i value your thoughts.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cool. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Have a good evening.

skyking26
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I am about as far as you can get from a tough guy...but if my teammate was in a brawl, I'd jump in I wouldn't laugh and watch from the sidelines. Hater? I am not a fan of the Yankees. I do believe Jeter will be a HOF'er...really do. Don't care for him...but respect his abilities. If that makes me a hater, then whatever. Joba, just a little surprised here.

jobathenut
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
skyking-I'm sorry if you were surprised by my post.But i was blown away by yours.As i think you're a great guy.I guess i was shocked that you had so much dislike for jeter and alex rodriguiz.But i understand alot of people have a problem with mr.rodriguez.And i always tell them what my brother always says to people who rip on rodriguez,and that's "build a bridge and get over it".Your post's came across as hate,as it is'nt until this one you gave any credit to jeter.But the pretty boy thing was just funny to me.And your big selling point was that he did'nt join in on that brawl.And i understand even if not a tough guy you join in.But that was'nt that much of a brawl.And it was under control and there was no need for him to join in it.Getting hurt in a brawl hurts his teammates more than joining in a silly brawl.But i do agree with you on one thing.He should'nt be joking and laughing with a player on the other team or even his team while it's going on.Again,i keep upsetting people on here with my post.And i'm not trying to upset people.Like them,i'm just expressing my thoughts.And discussing them on here.Hey,the forum is about discussing different point of views and i was just commenting on yours.I'm sorry if i upset you.I sure hope we are still good.:)
I am about as far as you can get from a tough guy...but if my teammate was in a brawl, I'd jump in I wouldn't laugh and watch from the sidelines. Hater? I am not a fan of the Yankees. I do believe Jeter will be a HOF'er...really do. Don't care for him...but respect his abilities. If that makes me a hater, then whatever. Joba, just a little surprised here.

jobathenut
06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
sportscentury-And you have a great evening also.:D :D :D
Cool. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Have a good evening.

Mr.3000
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
As far as the brawl goes.....Jete had a responsibility to get involved...if only to pull players apart. No one said he had to throw down. It's one of those unwritten rules of baseball....you DO NOT just stand around when the benches clear and your teammates are involved. You back up your teamates and your team. Jeter clearly made himself out to be all for himself in that instance. If he were my teammate, HOF'er or not, he would have heard it it in the dugout.

Those who have played organized team sports understand this. It's clear those who don't get it either never played sports or simply don't want to get it.