PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auctions

ziggy
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Hunt Auctions has some nice jerseys. Do they have a good reputation? Any thoughts on any of the listings?

Marichal27
06-19-2009, 06:27 AM
There is a fake Will Clark home '89 WS on there.

b.heagy
06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
One of the best in the business in my opinion. If there is a problem with an item they are quick to respond. If an item is pointed out to have questionable authenticity they will pull the item. The entire staff is very pleasant to deal with. Thumbs up in my book.

sox83cubs84
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm in agreement with Bill. The only problem is their lack of consistency in identifying jerseys as game-used, game-issued, or the non-specific catch-all, game-model. Still, overall they are among the best of the sports auction houses.

Dave M.
Chicago area

buffy
06-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi Marichal,
Can you please help me understand why the Clark jersey on Hunt is a fake? I'm new to collecting. thank you for your time

Marichal27
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Ok. That is EASY! I knew Dick Dobbins and Lon Lewis knew him even better. The last game of the '89 WS was played at Candlestick , game 4. Except for 5-6 players, according to Lon and Dick, the players had a choice of taking one jersey, home or road. All one of them minus that 5-6 took the home. I live in SF and not too long thereafter, I've seen a Speier home '89 WS, Mitchell, and Clark home WS jerseys. I even asked Speier at a card show, when I wanted it signed, and asked him if this was his, turns out I had a fake home '89 WS jersey, and he said he had his, which was a home. They only made one home and 1 road. The "BP" jerseys only had the armband. Only a 7 game series. Unfortunately it only lasted 4,, but Giants fans were not really into games 3 & 4, for obvious reasons. You really think these star players only took a road g/u jersey from that WS with them? PLUS, I saw 3 of the fakes. Clark, Speier, and Mitchell. With a "collector" north of the Golden Gate. Three big name players. Ask Lon if you don't believe me. This has to be the faked Clark home I saw in 1990.

Marichal27
06-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Ziggy Stardust...They don't know much if anything on jerseys. A few years ago I purchased a Giants jersey from someone who won it from Hunt. With the help of Lon Lewis, turned out to be fake. The winner was VERY fortunate that he still had the freceipt. He got his $$ back. A few years ago, I won a Giants jersey that was wrong and with the help of Lon again, I got most of my $$ back, but not the entire amt. I would be leary on bidding on a jersey from them, as far as the rest, good luck.

buffy
06-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow, thanks so much for your advice. I truely appreciate it. What do you think about this Clark jersey on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320386532180&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

Clark is signing in SF tomorrow...FYI if you're interested. again thanks so much

Ok. That is EASY! I knew Dick Dobbins and Lon Lewis knew him even better. The last game of the '89 WS was played at Candlestick , game 4. Except for 5-6 players, according to Lon and Dick, the players had a choice of taking one jersey, home or road. All one of them minus that 5-6 took the home. I live in SF and not too long thereafter, I've seen a Speier home '89 WS, Mitchell, and Clark home WS jerseys. I even asked Speier at a card show, when I wanted it signed, and asked him if this was his, turns out I had a fake home '89 WS jersey, and he said he had his, which was a home. They only made one home and 1 road. The "BP" jerseys only had the armband. Only a 7 game series. Unfortunately it only lasted 4,, but Giants fans were not really into games 3 & 4, for obvious reasons. You really think these star players only took a road g/u jersey from that WS with them? PLUS, I saw 3 of the fakes. Clark, Speier, and Mitchell. With a "collector" north of the Golden Gate. Three big name players. Ask Lon if you don't believe me. This has to be the faked Clark home I saw in 1990.

Marichal27
06-20-2009, 02:46 AM
I saw this jersey in person on Friday. the tagging has 1989 22. It shouls read 22 89 or 89 22. The jersey was very crisp and almost "new", never washed, since it has Clark's autograph. I pointed out some other tagging examples from old Leland's auctions and he seemed amazed. This was something The Scoreboard did, as well as other big name player jerseys back around the late '80's- early '90's. Not game used just looks sort of close to the real thing. Nice display piece, and nothing more.

Marichal27
06-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Wow, thanks so much for your advice. I truely appreciate it. What do you think about this Clark jersey on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320386532180&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

Clark is signing in SF tomorrow...FYI if you're interested. again thanks so much
PS: Where is the Thrill signing? cgunnarh2@yahoo.com

corsairs22
06-20-2009, 07:35 AM
However spotty their knowledge of jersies may be, they are a very respectable auction house. The people there are friendly and quick to follow up on what they say.

FastLane80
06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I always do a lot of research on auction houses before I bid and they seem to be one of the better ones out there. I have made several bids on their auctions but have yet to win anything so I have no personal experience. One thing I have noticed and I think most others should is that most of their jerseys are label "professional model" which I take as probably not game used since they do have jersey lots that are label as game used. Due to the extreme amount of fraudulent jerseys out there, I tend to stay away from them unless there's proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the jersey was worn and used by the player. Most of the Dodger jerseys offered in this auction don't look genuine to me and I am not a jersey expert by any means. Good luck though and even though I bleed Dodger Blue, I was a fan of Will the Thrill growing up and would love to get a ball signed by him.