PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Alomar game pants 2002

metsbats
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
I just picked up a pair of 2002 Mets Alomar game pants which I've returned for another reason but the pants are 36" long. This length seems very long for a 6 Ft tall Alomar.

Any Alomar collectors can shed some light on the typical lengths of Alomar pants?

Thanks

BaseballGM
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
I saw those pants on eBay listed a few times. When I emailed the seller, he said that he had 6 pairs of Alomar pants from 2002. I think I've seen 3 of them listed over the past few months. Not sure what the deal is with that.
As far as the length goes, I have a pair of 1999 ans 2001 Indians pants with the length being 33" and 36" respectively.

metsbats
06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I saw those pants on eBay listed a few times. When I emailed the seller, he said that he had 6 pairs of Alomar pants from 2002. I think I've seen 3 of them listed over the past few months. Not sure what the deal is with that.
As far as the length goes, I have a pair of 1999 ans 2001 Indians pants with the length being 33" and 36" respectively.

BaseBallGM,

Yes I've seen this seller list a couple of pairs and actually lost out on the last 3 but was able to win this last one.

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned that these pants were too long at 36" but from what you just shared Alomar did get 36" pants in the past.

Any idea why these longer pants exist as they seem too long for Robbie to wear?

Thanks again.

BaseballGM
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
The 36" length is legit. In looking at some images on the web, you'll see him with long pants kind of bunched on the bottom. Not that I'm a leg guy, :p , but Robbie seems to be long legged.

metsbats
06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
The 36" length is legit. In looking at some images on the web, you'll see him with long pants kind of bunched on the bottom. Not that I'm a leg guy, :p , but Robbie seems to be long legged.

Thanks Again!