PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone win anything from the Steiner Auction?

hockeytigers
06-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Did anyone win anything from the Steiner auction? It looked like things were going for very cheap prices. I picked up a couple of Cowboys jerseys...i'll post pictures when they arrive. :)

suave1477
06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Hockeytigers which auction? They auction stuff off everyday almost.

BULBUS
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Suave, hockey is talking about the cowboys-steiner auctions. I picked up a few. I got 4 game issued jerseys (brad johnson and flozell adams) for between 71 and 100 bucks, and 2 game used jerseys for 150 each. They all came with "game used" stadium turf placks too.

Not a cowboy fan, but unfortunately, my father, brother, and brother-in-law are. they will make nice gifts.

-Chris

newyork2
06-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Did anyone win anything from the Steiner auction? It looked like things were going for very cheap prices. I picked up a couple of Cowboys jerseys...i'll post pictures when they arrive. :)

Steiner Auctions are decent but I wouldnt say prices are great, I know of wholesalers who sell for less.

hockeytigers
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
I bid and won 2 game issued jerseys for under $100...I think that is a pretty good deal. Does anyone know if Dallas has any markings on their game worn jersey's? I'm just wondering how you can tell if a Dallas jersey is game worn or game issued.

short84
06-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, I did. You used to be able to check the prova chip number on a jersey (and other items) to see if it was issued or game used (and which games it was used in). As I understand it, the website is no longer being maintained, so chip numbers can not be verified. The Steiner COA you will receive will tell you if the jersey is game used or issued. Steiner is still listing some good deals - today there were some 2 for 1 jerseys listed with reasonable starting bids. It is nice to see them listing items available through their auctions with reasonable starting bids. I was amazed at the inventory they had before they started have sales and listing them through their auctions. At least when you puchase an item from them, it is authentic. Congratulations on some good purchases! :D SusieQ

hockeytigers
06-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Do they add markings to the jerseys? The Giants add a "W" to the tag if it was game worn...just curious....Thanks!

skinsfan0521
06-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Do they add markings to the jerseys? The Giants add a "W" to the tag if it was game worn...just curious....Thanks!
The NY Giants? If that's who you're talking about then maybe you have newer jerseys than I do. I have a 04 & 05 that came right from the Giants and they don't have any of those markings on the tags. Just curious.

-Brian

hockeytigers
06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I was told that the equipment mgr writes a W on the jerseys that have been worn in a game...anyone else know if this is true?

hockeytigers
06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
This is a 2004 Giants jersey

short84
06-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I am not aware of the Cowboys using any marks to identify game used. I have several and none of them are marked in any way. My game used look and smell game used -- they have dirt, turf burns, holes, field paint and body odors that issued jerseys do not have.

My issued jerseys are bright and clean with no odors. It was nice when you could look up the Prova chip number to verify game issued vs game used. There is a seller on EBAY that has been mentioned on this forum that lists all his Cowboys jerseys as game used/worn and most are issued. He is a frequent buyer from Steiner and resells on EBAY with very inflated prices. Susie Q

hockeytigers
06-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Yes, I am aware of that guy. There was a jersey that I really wanted but I had to get on an airplane and when I landed, I had lost it. The jersey is forsale on Ebay for almost 3 times what he won it for. He has those jerseys for sale and they haven't even shipped yet...

skinsfan0521
06-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I was told that the equipment mgr writes a W on the jerseys that have been worn in a game...anyone else know if this is true?
Hmm... that is interesting. Like I said, I've got a 2004 & 2005 gu Giants jersey and neither of them have anything written on the tag or anywhere. The 2005 I've photomatched, so I know for sure that is game worn, but the 2004 I have yet to be able to find a match for. There are team repairs, TONS of pulled threads, some un-repaired holes, etc so I'm fairly confident that it is also game worn. Plus, both of them came directly from the Giants w/Giants LOA.

I wonder if that's something that they do every now and then, but not all the time?? I don't see why they would do that, but it's obvious that they don't do it to every jersey.

Anybody else have an opinion on this? I know it's OT from the original thread so if somebody thinks we should start a new thread, we can do that.

-Brian

skinsfan0521
06-18-2009, 08:28 AM
btw... member: cns1 has quite a few gu Giants jerseys I know. Maybe if you contacted him he'd have some more information.

-Brian

BULBUS
06-18-2009, 08:35 AM
I have a few recent game used Giants jerseys, purchased from the Giants, and I don't think any have a "W" on them.

-Chris

hockeytigers
06-18-2009, 09:17 AM
The jersey that I have is from MeiGray. It also has dirt stains on it. Maybe it is something that was done for MeiGray. It is something that I never thought about...just assumed all game worn jerseys from the Giants have the W on it...

BULBUS
06-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, I am aware of that guy. There was a jersey that I really wanted but I had to get on an airplane and when I landed, I had lost it. The jersey is forsale on Ebay for almost 3 times what he won it for. He has those jerseys for sale and they haven't even shipped yet...

Its funny how the jerseys that were listed by Steiner as "issued", are now on ebay listed as "game used / worn" and they don't mention the steiner loa. the jerseys that were listed by steiner as "game used" , mention the steiner loa. not making any accusations, just noticed this on his listings. also, his prices are more than steiners and he doesnt seem to sell many of them.

short84
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I bought one of his "game used/worn" jerseys that turned out to be an issued one. I was able to check the prova id when the site was still working. I have been watching him pick up issued jerseys from big name players and list them on EBAY as game used/worn for inflated prices. He is not a very honest seller -too bad the prova site is no longer working or he would get caught doing this -with the site nonfunctional it allows him to be the dishonest seller that he is :( . Susie Q

jv225
06-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I bought one of his "game used/worn" jerseys that turned out to be an issued one. I was able to check the prova id when the site was still working. I have been watching him pick up issued jerseys from big name players and list them on EBAY as game used/worn for inflated prices. He is not a very honest seller -too bad the prova site is no longer working or he would get caught doing this -with the site nonfunctional it allows him to be the dishonest seller that he is :( . Susie Q

Actually when the Prova site was working that didn't stop him either. I was interested in a few jerseys he had and emailed him for the Prova #'s. When I looked them up they said issued to team or something like that with no dates shown. I emailed him and told him basically if there aren't any games/dates listed showing when the jersey was worn it wasn't game worn. His response? If anything has a Prova tag no matter what it says as far as he's concerned it's a game worn jersey.

Last time I looked (it was awhile ago) I would say 80%-90% of the jerseys he was selling as game used were game issued. I emailed him a few times about various jerseys telling him they weren't game used and his response is always basically if you want it buy it if not don't.

He has outbid me on a few auctions and usually has them listed on ebay within hours of the auction closing for 3 times what he got them for or more.

Other than all that he seems like an honest seller :D

short84
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Lots of new items being listed hourly with low starting bids. Good luck finding good deals on game used jerseys:) .

BULBUS
06-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I asked the seller (dalcowbill) if these were the same jerseys, and if so, why isn't he mentioning the fact that it is game issued jersey and it comes with a Steiner LOA:

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120435515384

Steiner Sports: http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=105826788&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=106173498

As of yet, he has not responded.

-Chris

short84
06-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Did you ever get a response? SusieQ

BULBUS
06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
No response. I guess if his prices were a little more realistic, he would sell more, and more people would complain.

I just received my jerseys and stadium turf placks yesterday. Nice jerseys, good price. The two game used jerseys (Jason Fabini and Keon Lattimore), show nice use. Too bad the Prova system is no longer online.

-Chris

buckeyegamers
06-24-2009, 02:45 PM

I have 2 2005 Giants jerseys and 1 each from 2006 and 2007. All came directly from the Giants, none have a "W" and one of them is absolutely "hammered" so I know it was used in a game.

buckeyegamers
06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Back to the topic at hand I picked up a pair of Bobby Carpenter Cowboys jerseys from the Steiner auctions....one team issued and one game used. Thay arrrived today. I got in a bidding war on the gamer and paid a little more than necessary.

hockeytigers
06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm still waiting for my jerseys...should come tomorrow...:)

kings418
06-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Picked up the Leonard Davis helmet. Looks like it has pretty good wear. I can't wait to get it.

Vince

jv225
06-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Picked up the Leonard Davis helmet. Looks like it has pretty good wear. I can't wait to get it.

Vince

I almost bid on that one too but I bought 3 Cowboys helmets within the last couple months so I had to hold back :D Plus I have my eye on a few jerseys coming up.