PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the current configuration of Gameusedforum.com

gwh11
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Dear Chris C., et.al,
I was wondering if any changes to the current configuration of the forum are in the offing, or would be considered.

The forum has become so large and successful, that I believe a further segmentation of categories, namely by sport, may be useful.

Joe Bettinelli's old game-used equipment form, myhalloffame.com, offered separate categories for baseball, basketball and football (gameworn.net has cornered the market on hockey, so perhaps there's little need for that here). That seemed to work well.

Currently, the forum is dominated by posts addressing modern baseball (not that there's anything wrong with that). Those interested in football, for example, often turn to digging around for the popular "Show me your NFL stuff" thread, which is resuscitated for a few days, then drops off the radar.

So I guess I'm wondering about the feasibility or inclination you might have in redeveloping the structure of the forum to better differentiate between sports.

Looking forward to any thoughts you may have about this,

Guy

34swtns
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Co-sign the idea of a separate football forum.
Badly needed and long overdue.

5kRunner
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
How about sub-forums under the Game Used Mem. Forum? Possible?

That way general topics could stay in this forum, and sport specific topics could go in their own sub-forum.

Just a thought to add to the seperate forum discussion.