PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Posada Used Catchers Gear???

Gameusedfan1
06-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I dont know if anyone has been paying attention to Steiner's recent auctions but they have been selling Posada Used 08 Shin Guards and Face Mask from about $2000-$2500, Doesnt that seem kinda riduculous to anyone but me. Is that stuff really worth that much? Just madness.

yanks12025
06-12-2009, 05:20 AM
The thing i noticed was the facemask bars were blue while the mask he wore last year or 2007 was steel color. But i dont know if it's just the photo they used for the stock or if it would come steel color.

suave1477
06-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Does the price seem ridiculous yes maybe!!

But here are some variables you have to consider.

1) Catchers gear is rare - similar to a fielding glove, catchers will wear the same gear for the season. So that means theres not a lot out there.

2) Posada hardly ever lets go of his own catchers gear he keeps most of his own stuff. So that makes it even harder to get his stuff and even more rare.

3) With Posadas legacy with the Yankees and possible future hof. Makes it even that much more desirable to pick up a super rare items like those.

Posada had an auction recently and he put in it some of his own catchers equipment and they sold if I remember correctly for about the same amount if not maybe a little more.

Gameusedfan1
06-14-2009, 10:20 AM
If you guy had to pick, would you rather have a face mask or shin guards? I am leaning towards the face mask to go with my jersey, but I could always get the shin guards and pants.

metsbats
06-14-2009, 09:01 PM
For 2000-2500 you should be getting the chest protector too. I'd rather have a full set (chest protector, shin guards, mask). Many years ago I was able to purchase my Gary Carter shin guards and chest protector off of ebay. The mask was listed but I didn't have the funds to get all three.

Now i regret not getting the face mask at the time it was offered.

Gameusedfan1
06-14-2009, 09:38 PM
For 2000-2500 you should be getting the chest protector too. I'd rather have a full set (chest protector, shin guards, mask). Many years ago I was able to purchase my Gary Carter shin guards and chest protector off of ebay. The mask was listed but I didn't have the funds to get all three.

Now i regret not getting the face mask at the time it was offered.

Yea I hear what your saying, but I personally wouldnt be paying anywhere near that price. So price aside, which do you think?