PDA

View Full Version : Justin Morneau Game Used Minor League Jersey

thestork7
06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
(this was up a couple weeks ago, but was deleted for exceeding the max asking price, I assume)

This is Justin Morneau's home 2001 Quad City River Bandits jersey. It was acquired from someone in the QC office. I was informed that this jersey was on display in their front office, and when QC changed affilliations (to the Cardinals) naturally, this jersey was taken down. The 100-years patch is not present on this particular jersey, though. According to baseball reference, Justin hit .356 in this jersey..before being called up. The jersey shows light-moderate use.

I'm asking $500 delivered, which includes shipment via USPS with delivery confirmation/tracking numbers, and insurance.

Great piece of memorablia of the '06 AL MVP!
Email: baseballnuta17@aol.com

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/_Mauer7_/GU%20Stuff/Morneau003.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/_Mauer7_/GU%20Stuff/Morneau001.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/_Mauer7_/GU%20Stuff/IMG_3368.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/_Mauer7_/GU%20Stuff/IMG_3367.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/_Mauer7_/GU%20Stuff/IMG_3369.jpg

hblakewolf
06-11-2009, 07:05 PM
The jersey you claim is Morneau's appears to have the black sleeves actually sewn as part of the jersey. Likewise, the one sleeve has the AIS logo embroidered in red.

The various shots of Morneau I've located all have him wearing an actual vest, with a true undershirt . Likewise, these shots show the minor league patch sewn on the one shoulder.

Do you have any additional photos or information that may assist in authenticating this jersey as actually being worn by Morneau?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Mr.3000
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm no expert...but..

If I'm not mistaken Howard, the first pic you provided appears to show Justin wearing a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeved jersey.

Again, I may be mistaken but that's what it looks like to me.

My observation is in no way stating my opinion on the validity of the jersey itself that is being presented.

hblakewolf
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Check out the placement of the T and how it lays on the pinstripes.

Now, compare it to the T on this card:

Not a match.

Also looks like a Rawlings logo on the sleeve, not AIS. Again, the minor league patch is present on the other sleeve (not found on the jersey for sale).

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

hblakewolf
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Check out the placement of the T and how it lays on the pinstripes.

Now, compare it to the T on this card:

Not a match.

Also looks like a Rawlings logo on the sleeve, not AIS. Again, the minor league patch is present on the other sleeve (not found on the jersey for sale).

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Shoudl have said the placement of the r in River, not the t-sorry.

Howard Wolf

chakes89
06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
It also appears to be missing the 100 Year Minor League Anniversary patch

Unless that is on the undershirt

chakes89
06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
It also appears to be missing the 100 Year Minor League Anniversary patch

Unless that is on the undershirt
Whoops

Missed that you already said that Howard

hblakewolf
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
The biggest clue is the placement of the r, as previously noted. The shirt for sale has the pinstripe running directly down the middle of the r, yet the photos clearly have the r positioned differently.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

thestork7
06-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Hmmm..geez. The only pic I was able to find of him when I was originally going after this jersey in a trade was the first one (the baseball card). I couldn't tell from the pic whether or not it was an undershirt, or the sewn-on. The AIS logo and the "R" differences I hadn't noticed before either.........this must be from a different year then, which stinks..as this wasn't too easy of an acquisition. I'll go ahead and take the orig. post down.

I wish I would have known about this site when I originally purchased it..

nomarmauerfan
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I was offered this jersey before stork and did not take it based on what was said here. There was no sign of the 100th anniversary patch, not even a sign that it had been removed. I also noticed the logo on the shirt (and it is one piece). However, if you look at Joe Mauer's Quad Cities minor league card, you will see that the AIS logo is clearly identified. So, there could have been some carryover in what was worn. To my knowledge, through extensive research and speaking with Morneau myself, he wore the AIS away jersey that I own. He held it up for a few minutes and asked where I had gotten it b/c he hadn't seen it since he played for Quad Cities. He was absolutely sure that he had worn mine. Also, in speaking to a fan of the River Bandits (I really wanted to make sure before I traded for my jersey and found someone in that area that I spoke with), he clearly remembers the team making a big deal out of the 100th Anniversary logo. To his recollection, it was only worn for part of the season. Again, I don't know if Morneau ever wore this particular jersey that stork is offering. All of the card companies were still using film vs. digital images, so, no further photos could be obtained. It was a strange year in Quad Cities b/c flooding took out their field for most of the season. So, there was some extra coverage of the team that year. Maybe you can find someone in the area to look up some articles in the local paper. Again, I'm not sure Morneau wore that jersey. However, he was very confident that he wore mine. I hope this helps in some way.

Mike