PDA

View Full Version : OT- Ebay format

Mac670
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I know before E-bay was trying to change its look. But I never liked the new look and I always opted out of the beta trial. Now I see the trial now all the time, but I don't see the opt out link. Is this it? Why change things that don't need changing. When will internet sites learn. just make minor changes. Am I making too much of this?

Anthony

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I know before E-bay was trying to change its look. But I never liked the new look and I always opted out of the beta trial. Now I see the trial now all the time, but I don't see the opt out link. Is this it? Why change things that don't need changing. When will internet sites learn. just make minor changes. Am I making too much of this?

Anthony

I used to always opt out, too. The new format is horrible. But this is it...the old format is gone. No option now. eBay is constantly making completely unnecessary changes, and then they wonder why they struggle. There was just an article in the Wall Street Journal about how eBay is losing the average consumer and becoming a place for big businesses to dump mass surplus. This may be great for some folks, but for us collectors, it is not.

TriplexXxSports
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
one word - MONOPOLY!

Mac670
06-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I still don't see where you can opt-out.

grenda12
06-14-2009, 03:06 PM
The opt out is set but...

I have saved the link for the item page to opt out of the new page format and it goes back to the original one

The link is this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&salenotsupported=true&item=

You can copy and paste the entire link and right after the equal sign type in or copy and paste the item number in. Its works, so far.