PDA

View Full Version : Scub Bag! fair or not?

dodgersfan
06-11-2009, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4247723&sportCat=mlb

Rudy

chakes89
06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Dude needs to have a sex change

rj_lucas
06-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I hope that gentleman gets his house in order before it's too late. At some point, that little act will be subject to judgement by a higher power (and no, I don't mean the readers of this forum :) ).

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I hope that gentleman gets his house in order before it's too late. At some point, that little act will be subject to judgement by a higher power (and no, I don't mean the readers of this forum :) ).

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

And he may just get the tar beat out of him the higher power gets His turn!

I'm not a big Rick Reilly fan (he comes across as a bit pompous), but that was an entertaining article. I love the last line. "Sun hats, tool." Beautiful.

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
And he may just get the tar beat out of him the higher power gets His turn!

I'm not a big Rick Reilly fan (he comes across as a bit pompous), but that was an entertaining article. I love the last line. "Sun hats, tool." Beautiful.

Ugh, no editing. ...before the higher power...

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Ugh, no editing. ...before the higher power...

speaking of no editing, I agree with Rudy that this guy is the king of all scub bags!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy004.gif

skipcarayislegend
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=188318

grenda12
06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Real Nice, definitely a scum bag. Doesnt even get it.

Cant even think of a descent thing to say about his actions. Its people like him that ruin things for the rest of us.

Absolutely dumbfounded!!!!!!!!!!!

sox83cubs84
06-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Real Nice, definitely a scum bag. Doesnt even get it.

Cant even think of a descent thing to say about his actions. Its people like him that ruin things for the rest of us.

Absolutely dumbfounded!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were a dog, I'd lift my leg on him!

Dave M.
Chicago area
HANG IN THERE, WHITE SOX!

allstarsplus
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
The guy is a waste product, but here's what I don't get that teams do gender and age promotions all the time.

So the next time an Al Fred Rava pops up and wants to take a team to court, does the court always find gender or age discrimination?

sammy
06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Follow Shakespeare's advice:

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Follow Shakespeare's advice:

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Sammy, that's a great quote, immediately above the quote from John!

Just kiddin' you, buddy.

David
06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I agree that the guy (“It’s a fishing hat”) has issues. I'm surprised he didn't sue for a free mammogram.

However, as someone who took Shakespeare in college, the Shakespeare quote is commonly misunderstood. It was an nefarious character in Henry VI who said the famous "kill the lawyers" quote. He was wanted anarchy and chaos and believed getting rid of the 'guardians of law' was the best way to achieve it.

Another story concerning Shakespeare and the law is why his house no longer exists. Years time after he died, the government instituted a window tax. Houses were to be taxed by the windows, as rich people tended to have more and bigger and windows. Not wanting to pay the tax, the owner of Shakespeare's old home burned it to the ground.

David
06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I should add that when I first saw the thread title, I thought it referred to a new type of baseball equipment that gave a player an unfair advantage. I clicked on the link see what was a scub bag.