PDA

View Full Version : Yankee pitcher Chien-Ming "Got Wanged" tonight vs Red Sox

gameused
06-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Being a Red Sox fan you gotta love it!

A.J. Burnett loses his first game to the Red Sox on Tuesday.

Yankees lose again tonight and are 0-7 vs Red Sox. Mr. Wangy pulled after just 2 2/3 innings and is 0-4 this year with a 14.34 era "ouch"

Did anybody see the play in the bottom of the 1st where Jason Bay hit a ground ball thru Arod and Jeter and a hard charging Johnny "I got a Puss arm" Damon picks it up and can't make the throw home for an out, I could not believe Damon did not make that throw for an out at home as J.D. Drew scored on the play. I know little leaguers that could made that throw at home plate!

Also, Nick Swisher on a pop fly to right cant make a simple catch for the out and misses the ball, Pedroia gets a ground rule double.

Then to top it off, in the top of the 9th, Yankees meat of their line up comes up to bat and can't score a run on Jonathan Papelbon.

Gotta love it!!

yanks12025
06-11-2009, 05:07 AM
You can love it now but when the year ends the Yankees will be first in the division and then go father then the red sox. Also i know Swisher missed the one but he also made a great catch later in the game that i bet JD would not have made.

Vintagedeputy
06-11-2009, 06:11 AM

Yankees lose again tonight and are 0-7 vs Red Sox. Mr. Wangy pulled after just 2 2/3 innings and is 0-4 this year with a 14.34 era "ouch"

Did anybody see the play in the bottom of the 1st where Jason Bay hit a ground ball thru Arod and Jeter and a hard charging Johnny "I got a Puss arm" Damon picks it up and can't make the throw home for an out, I could not believe Damon did not make that throw for an out at home as J.D. Drew scored on the play. I know little leaguers that could made that throw at home plate!

Also, Nick Swisher on a pop fly to right cant make a simple catch for the out and misses the ball, Pedroia gets a ground rule double.

Then to top it off, in the top of the 9th, Yankees meat of their line up comes up to bat and can't score a run on Jonathan Papelbon.

Gotta love it!!

The Red Sox won by a score of 6 to 5 with the Yankees having the tying run on second.....hardly the blowout of ineptitude that you are trying to portray....

Should we start ragging on Big Popout ? 'cause he's been just oh so good.

Gameusedfan1
06-11-2009, 06:16 AM
I really dont know why the Yanks cant win against the Sox this year. The have looked great for the last month, but this is not a good sign. The Sox are unfortunately just a very good team all around where as the Yanks still need to work on a lot of things. We will get there though.

bigtime59
06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
The Yankee$ losing is always a good thing.
The Red $ox winning stopped being a good thing immediately after the last out of the 2004 World Series.

BULBUS
06-11-2009, 08:30 AM
7-0 vs the Yanks and they are only 1 game up. Too bad they can't play the Yankees every day :p

sox83cubs84
06-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Never mind the ESPN home teams....I wanna see Toronto and/or Tampa Bay make a move!;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

gameused
06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
You can love it now but when the year ends the Yankees will be first in the division and then go father then the red sox. Also i know Swisher missed the one but he also made a great catch later in the game that i bet JD would not have made.

I've been hearing this from Yankee fans since 2004, should have, would have, could have!

Game just ended, Yankees 0-8 vs the Red Sox!

Yankees bullpen blows it again, inexperience on the part of coach Giradi, left Sabathia in too long and should have go to Rivera in the 8th.

Papelbon facing the top of the line up in the 9th, sits them down in order.....Gotta love it!!

Oh yeah Vintagedeputy, Papi's coming around, the great hitters they all go thru slumps, HR off of CC tonight, he goes 2-4 with an rbi and walk. 2 Hr's vs Yanks in the series!

Yankwood
06-11-2009, 10:26 PM

Gotta love it!!

Does this qualify as gloating? Sheeesh, how would you be acting if you contributed anything more than sitting on the couch?

cjclong
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Glad the Red Sox fan enjoyed the game. People complain about Yankee fans, but I don't recall Yankee fans posting the details of a three game series when they beat Boston regularly over the years. Guess that' what happens when winning is new to you.

yanks12025
06-12-2009, 01:42 PM
It must be Ortiz's new "Eyedrops". I still think it's pretty sad the red sox can only beat the yankees. Tough luck we did not take 5 from the 8 because your team would be in 3rd.

Vintagedeputy
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
ok, riddle me this Batman.....

The Red Sox and Yankees have virtually identical records, save for the past 2 games.

This means, the only team that Yankees are having a real problem with are the Red Sox. The Red Sox, on the other hand, can't really beat much of anyone else in the AL, aside from the Yankees.

Guess which one will have a better record come September?

The Red Sox can't play the Yankees every day. Enjoy your 0-8. It'll make for good conversation when you are watching the Yankees in the playoffs on tv.

FENWAY
06-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Sox have made three west coast trips. Yanks zero.

Who's your Daddy

Vintagedeputy
06-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Sox have made three west coast trips. Yanks zero.

Who's your Daddy

If we remove the 8 games from either side, as if they were never played....

The Red Sox would be 28-24

The Yankees would be 34-18

I'm your daddy.

kellsox
06-12-2009, 04:16 PM
If we remove the 8 games from either side, as if they were never played....

The Red Sox would be 28-24

The Yankees would be 34-18

I'm your daddy.

Why would we remove those 8 games? I went to one of the games in April, does that mean I really didn't go?? If you pick 8 games that the yankees lost to not count, can I pick 8 games that the Sox lost to not count?? The argument is foolish. One team has beaten the other 8 straight times and is 2 games up in the standings- bottom line. If it were the other way around I'm sure Yankee fans would be chirping about it.
k

Vintagedeputy
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Why would we remove those 8 games? I went to one of the games in April, does that mean I really didn't go?? If you pick 8 games that the yankees lost to not count, can I pick 8 games that the Sox lost to not count?? The argument is foolish. One team has beaten the other 8 straight times and is 2 games up in the standings- bottom line. If it were the other way around I'm sure Yankee fans would be chirping about it.
k

The point is, to illustrate how well each team did against the rest of the league. Sox fans are all over this 0-8 thing but fail to realize that their record against everyone else is not so stellar.

kellsox
06-12-2009, 04:36 PM
The point is, to illustrate how well each team did against the rest of the league. Sox fans are all over this 0-8 thing but fail to realize that their record against everyone else is not so stellar.
Oh- that still makes no sense. I'd rather my team be 8-0 against their rival and 2 games up overall, regardless of how they do in other games, but that's just me. I guess Yankee fans have to pretend games don't happen to soften the news.

Vintagedeputy
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh- that still makes no sense. I'd rather my team be 8-0 against their rival and 2 games up overall, regardless of how they do in other games, but that's just me. I guess Yankee fans have to pretend games don't happen to soften the news.

typical...

Nathan
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Wang's useful MLB career is basically over at this point. I said after last season that if he didn't pick it up quickly, 2008 would be the last we'd see of him pitching at a respectable level.

Every study into what single thing can best predict what will cause a pitcher to have wild fluctuations in year-to-year performance and a short career comes back to strikeouts. It's pretty elementary to think about; if a pitcher strikes out very few batters, he's putting a ton of balls into play. Unless he's a sinkerball pitcher who watches hitters mash balls into the ground, inevitably he's going to get hit hard.

The only exception to the study, by the way, is Lew Burdette. Then again, he never walked anybody and also led the league in hits allowed three times and earned runs twice.

jobathenut
06-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Vintage-I got to give you credit for trying.But remember,as fish got to swim,and birds got to fly, haters have to hate.So you can't make sense to "haters".And certainly can't try to make a logical point to "homers".Because thier team can do no wrong.So it's pointless to even try to have a logical discussion with them.Might as well talk to the wall.All you're going to get are insults from them.But you get a "A" for effort.

gameused
06-13-2009, 03:32 AM
It must be Ortiz's new "Eyedrops". I still think it's pretty sad the red sox can only beat the yankees. Tough luck we did not take 5 from the 8 because your team would be in 3rd.

Yeah it's the new Ortiz eyedrops, maybe Wang, Swisher and Damon should try a few drops! Also, how can you say tough luck, when no luck was involved in the sweep over your Yanks, it's just plain and simple.....the better team won!

The one thing I noticed about most Yankee fans, it's easy to get under their skin, they can talk smack when their team is riding high, but can't take it when they don't perform.

The Yanks finally one a game tonight on an error by Mets 2nd baseman Luis Castillo (Luis should try some of the Papi eye drops too!), the way they were celebrating, jumping around Arod, after the game, you would think he hit a walk off HR and won game 7 of the World Series. Anyway we all know that aint gonna happen anytime soon, not with that bullpen or Manager.

yanks12025
06-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Game,
Your missing the needle coming out of the top of your eyedrop box. And your guys wins were luck, if Rivera was able to save the first game it would be alot different. And i agree with you on the manager, but the yankees will go farther then the red sox this year.

FENWAY
06-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Hilarious. What if he just hit a homer....what if he didn't groove one. John Sterling is starting to rub off on you guys.

markize
06-13-2009, 07:43 AM
It's funny that this thread served no real purpose other than to bait Yankees fans. You don't see Yankees fans starting threads about how many WS titles the Yankees have won compared to the Sox. The difference is that for the Sox fans, beating the yankees 8 times straight is like a WS win. They have nothing else to be happy about. Let's talk about all the consecutive wins the yankees had over the sox in the AL title games.

Now if were going to talk if, what if Damon would have caught the fly ball in the outfield, or Swisher for that matter, or the ball Arod booted. There is always an if, but the game is played till the last out. The Yankees have been all over sox pitching, they have just not capitalized on the tons of runners in scoring position. There is no excuse for that, they are pros, and need to get the job done, but didn't. It's a 162 game season, and just like ebay, there is no prize for being in first during the auction (or season). But that's the thing, the sox aren't used to being at first when the auction (season) ends. So congrats to you sox fans, your leading the race, but with 8 wins over the Yankees, your only up 2 games. Keep looking over your shoulder, theyankees will be right there. They put themselves in a position to win, it just doesn't always happen. Just like the dropped pop up against the Mets. They were down, got runners on, and played till the last out, and wound up with a win.

mark

Vintagedeputy
06-13-2009, 05:50 PM
It's funny that this thread served no real purpose other than to bait Yankees fans. You don't see Yankees fans starting threads about how many WS titles the Yankees have won compared to the Sox.

Truer words my friend, truer words....

gameused
06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Game,
Your missing the needle coming out of the top of your eyedrop box. And your guys wins were luck, if Rivera was able to save the first game it would be alot different. And i agree with you on the manager, but the yankees will go farther then the red sox this year.

Yanks,
Wow......your original......."Your missing the needle coming out of the top of your eyedrop box", is that the best you can come up with? Don't get me going with the roid topic, as we know Arod, Pettitte, Giambi and Clemens are known Yankee steroid users.

Also, your you comment on "Luck" that whole sentence is filled with if's & and's, "If Rivera did this" "and your guys wins were luck", give me a break and stop the excuses!

BULBUS
06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Don't get me going with the roid topic, as we know Arod, Pettitte, Giambi and Clemens are known Yankee steroid users.

Gotta love the Sox fans who bring up the roids issue. As more Boston players are proven to have been users, especially those from the championship teams, maybe those fans will be quiet.

bigtime59
06-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Gotta love the Sox fans who bring up the roids issue. As more Boston players are proven to have been users, especially those from the championship teams, maybe those fans will be quiet.

As more and more is known about the "steroid era" all fans are going to have to learn to "be quiet." Compared to what the players are going to be
using in 5-10 years, steroids are going to look unbelievably crude.

The thing that every fan of teams not called Yankee$, Red $ox, Mets, Dodgers and Cubs should be livid about--and I mean pitchforks and torches livid--is MLB's archaic and unfair division of "old" (read: local) revenues. Until at least 75% of local revenues (and not from the cooked books, either...no YES paying the Yankee$ pennies on the dollar to keep the cash away from revenue sharing; no having the other 29 teams pay for Albert Speer's ATM/Airport lobby in the Bronx) the MLB season is a race with 30 different starting lines. And a race with 30 different starting lines cannot be fair.