PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Mebmer Midwestfan09

SkubeBats
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Changed His User Name From Uwmrules09 To Midwestfan09. Warning: Look At Past Posts About Him. Jt (james Tower) Why Do You Need To Change Your Username...stay Away Nothing But Trouble!!

cordovacollector
06-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the heads up, Jamie! I appreciate it. Sure wish I would have known before I made three purchases from him. I really can't afford to get burned.

Is it a GUF rule that you can't use two IDs ... or more? All of a sudden this is happening this month. Hope the Admins chime in here.

Thank you!

cordovacollector
06-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Changed His User Name From Uwmrules09 To Midwestfan09. Warning: Look At Past Posts About Him. Jt (james Tower) Why Do You Need To Change Your Username...stay Away Nothing But Trouble!!

Administrators: There are a few of us concerned here. The IDs and email addresses are all the same fellow selling to us and there are a lot of complaints now and in the past. I have three purchases not received.

GUU IDs

UMWrules09
Midwestfan09

Email Addresses

tolerjr@yahoo.com (tolerjr@yahoo.com)
midwestfan09@yahoo.com
raytownkid09@yahoo.com (raytownkid09@yahoo.com)

jv225
06-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Just to let you guys know I bought a bat from midwestfan09 and paid for it on 5-20-09 and just received it yesterday. It took a long time to ship and I was starting to worry but I did get the bat. I didn't know he had other user names.

Jim

skipcarayislegend
06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I can't believe people continue to do business with this guy, nor I do understand why he's allowed to keep posting here. My one and only experience with James (or whatever his name is) was through ebay. Based on that experience alone, I have no desire to deal with him again.

cordovacollector
06-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Does anyone out there know if he is also:

GUU ID: YankeesFan09

Using email addressess:

reb2351@yahoo.com (yahoo.comjimsutphin@bex.net)
jimsutphin@bex.net (jimsutphin@bex.net)

If this is not the same fellow, I apologize. But I am trying to find the extent to which he is embedded on this board.

cordovacollector
06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
... My one and only experience with James (or whatever his name is) was through ebay. Based on that experience alone, I have no desire to deal with him again.

What was his eBay ID back then? Thanks!

joelsabi
06-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I can't believe people continue to do business with this guy, nor I do understand why he's allowed to keep posting here. My one and only experience with James (or whatever his name is) was through ebay. Based on that experience alone, I have no desire to deal with him again.

whats his ebayid?

stretch
06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
The Admins should be able to do an IP check and provide us with all the emails/user name he uses on this site.

skipcarayislegend
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
What was his eBay ID back then? Thanks!

whats his ebayid?

I don't recall, unfortunately. It's been over a year. I'm sure he uses more than one anyway.

ChrisCavalier
06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

We will be looking into the use of multiple IDs on the site. If identified, the user(s) will be evaluated in accordance with the administrative rules of the forum specificed under the 'Forum Rules' thread in the 'Forum Policies' folder. We will let you know as soon as we have had the chance to look into it.

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

We will be looking into the use of multiple IDs on the site. If identified, the user(s) will be evaluated in accordance with the administrative rules of the forum specificed under the 'Forum Rules' thread in the 'Forum Policies' folder. We will let you know as soon as we have had the chance to look into it.

Chris - on behalf of the large number of us who are sick of some members pulling this crap, thanks very much looking into this. This is but one of a handful of recent threads about certain GUU members chronically abusing the rules at the disrespect and expense of GUU administrators and fellow members. Thanks again.

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
So what all of you guys are saying is I shouldn't go through with a trade with him that I was working out?!! Thank god for these post, he had a bat I want but wanted to trade. Thanks everyone for the heads up and I hope you all get your purchases or at least your money back, good luck Helen with your 5 purchases.

Mr.3000
06-11-2009, 03:51 PM
So what all of you guys are saying is I shouldn't go through with a trade with him that I was working out?!! Thank god for these post, he had a bat I want but wanted to trade. Thanks everyone for the heads up and I hope you all get your purchases or at least your money back, good luck Helen with your 5 purchases.

I would avoid dealing with him.

sportscentury
06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I would avoid dealing with him.

Why would anyone deal with someone who is chronically shady? When this type of activity pattern is discerned, it is always best to do a 180 and not look back.

stretch
06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
VC, I would consider doing the trade only if he mails you the item first. You have reason to believe that he'll screw you over, so I would take no risk, and only mail once you've received.

the3lads
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi:

This is for ADMIN.

My user ID is the3lads as you can see. This is my paid subscription id that I have used since 2007. I previously used a different id when I first joined as a non-paying member, however that id is still there, I guess. The reason I subscribed with a new id is at the time for some reason my subscription would not go through with my old id. So, my question is will my old id ( mosapie) remain, even if I do not use it?

the3lads
06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi:

This is for ADMIN.

My user ID is the3lads as you can see. This is my paid subscription id that I have used since 2007. I previously used a different id when I first joined as a non-paying member, however that id is still there, I guess. The reason I subscribed with a new id is at the time for some reason my subscription would not go through with my old id. So, my question is will my old id ( mosapie) remain, even if I do not use it?

Just would like to make it clear that the3lads is my id. I do not use the original mosapie id, as you should be able to tell from the number of posts and non-use of my original id. So please delete it if you can, as is gathering dust!

cordovacollector
06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Does anyone out there know if he is also:

GUU ID: YankeesFan09

Using email addressess:
reb2351@yahoo.com (yahoo.comjimsutphin@bex.net)

jimsutphin@bex.net (jimsutphin@bex.net)

If this is not the same fellow, I apologize. But I am trying to find the extent to which he is embedded on this board.

Today he provided the PayPal Claims Investigation Dept. with a fake USPS tracking number for the two purchases.

Anyone else do business with YankeesFan09: Steve Rogers a.k.a. Jim/James Sutphin a.k.a. JT/James Toler. Remember ... he's a big JJ Redick fan! Has he tried to sell ya his jersey yet?

Mr.3000
06-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Today he provided the PayPal Claims Investigation Dept. with a fake USPS tracking number for the two purchases.

Anyone else do business with YankeesFan09: Steve Rogers a.k.a. Jim/James Sutphin a.k.a. JT/James Toler. Remember ... he's a big JJ Redick fan! Has he tried to sell ya his jersey yet?

CC,

Please....contact your local police. I am sure you have his address (atleast one of them). Then contact his local PD. You have enough ammo to file theft charges, mail fraud and Internet fraud.

I did Internet security for 6 years. You'd be surprised how many PD's and/or Sheriff's Dept's are willing to help. You might just pursuade them to pay this thief a visit at his job or his house. Trust me...I've seen it first hand.

Go the extra step and nail this clown to the wall.

cordovacollector
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Gonna let PayPal take care of him first.

And hopefully Chris Cavalier will look at more IDs and emails than we have found in just two days. I'd like to see how many of these guys are using the same ISP!!

I hadn't even gotten to Googling them yet. Thanks for helping on that end.

Next I am planning to pull ISPs from their emails and iPod messages.

mvandor
06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Gonna let PayPal take care of him first.

And hopefully Chris Cavalier will look at more IDs and emails than we have found in just two days. I'd like to see how many of these guys are using the same ISP!!

I hadn't even gotten to Googling them yet. Thanks for helping on that end.

Next I am planning to pull ISPs from their emails and iPod messages.

Curious what the admins found, seems the only way to get to the bottom of things.

godwulf
06-13-2009, 09:35 AM
When the tracking status of a USPS package is "Accepted", does that mean that a package was actually picked up, or only that someone requested that a package be picked up? If the latter, what does the status change to when the package has been picked up?

markize
06-13-2009, 10:12 AM
When the tracking status of a USPS package is "Accepted", does that mean that a package was actually picked up, or only that someone requested that a package be picked up? If the latter, what does the status change to when the package has been picked up?

I believe "accepted" refers to the package being tendered at a post office facility, or after being picked up, being acknowledged as at the facility. If it were scheduled fir pickup, it would be noted as "shipper has notified us of electronic billing", or some wording similar to that. The post office updates their tracking info each evening, so it should happen each night. In the case of priority mail, I have had packages delivered before the info was updated.

mark

markize
06-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I believe "accepted" refers to the package being tendered at a post office facility, or after being picked up, being acknowledged as at the facility. If it were scheduled fir pickup, it would be noted as "shipper has notified us of electronic billing", or some wording similar to that. The post office updates their tracking info each evening, so it should happen each night. In the case of priority mail, I have had packages delivered before the info was updated.

mark

Oops, that's for pickup, not "fir pickup". My fingers got ahead of me!

mark

godwulf
06-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks!

godwulf
06-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I promised that I would keep the board updated on my transaction with midwestfan09...so I am pleased to report that my two bats arrived by Priority mail today.

Btw, just so you know, I am posting this message in three different threads, as all deal specifically with this board member. I think that's only fair.