PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Lang, and my new pick-up --->AMAZING

markize
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
before i get to the pics, i wanted to give some background on my latest pick-up. a few weeks ago i was offered an Alfonso Soriano game used 2006 all-star game BP jersey with MLB holo. i was set to make the purchase when the jersey was "sold" out from under me. during the dealing phase, i had been in touch with Andrew. i told him i would not be adding the jersey to my collection. he put in some work on my behalf, and a few days later emailed me to inform me if i wanted it, he would make it happen for me. or course i jumped at the chance. the thing is, this jersey is a sweet piece of Nationals memorabilia and we all know he owns this market!! the fact that he was willing to allow me to have it instead of adding it to his own collection was very selfless. yes, i know this is nothing we all don't know already, but i was more than happy. i have been dealing with (and emailing back and forth endlessly) Andrew for quite some time, and i just cant say enough good things about him. so THANKS again, Drew!! without further ado, here it is:

Alfosno Soriano 2006 all-star game BP jersey. has pine tar stains on each shoulder, a pine tar stain on the back, and several dirt marks. excellent use for a BP jersey!

pine tar stain

dirt on back

my custom MLb cert (for display purposes only)

dcgreg25
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Great looking jersey!! Andrew is a great resource for Nats items and always seems to be willing to help out a fellow collector. Congrats!

skipcarayislegend
06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice jersey! I haven't worked with Andrew too many times but he's one of best imo, too.
Jason

Gameusedfan1
06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Lol well I guess we now know we bought the jersey from under us. Nice pickup and Im glad you finally got it. I just love the color of these jerseys and I love my Reyes one so much that I find myself considering getting the Pudge and Holliday. These are awesome, nice pickup man.

markize
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks all! Aside from just wanting to show off my new addition, I posted to publicly thank Andrew for passing on a gamer that would have fit just as nicely into his own collection. As mentioned several times in this post, he is great to deal with.

mark

mr.miracle
06-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Andrew Lang is a real asset to this hobby. A finer gentleman and businessman you will not find. He consistently goes out of his way to help collectors out. I just wish everyone was half as good to deal with as Andrew. He is THE MAN.

Mr.3000
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
GREAT looking piece! Congrats. And way to go Andrew for helping yet another fellow collector.

xpress34
06-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Lol well I guess we now know we bought the jersey from under us. Nice pickup and Im glad you finally got it. I just love the color of these jerseys and I love my Reyes one so much that I find myself considering getting the Pudge and Holliday. These are awesome, nice pickup man.

Do you know who has the Holliday??? if so, would you be willing to pass that information along??? I am a big Holliday collector and got fairly close with Matt while he was still here in Colorado.

Thanks -

Chris

Gameusedfan1
06-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Whats your email? I could help you out.

xpress34
06-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Whats your email? I could help you out.

xpress34@comcast.net

Thanks!!!

- Chris

Vintagedeputy
06-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Andrew Land has done more for me than I can ever repay.

markize
06-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Andrew Land has done more for me than I can ever repay.

Jim,

Damn, I must have been missing out all this time-I have been dealing with Andrew Lang! Can you give me Andrew Land's contact info?

mark

allstarsplus
06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Jim,

Damn, I must have been missing out all this time-I have been dealing with Andrew Lang! Can you give me Andrew Land's contact info?

mark

Jim is a funny guy. LOL

Background on the Andrew Land. Anayma Acta who is the sister of the manager of the Nationals Manny Acta calls me Andrewland or Andrew Land or Mr. Land or Seņor Land. She thinks its like Maryland or Mary Land which she finds very amusing. She is a very sweet girl and we hang out a lot at the ballpark.

Since we are Facebook friends Jim and everyone else can enjoy reading it. Sometimes she gets it right on the Andrew Lang!!! She is a sweet 25 year old from the Dominican Republic who can speak English very well. She really knows baseball!!!!

BTW, thanks for all the kind comments as it is always a pleasure helping out a GUU member and in this case a fellow Soriano collector!!! That jersey is nicer than mine based on use although mine was autographed!!!;) I feel like the jersey ended up in the hands of the person who deserved it.

So here is Anayma Acta sitting with their family friend Angel Santana who is one of Soriano's best friends. Here is the funny part and a new mystery.

Click here: Alfonso Soriano 2006 Home Washington Nationals Game Worn All-Star Game Uniform - Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Bat (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/auction/lot.php?id=891)

So I met Angel 2 nights ago at the stadium with Anayma and knew beforehand about his friendship with Alfonso. His English was not good. I had my camera so I stroll through the pics to show him "Mark's" BP jersey. He goes, "I have his (actual game worn) All Star jersey from Pittsburgh". I said I saw that got sold. He says, "Not be, I have it back in Dominican"!

The jersey that sold in the GUU auction above certainly is a legit game used jersey. The question is, did someone add a All Star patch to it or is Angel Santana mistaken? I had heard this before that Alfonso gave away his jersey.

I did some research (lol) on Angel Santana just doing a quick Google search and the 1st thing that popped up was written in a book that confirms Angel's friendship with Alfonso Soriano:

http://books.google.com/books?id=cn1iiBSoj-gC&pg=PA13&lpg=PA13&dq=angel+santana+dodger+scout&source=bl&ots=fqh5kWvHZf&sig=m66chI5ddTwL38nNQHCbdCgSL3g&hl=en&ei=YxwxSp2kMYSNtgfiu6XWBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

I have been invited to the Dominican winter league by the Acta family which I may do and will make a detour to Angel's home to see "his" Alfonso Soriano jersey. My guess is, Angel has it!!! http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/060307wbcscouting.html

Vintagedeputy
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
This summer, I want to take the kids to Andrew Land. I told them that it was a theme park like Disneyland, but it was all about baseball.

markfd
06-12-2009, 06:45 AM
I hope to go to Andrew Land this weekend and pick up my Elijah Dukes HR bat!!! But seriously, Andrew Lang is not only a great guy in the world of GU collecting but I am proud to call him my friend. He is one of the most genuine and nice person I have ever met.

Mark

Markfd@hotmail.com

Always collecting Nationals and Yankees Game Used Items

gameu08
06-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Do you know who has the Holliday??? if so, would you be willing to pass that information along??? I am a big Holliday collector and got fairly close with Matt while he was still here in Colorado.

Thanks -

Chris

shoot me an email I might have something your interested in

allstarsplus
07-07-2009, 10:56 PM

Thanks -

Chris

Chris - I sent you an email with pics of the Holliday as I received it a couple of days ago. Not sure if you are out of town.

thomecollector
07-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone seen a Thome ??