PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner?

skinsfan0521
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
So, I've read tons of posts on here complaining about how much crap CC/STAT sells, but my question is about the stuff that is certified by a real 3rd party.

Is the stuff that they're auctioning off that's certified by PSA/DNA, JSA, STEINER, GAI, etc all legit or are there people accusing them of faking those certificates? Just curious because they do have a TON of stuff that is mostly junk, but there are some decent things sprinkled in that are certified by a legit 3rd party and I'm just wondering if I should be skeptical about those as well?

Thanks and I'd really appreciate hearing any comments that you have!

-Brian

ironmanfan
06-10-2009, 12:02 PM
While the majority of the signed stuff they have is bogus, they do mix some legit items here and there...If the item comes with a PSA/DNA, Steiner cert, you can feel comfortable the item is as advertised (I've actually won 2-3 items from them over the years).

David
06-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I would assume the PSA, Steiner etc stuff is okay. I'd be a bit wary of GAI though.

In general, UDA, Steiner, Tri Star, GTSM, MLB and, several others that don't come to mind as I type, are for in person autographs-- so are very reliable. Also, anything with the player's personal hologram is also from an in person signing and is reliable. PSA/DNA and JSA LOAs are usually for after the fact judgments, which obviously is all that can be done for a Babe Ruth or Bronco Nagurski autograph.

skinsfan0521
06-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it. I pretty much figured that anything with a well known LOA was legit, but I just wanted to double-check because of all the bad things that I've read about (and seen) on CC's auctions.

Anybody else have any opinions/experiences with legit stuff on CC?

Thanks again!

-Brian

sportscentury
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I pretty much figured that anything with a well known LOA was legit

This is an extremely dangerous assumption. There are tons of bad items out there that come with "well known LOA[s]." Best to question every item and research it until you feel confident that it is good, regardless of the LOA.

Marichal27
06-17-2009, 02:16 AM
That place is something else! They even say you can bid on an item you consigned.