PDA

View Full Version : BMH: If I have a Bill # from a box of a bat you sent a scout, what can you tell me?

brianborsch
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
I have the bill# on the box the bat came in. It was a Albert Pujols M9 I13L that is cupped, that was sent to a Sam Suplizio? Any details? Is this a pro model bat?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Brian B

chakes89
06-10-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/Jan/04/grand-junction-benefactor-sam-suplizio-74/

That may or may not be the same person but I doubt there were many baseball people running around with the same name

brianborsch
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah,

That has got to be the same person. I am just curious if this is a pro bat. Obviously it wasn't issued to Pujols, but I am curious if the quality and specs all checkout, and I am curious how/why this was sent to Sam. I have never encountered a bat sent to a scout.

Oh, I am curious because I have the bat now. Its a beauty and I will post it on the pickups section soon...I hope BMH sees this!

bigtruck260
06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah,

That has got to be the same person. I am just curious if this is a pro bat. Obviously it wasn't issued to Pujols, but I am curious if the quality and specs all checkout, and I am curious how/why this was sent to Sam. I have never encountered a bat sent to a scout.

Oh, I am curious because I have the bat now. Its a beauty and I will post it on the pickups section soon...I hope BMH sees this!

There are a couple of scenarios I can think of Brian -

1. He was a Junior College patriarch - and Albert was a legend in his appearances at Maple Woods CC. Maybe they had some interaction during that short period of time.

2. He was a Cardinals instructor at some point. They could have met during Albert's short tenure in the minors.

I have no doubt they crossed paths - but why the bat was sent to him could be one of a number of reasons. I am thinking it was a gift.

brianborsch
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that insight Dave!

Yeah, I have no doubt their paths crossed in their careers. I just want to verify if this is an equivalent as far as quality, length and weight to a Pujols prod model bat that he would use in games.

Meaning it is not game issued per say, but it is better than an autograph model where the length, weight, and qaulity of wood may not be on par to the standard.

BMH
06-11-2009, 07:05 PM
What's the number?

brianborsch
06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Brian!

The Bill# is: 0081565756 and the order # is 721070.

Let me know what you find! Thanks man!

BB

brianborsch
06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
BMH,
Here is some additional detail(bill# and order# in message above): The bat is 34 inch M9 and completely unfinished. I do not know the weight as I do not have a scale, but is has a pretty deep cup. The Bat reads:

Genuine I13L
Albert Pujols
St. Louis Cardinals

It has a large knob.

Let me know! Thanks!

BMH
06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
It was sold to Troy Adams, one of our head reps with Athletic Goods. It was most likely a gift to this Sam gentlemen.

9/22/05
34in/no weight
No finish.

brianborsch
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the detail! So it is not a pro quality or a pro model bat?

BMH
06-12-2009, 11:03 PM
No, just a Pro quality souvie.

I have a lawyer friend who has gotten me out of a lot of tickets. In return he's had the bats for the starting line up of the Yankees for the past three years. I do the same thing, every thing is in spec but the weight might not be.

chakes89
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Would love to have one of those for Jay Bruce

:D

brianborsch
06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Brian! I will eventually get a scale to see how much it actually weighs. I hope it is close to Pujols actual weight. That would be cool. Certainly a nice bat!

brianborsch
06-13-2009, 09:55 PM
BMH,

If for whatever reason, the weight checks out to be a weight that matches with Pujols preferred weight of his bats, then would this be an equivalent to a pro-model bat since the cut, wood, and weight would then be to Pujol's specs? In that case the only thing different from the bats Pujols used is that this one was not issued to him. So obviously it is not a game issued bat, but could be a pro model since none of the features point to store model right? Help me define this one as I bet a bat like this does not get into circulation often. Thanks!