PDA

View Full Version : Question for Atlanta members

coxfan
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I live 200 miles from Atlanta and can only visit there occasionally. But when I was at the Braves' Clubhouse Store on June 6 I was surprised at the meager selection. They had no dugout lineup sheets except for a few left from 2007. Only about three game-used bats were available, all in the higher-priced categories.

This is quite different from my visits there the past two years, where plentiful lineup sheets and lower-priced bats were for sale. What gives? Are they not stocking g-u items anymore, or these items being grabbed by dealers or collectors?

Mauer7
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
KyleHess is probably buying alot of it.

skipcarayislegend
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Coxfan, it's a little of everything. They've never consistently had a huge selection of g/u. Every once in a while, a handful of bats or jerseys will show up, but the selection is typically and always has been relatively sparse. Haven't seen hats, helmets, bases or balls in there for well over a year. It's been discussed here before, but their pricing can be odd, which also contributes to what you do and don't see. Broken bats of McCann, Frenchy, Escobar, Tex, etc for $500; lineup cards for $50; game worn jerseys for $25. Not surprisingly, the same bats and lineup cards have been collecting dust for months and months. But the $25 shirts are usually there and gone in one or two days. A lot g/u collectors live in Atlanta. I do, Kyle does, hiramman, etc. When it comes to picking up decent g/u at the Clubhouse Store, it's more about getting lucky than anything else.

coxfan
06-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the informative replies. When my wife and I go to Braves' games, it requires a 400-mile round trip with usually a hotel night. I like to return with something game-used that's more substantial than my ticket, but it sounds like that's going to be an ongoing challenge.

gameused
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the informative replies. When my wife and I go to Braves' games, it requires a 400-mile round trip with usually a hotel night. I like to return with something game-used that's more substantial than my ticket, but it sounds like that's going to be an ongoing challenge.

Contact Lisa Wessinger: Lisa.Wessinger@braves.com

She's the Braves merchandise coordinator, she can help you find a specific item and they do have a mailing list that they send out, with game used items for sale.

Bobby

skipcarayislegend
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Lisa's great to work with. Coxfan, I have some recent g/u lists she sent out in case you want to see them. Post an email address below if you do. A lot of what's on them may still be available. At one point, they offered a bulk package and I don't believe anyone took them up on it.

coxfan
06-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks! Giving me Lisa's address is very helpful. Since my space is limited, I'll try sending her my interests, and see what kind of reply I get.

coxfan
06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Giving me Lisa's contact e-mail was good, as she was very helpful and I've received something through her assistance that was not available in the Braves' store. However, the items I asked about ( balls and lineup sheets, because of my space limits) were available only in meager quantities. No balls at all, and lineup sheets only through 2008. So it's still a mystery why more's not being certified and sold, at least at this time.