PDA

View Full Version : Is this a possible photomatch?

Mauer7
06-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I am new to photo matching jersey's and I know this picture isnt the greatest. The jersey is on its way to me and I was just looking at some pictures based on what he gave me.

I am looking at the alignment and spacing of the pinstripes around the "1"

Is it close? Something I should consider looking closer at once it arrives? There arent many photos of Castillo in a Twins Uni out there.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Mauer7
06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Forgot photos.

spartakid
06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Looks pretty close to me and the 3 looks close as well. I would definitely get better pics and pursue this. Ricardo

sportscentury
06-08-2009, 11:10 PM
A definite possibility. As an aside, that is an absolutely awful photo the seller provided to you. I suddenly feel much better about my camera and photography skills. Let us know how it turns out ... and best of luck.

suicide_squeeze
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Looks like a match to me...

The pinstripes line up with the MLB logo patch, the nameplate, the number "1", and the number "3" on the sleeve....I can't find one line that disproves it as a match.

But I have to ask....is this seller legit?

It looks like he took that picture with a "night vision" camera while snooping through the Twins locker room at 3:00 A.M.???

Mauer7
06-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I have never done business with this seller before and he did give me a pretty sweet deal. He also shipped first thing Monday like I asked and provided me with a signature confirmation number like I asked. I paid with paypal, so I should be OK. He answered all questions about the jersey that I had, so I don't feel too uncomfortable with this purchase. I should have it in a couple days. I will post better photos then.

Thanks for all your help.

Looks like a match to me...

The pinstripes line up with the MLB logo patch, the nameplate, the number "1", and the number "3" on the sleeve....I can't find one line that disproves it as a match.

But I have to ask....is this seller legit?

It looks like he took that picture with a "night vision" camera while snooping through the Twins locker room at 3:00 A.M.???

sportscentury
06-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I have never done business with this seller before and he did give me a pretty sweet deal. He also shipped first thing Monday like I asked and provided me with a signature confirmation number like I asked. I paid with paypal, so I should be OK. He answered all questions about the jersey that I had, so I don't feel too uncomfortable with this purchase. I should have it in a couple days. I will post better photos then.

Thanks for all your help.

Mauer, I don't think anyone was suggesting that you should feel at all uncomfortable ... we were just commenting on the brutal quality of the seller's photo. Some people are not all that technologically advanced, but that doesn't mean they are not honest sellers with terrific gamers for sale. We'll look forward to seeing the definitive match when it arrives - I agree with the others that everything looks good so far.

Mauer7
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
So I finally received this jersey. Whattya think? Looks good to me, but would like other opinions as well.

spartakid
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
I would say you have a match. Looks good to me.

Rob L
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes, not only do the pinstripes letter/numbers match, but the thread over the "O" is visible in the photo. Nice jersey!!!

kylehess10
06-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes, not only do the pinstripes letter/numbers match, but the thread over the "O" is visible in the photo. Nice jersey!!!

oh yea....that loose thread should make it a definite match now. No doubt about it

sportscentury
06-17-2009, 03:00 PM
True photomatches are based on the totality of uniquely distinguishing features of the item in question. This is a true photomatch ... which is refreshing to see. Beautiful jersey; thanks for sharing it on GUU.