PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen it all

Mr.3000
06-06-2009, 12:48 PM
:rolleyes:

I know the seller is a member here, this is not an attack on him or his item...it's merely an observation and my point of view.

This seriously has to be the most disgusting and disturbing thing I've seen since making the decision to collect game used memorabilia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-Game-Used-Worn-JOCK-STRAP-Jockstrap_W0QQitemZ190312760845QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c4f86460d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

As soon as I saw it I called my wife to come see. After having a good laugh together she said..."If you EVER think of bringing a nasty piece of (explative) like that into our home....don't come home"

LOL I love my wife.

Not sure how anyone (male) could be proud to own an article of clothing (game used or not) that's rubbed againt another mans genitalia for the better part of a day.

allstarsplus
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Come on. The Cardinals sold URINALS from Busch Stadium which was fairly disgusting. To each their own.

Some people like oddball (pun intended) items and maybe the seller is using it for publicity for his other game used items because as they say bad publicity is usually good pubicity~I can see this making National news!!! If Fig is smart, he should make a call to ESPN or spend the money and put out his own Press Release on PR Newswire.

So don't be pissed off, its at least been washed! ;)

suicide_squeeze
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Maybe he should change his user name to "Fig Leaf" sports?:p

suicide_squeeze
06-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I'll bet A-Rod's wife wins it.

Then she'll immediately have it taken by her attorneys to a lab and have it tested for Madonna DNA to help her in the divorce settlement....

metsbats
06-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Tfig is one of our own members (Tom):p

Good luck with auction Tom!

gingi79
06-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks jock straps just aren't easily displayed? How ballsy do you have to be to make a case for this item? If it sold well, would you get cocky?

And on a side note, why doesn't JJ Putz sell his jocks? Seems like a natural combination, Putz and jocks.

I'm going to stop writing this post now, before you all think I'm nuts.

TFig27
06-06-2009, 04:09 PM
:d

allstarsplus
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Am I the only one who thinks jock straps just aren't easily displayed? How ballsy do you have to be to make a case for this item? If it sold well, would you get cocky?

And on a side note, why doesn't JJ Putz sell his jocks? Seems like a natural combination, Putz and jocks.

I'm going to stop writing this post now, before you all think I'm nuts.

Good job!!! You didn't like my "pubicity", come on, that was originial!!!

cordovacollector
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
... as they say bad publicity is usually good pubicity~

Sorry, AllStars, I shoulda posted when I read your clever play on words. But I thought you could maybe hear the loud groin from all the guys on the board.

:cool:

gingi79
06-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Good job!!! You didn't like my "pubicity", come on, that was originial!!!

Honestly Andrew, I am lazy and missed it. I am cockeyed you know.

jonincleve
06-06-2009, 06:46 PM
how come you didn't get a model to wear your game used piece like the AMI girls?

don't you need a mannequin for the display?

you can build something to hang on the wall what wood would you use....how about wal-NUT.

couldn't resist :)
john

halzeus
06-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm petered-out from reading all of the puns in this post.

It wasn't too long before the listing got an offer.

TFig27
06-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Haha. Read this email I received:

Dear tfig27,

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

190312760845 - ALEX RODRIGUEZ Game Used Worn JOCK STRAP Jockstrap

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

For health and safety reasons, used underwear cannot be sold on eBay.

Adult items that are not appropriate for people under age 18 must be listed in the Adult Only category. Also some items -- like used underwear -- cannot be sold on eBay because of health and hygiene concerns.

Nathan
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
It's a shame that eBay had to behave like this toward an upstanding member. You don't have to be a whiz to see how their business model works; I slip something in your pocket and everyone goes home happy.

I only wish this could have had a happy ending. eBay was premature in rubbing out this listing.

Mr.3000
06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
As much as I might think the idea of owning a players jockstrap is disturbing, to say the least....the idea that someone here took the time to complain to Ebay is even more bothersome.

Just wanted to point out that though I may have started this thread and disagreed with "owning" another males jockstrap....I in no way had issue with TFig or his auction.

It's clear someone read this and complained to Ebay....and it was not I. That's a little overboard. I doubt the individual will have enough stones to admit to doing so. Sad.

TFig, if I saw this as the outcome I wouldn't have started the thread. Unfortunately, some can't have a good laugh without taking it too far.

metsbats
06-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Used underwear? I thought I've seen game used under shorts before on ebay. I guess they are not much of an athletic supporter as we though they were:rolleyes:

TFig27
07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Wonder if the upcoming GUU auction would want to sell an ARod jock strap?

CampWest
07-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Come on. The Cardinals sold URINALS from Busch Stadium which was fairly disgusting. To each their own.

So don't be pissed off, its at least been washed! ;)

punny.

To your point.

In college we (technically a couple of my friends who were roommates - I scored the assist) bought a toilet at a garage sale scrubbed it down thoroughly, sealed off all the water works openings and converted it into a rather unique fish tank. Just had to keep a close eye on anybody who was getting a little too tipsy, to make sure they didnt get confused on that particular toilets functionality or rather lack thereof.